The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

On 17/08/2023 at 22:42, Accieal said:

Im a long time Accies supporter who has been an occasional viewer of Accies content on pie and bovril, but not felt the need to be a contributor. 
I know I’ll get dogs abuse for this, and accused of being a BOD ‘plant’… nothing could be further from the truth.

I don’t know Gerry Strain or any of his cronies, but he has come out today to give fans a bit info on why the Connor Smith loan deal has not happened…… don’t think what he said was unreasonable or damaging…….is silence the best policy? ‘Keeping fans in the dark’?….really think some people on here need to get over themselves.

If they don't get info on Accies they complain and when they do get info on the club they complain. At least they're consistent. Full of their own self importance too. We do find them amusing though 

11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Excuse me?

Best ignored.

Noticed he said 'we' 🙄 

Back on topic - great start to the season, really happy with how we have been playing. It feels good to enjoy the football again. 

47 minutes ago, Skondras said:

Best ignored.

Noticed he said 'we' 🙄 

Back on topic - great start to the season, really happy with how we have been playing. It feels good to enjoy the football again. 

Played some really good stuff on Saturday on a poor pitch in difficult conditions. Away support is better than last season and will hopefully get bigger if we keep playing like that.

Sounds like quite a few are planning on making the trip. 

I had barely been to a game in 10 years now this season I've been to every away game, bought a season ticket and now I'm going to Northern Ireland.

Clearly I needed more misery in my life this year. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Yip flying out first thing in the morning (Glasgow) and last flight back at night (Edinburgh). Will you be on the European tour?

Good stuff. I am flying on Friday and coming back Sunday. Will see you there 👍.

1 hour ago, Accies1 said:

I had barely been to a game in 10 years now this season I've been to every away game, bought a season ticket and now I'm going to Northern Ireland.

Are you guys not enjoying the fitba much more now that you are out of the top league and enjoying seeing your team competing again and (mostly) winning for a change, and not having to put up with 4 visits from the OF mobs every season?  My lot (Queens) haven't graced the top league since the early 1960's (before even I started going to games), but whilst we've occasionally dreamed of making the promised land and have sometimes got fairly close, I've always thought it would be miserable (especially with the small leagues) as we'd be constantly struggling to survive and sitting deep most games just to try to avoid regular hammerings.

Sorry to pollute your thread with my musings, but I often think the current league structure just leaves no hope for aspirational diddy clubs who lack the "sugar daddy" backers.

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

Are you guys not enjoying the fitba much more now that you are out of the top league and enjoying seeing your team competing again and (mostly) winning for a change, and not having to put up with 4 visits from the OF mobs every season?  My lot (Queens) haven't graced the top league since the early 1960's (before even I started going to games), but whilst we've occasionally dreamed of making the promised land and have sometimes got fairly close, I've always thought it would be miserable (especially with the small leagues) as we'd be constantly struggling to survive and sitting deep most games just to try to avoid regular hammerings.

Sorry to pollute your thread with my musings, but I often think the current league structure just leaves no hope for aspirational diddy clubs who lack the "sugar daddy" backers.

The fact there are 4 stadiums in this league I hadn't been to was a big draw for me in all honesty. Also, when you look through the league there isn't really a terrible away day (other than Falkirk) which makes it fun too. 

I'm not sure I want us languishing around this league for too long (like Falkirk) but a season is a nice change of scenery. 

14 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

It's not been a great time so far after being relegated from the Prem. The 2 championship seasons we've just had, especially last season, were the worst I've experienced as a fan (Started attending games in 2006). 

As for this season, it's still very early days. The league cup games were ok, Cove first match was a bit of slog, but definitely enjoyed Kelty. The last 2 weeks have definitely been encouraging and got me excited for a Saturday, which is a feeling I haven't had for many years, so here's hoping it continues.

54 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

The fact there are 4 stadiums in this league I hadn't been to was a big draw for me in all honesty. Also, when you look through the league there isn't really a terrible away day (other than Falkirk) which makes it fun too. 

