The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Think that's a bit harsh on Kilday he's rarely put a foot wrong all season imo and I think Kilday, Fergus and Longridge have all played a huge part on why we he have the joined least goals conceded in the league I thought Kilday done well last night as well. I do agree with what you said about McGowan though 

Nah, the reason you have the joint fewest goals against is down to Lang and Henderson's injuries and Donaldson's sending off!

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Think that's a bit harsh on Kilday he's rarely put a foot wrong all season imo and I think Kilday, Fergus and Longridge have all played a huge part on why we he have the joined least goals conceded in the league I thought Kilday done well last night as well. I do agree with what you said about McGowan though 

I was having a go at McGowan; Kilday is ok but also injury prone and  a centre back partnership of a fully fit Jamie Hamilton and Fergus Owens would be the best pairing.

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Nah, the reason you have the joint fewest goals against is down to Lang and Henderson's injuries and Donaldson's sending off!

We would have conceded even fewer with a fully fit Ryan Fulton and Jamie Hamilton a guy who produced the goods as a young player at the top level compared to any defender you lot have who have not produced at that level.

9 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

I was having a go at McGowan; Kilday is ok but also injury prone and  a centre back partnership of a fully fit Jamie Hamilton and Fergus Owens would be the best pairing.

I would say Kilday and Fergus currently however i wouldn't be against having Jamie or Fergus at right back over Tumilty and have the other at center half 

11 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

We would have conceded even fewer with a fully fit Ryan Fulton and Jamie Hamilton a guy who produced the goods as a young player at the top level compared to any defender you lot have who have not produced at that level.

You mean apart from Donaldson? Ok then.

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Some trophy that is for Hamilton

11 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

We’ll only lose Martin if someone buys him as he is still under contract for next season.

There have been a few rumours about him leaving, and that he might have a break in his contract if we don't go up. 

On 09/05/2024 at 07:50, accies1874 said:

There have been a few rumours about him leaving, and that he might have a break in his contract if we don't go up. 

Is he capable of doing it in the Championship? Swap deal for Rose if you lads fancy it.

Just a wee note to pick the brains of folk on here.

We had Four Buses booked for Saturday’s game and now the Bus Company have informed HAFSWO( The Accies Supporters Organisation)  that they can only provide ONE bus.

This leaves over 150+ fans(many with tickets) stranded, so if anyone knows any reliable Central Belt based Coach Firms can you contact the guys who run The Only Accies page on Facebook/Twitter.

Hopefully this can be sorted as I don’t want to see a repeat of last season’s Arbroath game when plenty of us had to watch the game in an Accies Pub after being let down then also.

12 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Just a wee note to pick the brains of folk on here.

We had Four Buses booked for Saturday’s game and now the Bus Company have informed HAFSWO( The Accies Supporters Organisation)  that they can only provide ONE bus.

This leaves over 150+ fans(many with tickets) stranded, so if anyone knows any reliable Central Belt based Coach Firms can you contact the guys who run The Only Accies page on Facebook/Twitter.

Hopefully this can be sorted as I don’t want to see a repeat of last season’s Arbroath game when plenty of us had to watch the game in an Accies Pub after being let down then also.

Howabout Dewars of Falkirk ?    ................ oh maybe not  .

9 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Doesn’t matter where they are from as don’t want to see fans miss out who have booked on the buses.

I would say the same for any team where fans are potentially missing out.

9 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

I assume that was the bus on Saturday that got its windows panned in by Hamilton fans?😅

9 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I assume that was the bus on Saturday that got its windows panned in by Hamilton fans?😅

Those Hamilton fans are wee fannies. Saw them running toward the Alloa fans when they scored at your place then doing the same at theirs. No matter if it's a big away support or one man and his dug, they're there, arms out in the 'c'mon then' pose or pointing at folk asking them outside. Utter arseholes that football could do without!

Pot and kettle mate ….Wee Falkirk fannies  with balaclavas on …. 

every team has them …..including Alloa ….

31 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Those Hamilton fans are wee fannies. Saw them running toward the Alloa fans when they scored at your place then doing the same at theirs. No matter if it's a big away support or one man and his dug, they're there, arms out in the 'c'mon then' pose or pointing at folk asking them outside. Utter arseholes that football could do without!

Not that I'm pontificating we've got our share. How the flares never burnt a hole in your Astro I don't know. Twice now we've got lucky with them landing on the park and not causing damage. 

47 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Not that I'm pontificating we've got our share. How the flares never burnt a hole in your Astro I don't know. Twice now we've got lucky with them landing on the park and not causing damage. 

Oh absolutely, however I would say that Hamilton have a higher % when based on size of support. 

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Not that I'm pontificating we've got our share. How the flares never burnt a hole in your Astro I don't know

Was it actually a flare?? A lot of these lads are using smoke cannons and not flares. It's just that when people see them they instantly think flare. To my knowledge, a smoke cannon is just that, a tube of smoke, a flare has the heat element inside which is what makes them dangerous.

1 minute ago, BB_Bino said:

Was it actually a flare?? A lot of these lads are using smoke cannons and not flares. It's just that when people see them they instantly think flare. To my knowledge, a smoke cannon is just that, a tube of smoke, a flare has the heat element inside which is what makes them dangerous.

Aye I always say flares - however it was a smoke bomb. Nah they are hot. It's a powder that's burning which creates the smoke.

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

Aye I always say flares - however it was a smoke bomb. Nah they are hot. It's a powder that's burning which creates the smoke.

Fair enough LeodhasXD, and thanks for educating me. I didn't realise that and have never actually seen one up close