Clyde Season 23/24

Narey's Toepoker has us 9th in his League 2 season preview. I'd say that's quite generous. If we don't bring in anyone with even a shred of quality before the weekend, I'd say we're absolutely goosed. Don't even have any update on when the kits for the upcoming season will be ready to wear. It's some laugh, I'll tell you that.

@Francesc Fabregas is the big Terrace Lower League preview show coming out in time for this weekends opener? Perfect doom-listening for the drive to Ainslie Park if so!

Edited by Brian Carrigan

2 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

From the league cup performances and a friendly v Falkirk....The Spartans look a very strong outfit. They also have a proven goal scorer in Blair Henderson.....a draw in  the season opener would be more than I expect.

SPARTANS WILL WIN 3-0    THE SPARTANS KEEPER WILL HAVE A DECKCHAIR AND THE DAILY RECORD TO PASS THE TIME. A DRAW LOL

I think we are generally depressed enough without having to read your persistent negative posts.

Sure, we need a clear out starting with the boardroom, but not until they can be replaced by guys who A: know what they are doing and B: have the funding to turn things round or know how to get it.

So long as the club keep doing what they are currently doing they will keep getting what they currently get I.e. ridicule and failure. Whingeing will get us nowhere so we, the fans, need to come together and put together a plan of action.

I have hardly been to a game over the past few years as this is the palest shadow of the Clyde I knew and loved to follow.... but I would gladly throw in my lot and muck in if there was a fan-driven route out of this mess. 

At risk of arguing against myself though, I would suggest waiting to see how the squad develops up until the Crownpoint decision. If that fails and the squad is still unfit to challenge then that is time to act with purpose.  Looks like the alternative is to disappear with a whimper because right now the game in Scotland wouldn't miss us at all.

3 hours ago, Walk Glasgow said:

I think we are generally depressed enough without having to read your persistent negative posts.

Sure, we need a clear out starting with the boardroom, but not until they can be replaced by guys who A: know what they are doing and B: have the funding to turn things round or know how to get it.

So long as the club keep doing what they are currently doing they will keep getting what they currently get I.e. ridicule and failure. Whingeing will get us nowhere so we, the fans, need to come together and put together a plan of action.

I have hardly been to a game over the past few years as this is the palest shadow of the Clyde I knew and loved to follow.... but I would gladly throw in my lot and muck in if there was a fan-driven route out of this mess. 

At risk of arguing against myself though, I would suggest waiting to see how the squad develops up until the Crownpoint decision. If that fails and the squad is still unfit to challenge then that is time to act with purpose.  Looks like the alternative is to disappear with a whimper because right now the game in Scotland wouldn't miss us at all.

You have answered your own question and the time to act is now as it’s a shit show beyond belief and we are going down quicker than a Thai hooker.

12 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

24 hours to first league game and NOTHING on the website about the game, the players, the arrangements...............just nothing.

Probably what we will get from the game!

It's actually 30 hours until your first league match.

So there we have it everyone, now in formal black and white and not just stated at a meeting - the explicit aim this season is promotion back to L1 at the first time of asking. 

I hope to be wrong of course, but if we are where many project us to be by, say November or even Christmas, then action will need to be taken surely because we would’ve failed the goal? 

I don’t believe an exaggeration to say the next few months through the autumn and winter are existential for the future of the club. It’s either an improved performance than projected, safety in L2 (or better) and securing a future home or the alternative, which will have us all digging out the directions for Caley Braves and Gala Fairydean. 

We’re all about to find out which it is…

14 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

So there we have it everyone, now in formal black and white and not just stated at a meeting - the explicit aim this season is promotion back to L1 at the first time of asking. 

I hope to be wrong of course, but if we are where many project us to be by, say November or even Christmas, then action will need to be taken surely because we would’ve failed the goal? 

I don’t believe an exaggeration to say the next few months through the autumn and winter are existential for the future of the club. It’s either an improved performance than projected, safety in L2 (or better) and securing a future home or the alternative, which will have us all digging out the directions for Caley Braves and Gala Fairydean

Gala was a great day out in the Scottish Cup about 10 years ago tbf.

53 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

I don’t believe an exaggeration to say the next few months through the autumn and winter are existential for the future of the club. It’s either an improved performance than projected, safety in L2 (or better) and securing a future home or the alternative, which will have us all digging out the directions for Caley Braves and Gala Fairydean. 

Another load of unsubstantiated drivel from the leader of a failed group of directors. If the chairman has assessed our squad, our head coach, our Director of football, and our ability to compete with the others in League 2 and has arrived at the content of this statement- it rather proves his knowledge of football is sadly lacking.