I'm not sure I want us languishing around this league for too long (like Falkirk) but a season is a nice change of scenery. 

Yeah, I didn't particularly mean that you'd be enjoying Tier 3 after so long upstairs.  Was more thinking of the Championship, which can be fun if you have a competitive squad.  It must just be refreshing going into a Saturday knowing that you'll at least be competitive.

30 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

It's not been a great time so far after being relegated from the Prem. The 2 championship seasons we've just had, especially last season, were the worst I've experienced as a fan (Started attending games in 2006). 

As for this season, it's still very early days. The league cup games were ok, Cove first match was a bit of slog, but definitely enjoyed Kelty. The last 2 weeks have definitely been encouraging and got me excited for a Saturday, which is a feeling I haven't had for many years, so here's hoping it continues.

Yep, our last two seasons in the Championship were miserable too - struggling to stay up with a squad that just wasn't up to it.  But for clubs of the size of Accies/Queens the Championship should be achievable and where you should have the chance to be competitive and hence be more enjoyable than the top tier (I would imagine).

26 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Whoever does the Accies Twitter isn't the sharpest tool in the box:

Berwick Rangers play in Tweedmouth which is definitely very much in England given it's south of the Tweed.

I'm sure it's Struthers, who is the biggest anorak I know as well

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Yeah, I didn't particularly mean that you'd be enjoying Tier 3 after so long upstairs.  Was more thinking of the Championship, which can be fun if you have a competitive squad.  It must just be refreshing going into a Saturday knowing that you'll at least be competitive.

I agree with you. When we first got promotion under Billy Reid (2007 I think?) it was incredible as we'd been to the brink of despair and to climb back to the pinnacle was an unbelievable achievement. Then when Alex Neil took us back up and, literally, had us at the top of the league we were in dream land. However, after he left it was very much just a case of waiting to go down.

It's a massive shame, the past 10-15 years have been the most successful in our clubs history, however our fanbase has dwindled due to many factors and being a perennial diddy club in the top flight for so long actually didn't help. 

To be fair if Zengin keeps backing the team now like he has done this season then I think we would actually be able to compete for the playoffs places in the championship. It's fair to say Zengin still needs to improve things off the pitch but nobody can say he's done a bad job on the pitch. If Maitland and McGowan were still making the football decisions this year I genuinely worry to think how we would of done in the league this season cause let's face it we definitely wouldn't be in a title fight. 

On 19/08/2023 at 09:50, FuzzyBear said:

Funny that these guys who have supported Accies for decades and been on here for years never posted about winning at Ibrox, Parkhead, Easter Road or losing at Auchinleck but all independently decide to make their first post in support of Gerry Strain within a couple of hours of each other 😂😂.

This game V Celtic? This game V Auchinleck? You can read my reaction to the play-off promotion in Nutmeg. Did not come on here to defend Gerry Strain. Just pointing out that I thought it was unlikely that he was involved in the harassment of a supporter in Dumfries. For what it's worth, I think it is more likely to be the same person who sent me sinister, threatening messages. And I have better grounds for my suspicions about who that is than "People tell me he went a bit red at the Fans' Forum."

