The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

3 hours ago, KD1711 said:

Cammy Smith going to be doing pre season with you guys to prove his fitness, would be a good signing for you guys. 

Never rated this guy for us. 

4 hours ago, KD1711 said:

Cammy Smith going to be doing pre season with you guys to prove his fitness, would be a good signing for you guys. 

Not the Smith Accies fans are wanting this summer. Those Connor Smith rumours have died down a bit not heard anything for a while regarding him so I'm guessing there wasn't anything in it. On Cammy Smith I've heard the name and remember seeing him play for Partick and Ayr but he never really stood out to me I think I seen him being linked with Cove a few weeks ago on their thread.

11 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I thought he was excellent. Would be delighted with him back. 

He would be a good signing for any team at this level, obviously not the biggest but can hold the ball and link up play well. Would be delighted to have him at Airdrie as well. 

My only gripe with Smith is that he’s pretty slow for that position. Had he not burned his bridges with us when he came back from the States I think he’d be a stick on to re-sign for us. 

30 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Barry Maguire officially signs on a 2 year deal. 

Midfield coming along nicely. 

Nice announcement from Ben to, enjoying what I have seen so far.   

2 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Don’t know much about him, what’s he like? 

He looked promising during the 21/22 campaign under Stuart Taylor however has struggled with injury problems since and has never really kicked on since he's not great however he will give 100% and might be decent in L2 

42 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Cheers, hopefully some more regular game time will bring him on along with the drop in level. 

Played a fair bit last year as a 10 as opposed to the winger he started as. Lot of potential so hopefully kicks on for you guys.

Think we’re not far off being done to be honest.

We maybe need another option upfront with Rose leaving and Winter likely following unless McGlynn is coming back in to the fold this season.

I don’t think we’d need to replace Hamilton as we have Owens, Kilday and McGowan with Hewitt and Longridge able to cover centre half where required.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

I think we need two more options in attack. McGlynn didn't do much a division down so I can't see him being a success in the Championship. I'd be happy to see Rose back. Anyone know how long the deal is for Bradley?

We're in a good position however we still need a few more in. I think we do need a center half ideally someone to play next to Fergus relying on Hewitt or Longridge as backups to play there is not a good idea and playing Longridge there means Hendrie would be at LB. I seen someone say on Accies world that Tumilty is leaving which if is the case then we also need a rignt back.

I think we are mostly good in midfield however I think we could do with a more attacking option as our only real attacking minded midfielder is Barjonas. Someone like Cammy Smith who a previous poster mentioned might be coming on trial would fit that criteria Connor Smith obviously would as well but I think it's unlikely that that's going to happen. 

I think we are massively lacking in attacking options currently right now i think we need to remember that we've lost Rose, Hastie,Smith, Redfren, Kirk from the end of last season. We still don't know if Henderson is staying and I'm unsure if Murray and Winter are still contracted for this season. So we are potentially going down 7 or 8 numbers there. Mumbongo is obviously away as well and I wouldn't expect to see Joe McGlynn again. We've still got O'Hara ,Liam Morgan could play a part this season and we've signed Bradley but we will definitely a few more attacking options it would be ideal to get Henderson on a new contract.

29 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

I think we need two more options in attack. McGlynn didn't do much a division down so I can't see him being a success in the Championship. I'd be happy to see Rose back. Anyone know how long the deal is for Bradley?

Lanarkshire Live has said that's it's a 2 year deal. 

The defence is no where near good enough for this level. McGowan isn't good enough and we will struggle if he’s a starter - which I think he will be. I think Hamilton leaving is a real blow. 

We lacked creativity at times last season, and although Bradley has obviously been brought in to address that, we are light upfront. Ohara going to score enough at this level? Time will tell, I suppose.

1 hour ago, manxaccie said:

The defence is no where near good enough for this level. McGowan isn't good enough and we will struggle if he’s a starter - which I think he will be. I think Hamilton leaving is a real blow. 

We lacked creativity at times last season, and although Bradley has obviously been brought in to address that, we are light upfront. Ohara going to score enough at this level? Time will tell, I suppose.

I think Longridge is good enough for this level. Owens is definitely is good enough and I think he will be one of our best players if not our best player this season. However I agree that I don't trust guys like McGowan and Tumilty at this level again like I mentioned Tumilty might be leaving so a new right back might happen. Even though I don't necessarily think we need a left back I have seen that Scott McMann was released by Dundee United a month ago and I haven't really seen him linked with anyone could that be a option?