2023/24 New Season New Hope.

4 minutes ago, Hossy87 said:

Had the league games been more aligned, that could have made for an epic 4/5 way battle for the title, but still am incredible end with a winner takes all. 

Credit must go to the wee gremlin, whoever it is, that caused the damage to the now infamous water pipe atop the dressing rooms the night of the cup win less than 2 days afore the old title decider day. 🤣🤣

Hope there is a good turnout from south fans; could be a historic day in old Wigtonshire, as long as all the line dancing hasn't made the pitch unplayable.

4 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Have dates been set yet for the Lowland League promotion playoffs?

I read somewhere it's 18th down here and Tuesday 21st up in Broxburn. I may be wrong sure someone in the know will correct me if so.

Title decider between Creetown and star this Wed at Castle Cary, all welcome obviously.

7 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Have dates been set yet for the Lowland League promotion playoffs?

18th and 24/25th may, top of page 11 of this thread

3 hours ago, Sermani said:

18th and 24/25th may, top of page 11 of this thread

That's a shame if the 18th is set in stone as the home leg, just because that's the date of the Stranraer v East Kilbride 2nd leg at Stair Park. Would be good to get to Stranraer's game as well as the South winners' home leg, but looks like that's not possible 

9 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

That's a shame if the 18th is set in stone as the home leg, just because that's the date of the Stranraer v East Kilbride 2nd leg at Stair Park. Would be good to get to Stranraer's game as well as the South winners' home leg, but looks like that's not possible 

Don't think these are set in stone, did't know 18th was the home leg, May 25th is also cup final day

1 hour ago, Sermani said:

Don't think these are set in stone, did't know 18th was the home leg, May 25th is also cup final day

Honestly haven't seen them anywhere else but on p&b so as you say maybe not set in stone. 

Are you ready for Wednesday or has it all been too much for your wee heart. 😉😉

Some Broxburn folk are hinting they might make it too.

Surely tae God there wil be a good turnout at the caravan park.

2 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

2 hours ago, Sermani said:

33 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Honestly haven't seen them anywhere else but on p&b so as you say maybe not set in stone. 

- SoSFL champion vs. EoSFL champion on Saturday 18 May, kick off 15:00

- EoSFL champion vs. SoSFL champion on Friday 24 May, kick off 19:45.

42 minutes ago, Hossy87 said:

- SoSFL champion vs. EoSFL champion on Saturday 18 May, kick off 15:00

- EoSFL champion vs. SoSFL champion on Friday 24 May, kick off 19:45.

Busy few weeks coming up; Castle Cary Wednesday, Palmerston Friday, St.Mary's Saturday. Then Islecroft Monday, Galabank on the Friday finishing off at Castle Cary/Islecroft on the Saturday.

Gotta Love It. ⚽⚽⚽⚽

The sport of the common man. 

15 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I'll be nowhere near it.

On 04/05/2024 at 21:17, An Absolute Imposter said:

as long as all the line dancing hasn't made the pitch unplayable.

Was the Dalbeattie manager there strutting his stuff?

8 hours ago, outsider said:

Was the Dalbeattie manager there strutting his stuff?

Country and Western ain't my thing, leave that to the wife, although getting dragged to Stirling in July to see that Shania Twain lassie. 😪

Being fae Glesga I am and forever will be a Slosh devotee just like Jack & Victor. (wee guy doing the slosh emoji).

1 hour ago, Sermani said:

i, what was he Scottish Champion or something similar?

at the line dancing?

I'd have that on my cv, top of the page afore anything to do with work.

Can't believe you won't at CCP tomorrow. First season back and 90 mins away from title. I'd want to he there to witness, in fact I will be. 😁😁

6 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

at the line dancing?

Can't believe you won't at CCP tomorrow. First season back and 90 mins away from title. I'd want to he there to witness, in fact I will be. 😁😁

His picture was on the front page of the Courier years ago for line dancing, can't remember why, maybe won a competition or a free night at the top of Govan Road, impressive if he did. Watching Shania Twain, now that don't impress me much.

Tomorrow night, basically can't be bothered, The ground is suppose to hold 500, if anything near that turn out, good forecast as well, hell knows what it will be like. Probably have to park miles away, queue to get in, the stand about 5 deep and no doubt being a wee fellow i'll be stuck behind a bunch of 6 foot plus teenagers who will spend the 90 minutes playing on there phones and having a fly vape. Only been to 4 Star away games this season so i would feel a bit awkward about suddenly turning up at the biggest game of the season.  Very much a case of seen it done it over the years.

2 hours ago, Sermani said:

His picture was on the front page of the Courier years ago for line dancing, can't remember why, maybe won a competition or a free night at the top of Govan Road, impressive if he did. Watching Shania Twain, now that don't impress me much.

Tomorrow night, basically can't be bothered, The ground is suppose to hold 500, if anything near that turn out, good forecast as well, hell knows what it will be like. Probably have to park miles away, queue to get in, the stand about 5 deep and no doubt being a wee fellow i'll be stuck behind a bunch of 6 foot plus teenagers who will spend the 90 minutes playing on there phones and having a fly vape. Only been to 4 Star away games this season so i would feel a bit awkward about suddenly turning up at the biggest game of the season.  Very much a case of seen it done it over the years.

If the weather is good I try to keep away from the 'covered' enclosure, it gives a better view of proceedings. 

If The Ferry win to get their first title it will be nice to have witnessed it, and me being me I will no doubt have one or two words to say on it.

Whilst I have you, what has been the consensus down the Islecroft at the Star's first season back in the South after, is it almost a decade away?

I hear you brother, being at a Shania Twain gig will make me feel like a woman. 

13 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

If the weather is good I try to keep away from the 'covered' enclosure, it gives a better view of proceedings. 

If The Ferry win to get their first title it will be nice to have witnessed it, and me being me I will no doubt have one or two words to say on it.

Whilst I have you, what has been the consensus down the Islecroft at the Star's first season back in the South after, is it almost a decade away?

I hear you brother, being at a Shania Twain gig will make me feel like a woman. 

Remember if Creetown win, Don't be Stupid

Never asked the committee and don't know any of the players or coaching staff but being in the South is better than the Lowland, The Lowland is good if you are competitive but  nothing beats winning on a regular basis. The last season in the Lowland was punishing

On 07/05/2024 at 09:58, Sermani said:

i, what was he Scottish Champion or something similar?

On 07/05/2024 at 11:40, An Absolute Imposter said:

at the line dancing?

Eddie Warwick was a WORLD Youth Champion dancer I believe.