AIL4fc_RopwlZSiin9OyJzmkT3t81C_hq9Tu6L8XU_UQKsIZZRSlkNn1MI8NXvnMjhObICuipYO0uF-hfZVesJ4Q3I0JKW6MZ3m_oG3Y2eh_q_4d3PDnfc74l4Yc2oJEmiN3-be3-KK9mZcIU99tOHHmGZlRKo6ZCJ6x0cW_X7IS39DdSmKasKciCEiEbuB971aEfqPxl8zgsgpyTqS5-bU3COPyq2bLEIvRVUj5RDxTuNUoO7LkvnUJ42UevcCKxQuLjKF8GNqpkOPLqpjKpYB8Lo-oQLRI35gVd9r69C2VQr9MduPLN-lIj7_rai8noky7uHVRQi48Q9-Pm13z64MUBD2hAq1NS_8VXxXsU0uF-tgLxEhWh8WcwanIga-pjASIF0ZpLLyzX0ErWNgTCZDykTaq_y6xIB58d1oqfRFjziKFRaOvG-tE1cHWXVu55ikmi2avd2kgLX4LBe6GPR4h22lY4h0eY_sTUy3AsZ4t14W05PEbIk-ypNeA_LvKv9UxaAVXHsT_3neEfeR7u258iylfL-XYroChYN7Dp_PksGrXgWyTuBDFz5neQOdbWQiE4J8CjREoS3cZ4F9knFe8RElg__xbusl4reVOqYoo_eXciaoXI2D_RnIYSStY9CUSnLVLa_toOxCVwbIyhC6Ae4NiHqoZttMZa9MX9exorwRr-l8mS-QQp825lUl2pKHnQbQyjalMkUT9vRzm74Y7FudS2-ZcBYmthk_nKbkPGUGGq96ge3a-fHR3rxDPFSEyxOq3JSzHxWuhPhU_z30BWaKBydWRXFxpHJMoyvQdKYMTNTzgaW-6OZ6UiqMdtpvfEl36nJr5AK2jxQlGM9kFSnnjnHRK5y7kga3emiiH1tLovPYdrZO4kss42AHfAGyCYxI_wkra1HIrEmu87MqCGCn0Ar2Kr1P0bBoJMIsD17SFhSeSvlajjpXeq9I2_A=w493-h657-s-no?authuser=0AIL4fc983ewKuQvy3k7IUjnzHxHCU1mAmQ6sH0HKd8iB5rCiAw6lG9AIWr_aD7G3rnfpV4NVtNDa1UQCnOhSTO4Ufj8EA4wsTH-HfgZf9wrQoH41jegY2LupaBrzK7hlIS0UThIFmgtZMebxbhP-B7CCl90oOsriHl67mwIH7YFSA6L_D0g6Rd9vHnXLMIEHAcQM1bvKVpYRHp5roWApJs4my0_xQAfI69EY5P770cRu_vLtk7s0HaxxmIKwIKaHNRdb0fC99hKMfjZEuLXLcV-6yegv2WXWV_i51AqOKsZYGTvc8rugJTCPO50jw1rV3Cz0c2u77_OPEMsktONwFP-Fa4ga7wsg8GkwmxE3FjPKukHCTx5E14fRajAb_RSEo7gpHi0sjQhx0c37L5ZNNnpzgvIHOhoRteydV37oZnsO93XLoqrw6LalHwJC3bxvHgJ5sTto3UIeOCfu2Lg_tsQjQRBtNzKf-JFE_Jb8nQxdOkK3byoJB-4lyt6qQx8SLvKhlwK-OddE1pi0niukqo1-nFTmH9t8CBzIwwbNxw4mnzOichLlRgruA-VmHYu_fXeO9zz2r1NnadlJ1YOwf6Si5Z2jqWZZrG5F7DArPZ2-vFm0skP1Oym_5g9M-dLNAXhFfaeYZAFAIH6wXnMlrjWH3iV3WILfYeBkt-rQk--WyPhgSpfWOwrhD1_cztTY_Ssiu8s1_GWaLFYJv0d1eGkkIMVyah8OVjXq_sKdDkh86I1V5xUtAFBfFCkN9dILlGCxAeOaECLbsWqEYo-9zhc-0PSUgETqYzu4nHV8znYlp-GMqTX7DS0LYsGHCpwaky57ukcC8QwGkmS3JCplgJAdUhlY-7H6FT8o-xd8mb3vMHI8alSTzSRewHZqtkjkshYYDamzx0awTa-WWH7jJ6kbUzRXoefxtSwjuM6uAoBI-Ex3J4XG4UoxRGLV-yeB1g=w876-h657-s-no?authuser=0