The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

2 hours ago, Accieal said:

Im a long time Accies supporter who has been an occasional viewer of Accies content on pie and bovril, but not felt the need to be a contributor.Ā 
I know Iā€™ll get dogs abuse for this, and accused of being a BOD ā€˜plantā€™ā€¦ nothing could be further from the truth.

I donā€™t know Gerry Strain or any of his cronies, but he has come out today to give fans a bit info on why the Connor Smith loan deal has not happenedā€¦ā€¦ donā€™t think what he said was unreasonable or damagingā€¦ā€¦.is silence the best policy? ā€˜Keeping fans in the darkā€™?ā€¦.really think some people on here need to get over themselves.

Depends what you mean by ā€œdamagingā€ I suppose.Ā 

The guy looked like a childish gimp lashing out because he didnā€™t get the toy he wanted but it wonā€™t hurt the clubā€™s reputation or anything.

Describing Kevin Oā€™Hara and/or Kyle MacDonald as Premiership quality players is entirely unreasonable. Good luck to them both but theyā€™ve found their level IMO.

So Strain comes into club and causes havoc within months. Creating false identities, slagging fans, banning fans, starting a police investigation(allegedly).Ā 

He then gets "promoted" to director of football despite not being qualified for the post. Fans who pick him up on this get visits to the house and threats.

Accies FB ruined by people who have never been to a game suddenly appearing and saying what a wonderful job he and McGowan are doing.

They can't cope with any negative feedback so are now the only club in the country where you now can't comment on their FB page.

Now we have 2 of his goons coming on here to spoil this as well.

Strain is a self centred, narcassitic bully who has to get his own way. Strange he is never quite as abrasive face to face as he is online.

10 hours ago, Accieal said:

Im a long time Accies supporter who has been an occasional viewer of Accies content on pie and bovril, but not felt the need to be a contributor.Ā 
I know Iā€™ll get dogs abuse for this, and accused of being a BOD ā€˜plantā€™ā€¦ nothing could be further from the truth.

I donā€™t know Gerry Strain or any of his cronies, but he has come out today to give fans a bit info on why the Connor Smith loan deal has not happenedā€¦ā€¦ donā€™t think what he said was unreasonable or damagingā€¦ā€¦.is silence the best policy? ā€˜Keeping fans in the darkā€™?ā€¦.really think some people on here need to get over themselves.

Next time all that really needs to be said is "despite having an offer accepted by Hearts, we were unable to agree personal terms with the player"

It's not disrespectful to Hamilton in any way for a player's agent to advise him against playing in League One. The reality is that we are at an unattractive level.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Accies FB ruined by people who have never been to a game suddenly appearing and saying what a wonderful job he and McGowan are doing.

You are so wrong ā€¦. I go back to the Ferguson/ Frew/ McMillan era

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Now we have 2 of his goons coming on here to spoil this as well.

As predicted, anyone with a balanced view is accused of being one of McGowans/ Strains cronies.

Said my pieceā€¦ wonā€™t be posting againā€¦

23 minutes ago, Accieal said:

You are so wrong ā€¦. I go back to the Ferguson/ Frew/ McMillan era

As predicted, anyone with a balanced view is accused of being one of McGowans/ Strains cronies.

Said my pieceā€¦ wonā€™t be posting againā€¦

You will be missed.

20 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

He's always like that. Although a lot of good changes have happened at the club this season him still being at the club is one of the bad things. He has threatened accies fans in the past on social media after he got caught out for having a fake account on social media where he was also abusing fans on and he's been accused recently of threatening an older fan as well.Ā 

"accused recently of threatening an older fan as well. " - I don't think anyone accused him of that. I suspect that the person behind that is the same person who sent me messages of a sinister nature.

1 hour ago, Hotchie said:

"accused recently of threatening an older fan as well. " - I don't think anyone accused him of that. I suspect that the person behind that is the same person who sent me messages of a sinister nature.

Oh, another person making their first ever comment in response to the criticism? Interesting.

3 hours ago, Hotchie said:

If he never done it and nobody accused him a bit weird that according to many accies fans he went bright red when someone mentioned it at the fans forum.Ā 

4 hours ago, DeclanG said:

Oh, another person making their first ever comment in response to the criticism? Interesting.

Supported Accies since 1981, joined P&B in 2015. Apparently my first post, but my point stands.

Not great that any new/old fan joining the forum has to justify who they are or aren't constantly at the moment - shouldn't have to.

Anyone not criticising is instantly assumed as a plant from the board rather than a fan with a different view - is that not possible?

Crazy tbh.....just take it or leave it comments wise for me.......we are all meant to be on the same side after all.

Anyway hoping we continue our good start to the season and continue to build momentum this weekend - come on the accies!

Ā 

8 hours ago, Accies1 said:

We've got more fake account fans than actual fans now.

Funny that these guys who have supported Accies for decades and been on here for years never posted about winning at Ibrox, Parkhead, Easter Road or losing at Auchinleck but all independently decide to make their first post in support of Gerry Strain within a couple of hours of each other šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

4 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

As much of a binfire as the last couple of pages of this thread are, you'll still have to go some to compete with the worst thread in the L1 forum, if not the whole forum. We all know which one it is.

Which one is that out of curiosity?

4 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

As much of a binfire as the last couple of pages of this thread are, you'll still have to go some to compete with the worst thread in the L1 forum, if not the whole forum. We all know which one it is.

The Airdrie united thread is in the championship forum now btw.Ā