The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well he had Full Time offers in the league above so no sure why he’d want to be back up for you in League 1 👍🏻

Rankin legit said a week after we had both Darren Lyon and Finn Robson (who's signed for Forfar) that the the guys we had on trial didn't meet the level required. Lyon also wasn't exactly a standout for Kelty Hearts last season he's genuinely the sort of player I would of expected Edinburgh or Annan to sign 

55 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Rankin legit said a week after we had both Darren Lyon and Finn Robson (who's signed for Forfar) that the the guys we had on trial didn't meet the level required. Lyon also wasn't exactly a standout for Kelty Hearts last season he's genuinely the sort of player I would of expected Edinburgh or Annan to sign 

Well Kelty and QP fans have said otherwise on our thread thankfully and again he’s no gonna be signing for Edinburgh or Annan when he’s got offers (plural) in the league above so you are just havering shite for the sake of it.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well Kelty and QP fans have said otherwise on our thread thankfully and again he’s no gonna be signing for Edinburgh or Annan when he’s got offers (plural) in the league above so you are just havering shite for the sake of it.

No one said he was going to sign for a lower club, just that that's where he expected him to go...

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We'll wait and see if he's good for Arbroath then but it would of been a very underwhelming signing if he signed for us

32 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Doing the unthinkable and buying my wife an Accies shirt since she grew up going to Douglas Park with her dad back in the early 80s.  Trying to find out where I can buy one - online? Club store? Not getting far with it.   

Good luck, best bet would be the club shop but I'd phone in advance for opening times.

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Serif admitted at The Fans Forum that Anton Dowds was the guy we tried to sign, but he didn't want to drop down a Division.

Another striker in training this week who may or may not be signing.

What else was said at the forum? Unfortunately I missed it.

12 hours ago, FLDiamond said:

Doing the unthinkable and buying my wife an Accies shirt since she grew up going to Douglas Park with her dad back in the early 80s.  Trying to find out where I can buy one - online? Club store? Not getting far with it.   

Think the shop is open every day through the week, except wednesdays, 10am - 4pm

You may need to go in the main door and ask at the reception if you find the door locked.

As others have said, though, i'd prob call ahead just to be sure A it's open and B they have the size you need in stock. The jerseys are on the small side so i'd go a size up.

8 hours ago, JamesHAFC said:

What else was said at the forum? Unfortunately I missed it.

A lot of really positive stuff tbh. If you follow OnlyAccies on twitter i think Ben put some notes on there.

I liked the cut of Serif's jib when he first took over, though despite knowing what he's come through on elsewhere was sceptical due to it being Accies and having heard it all before.

He's delivering on much of what he said he would, though, and it's great to see the positivity around the club and the fans right now. Would make an incredible difference if we can win this league and retain the Challenge Cup, neither of which are unrealistic targets at this stage.

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

A lot of really positive stuff tbh. If you follow OnlyAccies on twitter i think Ben put some notes on there.

I liked the cut of Serif's jib when he first took over, though despite knowing what he's come through on elsewhere was sceptical due to it being Accies and having heard it all before.

He's delivering on much of what he said he would, though, and it's great to see the positivity around the club and the fans right now. Would make an incredible difference if we can win this league and retain the Challenge Cup, neither of which are unrealistic targets at this stage.

I know we were starting from a very low bar but a 162% increase in Season Ticket sales is promising.

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

I know we were starting from a very low bar but a 162% increase in Season Ticket sales is promising.

I wouldn't focus too much on that as I'm sure they will include those sold for a nominal amount rather than given away for free.

What I would focus on is any organic growth in home and away attendances should the team continue to play attractive football.

I know it's a novelty but for a club with a core support so disengaged for the last 10 years to take 300 to N. Ireland for a 3rd Round Challenge Cup tie is an excellent marker for things moving in the right direction. The same tie last year and I think we'd be lucky to have taken half that.

I'm enjoying this season miles more than any since 2014/15 and I know many feel the same way.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I wouldn't focus too much on that as I'm sure they will include those sold for a nominal amount rather than given away for free.

What I would focus on is any organic growth in home and away attendances should the team continue to play attractive football.

I know it's a novelty but for a club with a core support so disengaged for the last 10 years to take 300 to N. Ireland for a 3rd Round Challenge Cup tie is an excellent marker for things moving in the right direction. The same tie last year and I think we'd be lucky to have taken half that.

I'm enjoying this season miles more than any since 2014/15 and I know many feel the same way.

100% a buzz around the club just now.

I've been to very few games over the past 5/6 years but I've been to all bar one game this season and bought a season ticket. 

Clearly I'm just a gloryhunter wanting to see a successful League 1 campaign. 

23 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

I'm shit at maths but does that mean we now have 510 ( up from 315)?

The latest reported figure is 848.

The most interesting part I've seen is Seref planning on buying the stadium. Would be great if this goes through and McGoofey leaves Hamilton for good.

15 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

The latest reported figure is 848.

The most interesting part I've seen is Seref planning on buying the stadium. Would be great if this goes through and McGoofey leaves Hamilton for good.

This 100% on the board or not, sooner he is out of football the better for every one.

Must be boiling his piss to see how easy it has been for our new owner to get everyones backing. Who knew that focusing on football would improve a football club eh? Get him and his utter gang gone. 

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

Just on the amusing stuff your social media does:

image.png.65eccdcbb8f28bac7effcbf33991b7bb.png

image.png.26ef7cdc8ff387aa336340ef02a216d4.png
image.thumb.png.f95d493c873a1e1fdffb7d686636b842.png

I can't believe I'm making this argument for them but that's the 'Scott Struthers owned, non official, Accies page' that's retweeting those videos. 

@theacciesfc is the, alleged, official twitter handle of the club now. 

On the note of the official twitter, the post match interview with Rankin was hard to watch. Has Ben at Only Accies said before that he wouldn't be interested in running the clubs socials? I don't get why he doesn't get the gig (if he wants it). 

Just now, Accies1 said:

I can't believe I'm making this argument for them but that's the 'Scott Struthers owned, non official, Accies page' that's retweeting those videos. 

@theacciesfc is the, alleged, official twitter handle of the club now. 

On the note of the official twitter, the post match interview with Rankin was hard to watch. Has Ben at Only Accies said before that he wouldn't be interested in running the clubs socials? I don't get why he doesn't get the gig (if he wants it). 

Match highlights out in 20 minutes on my personal account then.

If I'm a club secretary I shouldn't be beholden to the SPFL rules.