Clyde Season 23/24

23 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

What an unholy mess.

As I said in two different conversations recently - stick to what you know and do it to help the club.

People getting involved in EGMs, Corporate Governance, Structuring alternative Board of Directors and so on when they have no working experience of such is frankly ridiculous.

For the good of the club - step back, watch what happens over the autumn regarding Crownpoint and funding, and then review the need for an approach to the Board - preferably done in the proper manner by those who are 

a. Competent in such manners

b. Are the ones responsible for the 'detail' of the replacement Board and new Club objectives

c. Capable of communicating a vision that supporters can make a judgement on.

If the above 'offends' anyone because they see it as condescending then so be it. 

Get this wrong and the consequences could be severe.  Way beyond being angry at football results being very poor. 

Superbly put. However without knowing what the actual motive and plan is, it’s hard to predict . Is now the only time their “plan” is most appealing to result beleaguered owners?

5 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Great post but on your point C....given all this hooha should it not be the right time to tell the support and the members more detail of the bloke putting in the money. I know he didnt want to originally but that was before all this kicked off. Surely things have changed a bit and the people need to know why they are being asked to  sit back and wait for so they can make a decision on going forward with a meeting or not.

For me that element is about trust. There is a balance to be found between wanting more detail and acknowledging his wishes to be in the background. I prefer to go along with the latter if it suits him. The money if it is there will come. If it isn't there, then we have lost a few weeks as opposed to scaring him off....

18 minutes ago, Shetto Clyde Man said:

Superbly put. However without knowing what the actual motive and plan is, it’s hard to predict . Is now the only time their “plan” is most appealing to result beleaguered owners?

If you were wanting to take control of an organisation, then when it is at its lowest ebb is probably when you see an opportunity. Positive news on Crownpoint and funding over Sep/Oct may close the door for them. If they have the club's future as their premier concern then they can step back and wait a few weeks you would like to think.

8 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

If you were wanting to take control of an organisation, then when it is at its lowest ebb is probably when you see an opportunity. Positive news on Crownpoint and funding over Sep/Oct may close the door for them. If they have the club's future as their premier concern then they can step back and wait a few weeks you would like to think.

I have a gut feeling Crown Point is not going to happen....

55 minutes ago, Shetto Clyde Man said:

And that will be the boards fault I take it Harry ?

1 hour ago, Right turn Clyde said:

I have a gut feeling Crown Point is not going to happen....

CROWNPOINT IS A WASTE OF EVERYONES TIME. WE CANT FIELD A TEAM FIT TO WEAR THE JERSEY WE WILL BE BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE BY SATURDAY NIGHT AND WE ARE  BANGING ON ABOUT BUILDING A STADIUM. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS SMOKING. THE STRUCTURE WITHIN THE CLUB NEEDS SORTED BEFORE THESE THINGS CAN HAPPEN. IN THIS CASE THE TAIL IS WAGGING THE DOG. THE CHAIRMAN IS CLEARLY NOT ABLE TO RUN THE CLUB PROPERLY AND THE  MUTINY IS UNDERSTANDABLE AS I DOUBT EVEN A FAN OF THE CLUB COULD DO AS WORSE JOB.

6 days on from an EGM request, nobody knows any details of what the plan is, who is on this board ready to take over, and we have 1 name of who’s leading it. 

There’s nothing like requesting an EGM, then deciding the details of what you want and how you’ll do it. Sounds well thought out. 

40 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

not sure...maybe just a better fit with the other bid

Not sure about a lot of things 

not sure about what alias to use 

not sure what Clyde fan is secretly a spy of Stenhousemuir

not sure what owner to contact to get owners information

one thing WE are all sure of is what you are  

Good statement of facts from the board regarding the EGM. 

I'm interested to know the mindset behind why these people don't want Crownpoint. A stadium we would own and prosper from, giving us longevity.

I have heard those wanting to possibly return to shawfield, it is not happening. The land is contaminated due to the well documented chemical waste issue from the nearby burn. I'd estimate the cost of the land and purchase of the stadium would be more than double what Crownpoint would cost talking 4-5 million at least ...that's before even starting to look at the rusty, health and safety nightmare of the stands.

Time for those who called the EGM to take a step back, put self interests aside and focus on the actual good of the club. 

For what it's worth I find that the behaviour and language from where this group sit is appalling. I'd argue that they need a speaking to before the board, it's an absolute embarrassment to the club when we're looking to be a community club, vying for the adoration of the younger generation. 

Results on the pitch matter, but this current state of affairs is much larger imo.

35 minutes ago, Cutty Sark said:

Good statement of facts from the board regarding the EGM. 

I'm interested to know the mindset behind why these people don't want Crownpoint. A stadium we would own and prosper from, giving us longevity.

I have heard those wanting to possibly return to shawfield, it is not happening. The land is contaminated due to the well documented chemical waste issue from the nearby burn. I'd estimate the cost of the land and purchase of the stadium would be more than double what Crownpoint would cost talking 4-5 million at least ...that's before even starting to look at the rusty, health and safety nightmare of the stands.

Time for those who called the EGM to take a step back, put self interests aside and focus on the actual good of the club. 

For what it's worth I find that the behaviour and language from where this group sit is appalling. I'd argue that they need a speaking to before the board, it's an absolute embarrassment to the club when we're looking to be a community club, vying for the adoration of the younger generation. 

Results on the pitch matter, but this current state of affairs is much larger imo.

On this post here, just to clarify at the outset I don't know anything about a possible takeover, exactly who is involved, I could care less now in any case and from the sounds of it people would be getting a choice of sticking with existing heart disease or exchanging that for malaria just for the novelty value.

But on a couple things you've said here CT.

First of all with the specific proposal on Crownpoint, I've yet to see anything about it that would give rise to optimism that it could provide a prosperous future, relating to the lack of a community and the very restrictive logistics of any potential build.  The Board haven't stated this either, what they have said is that by comparison to the t&c's they had at Broadwood, they felt that Crownpoint's potential would bring them onto more of a level playing field to compete with the likes of Montrose - I'm quoting at least one interview here.

Secondly regarding Shawfield.  That's not entirely accurate.  The burn flows well west of the stadium.  The problem is caused by the false embankment built with contaminated soil from J White's works that formed the terracing.  Queen's Park recently found a similar issue when re-developing Lesser Hampden.  White's were dumping that stuff everywhere over a very large area.  The problem isn't so much if it's left alone - albeit it's true it did get into the burn that travelled at the back of the now flattened Arnold Clark's - it's if the ground is disturbed.  It's why Clyde Gateway have spent north of £20 million cleaning large areas of the earmarked development before they could even think about building anything, using a dilution system.  This is the problem the King's have encountered in gaining approval for developing housing, they would have to incur the cost of cleaning it first which they're not exactly keen on.

The blueprint for any possible return would be the TopGolf development at Farme Cross, a mix of private and public partnership involving SLC, Clyde Gateway, and various government bodies that would ultimately provide a community use stadium as well as what is required for a professional football club.  There was never an attempt to at least look into this option because it was decided a couple of years ago that no other option other than Crownpoint should be the focus.   When you've played the long game in setting up a pseudo charity for the specific purpose of being in a position to then use that in the bidding process, motivation to look at anything else evaporates.

Either way, however it turns out, the best of luck with everything.

14 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Interesting that the new away kit isn't actually the same template that won the vote.

Not that it's the big news of the moment but it's pretty nice for an away/third kit.

Also it seems like our club shop has been removed from the RJM website.

I actually think it’s really nice. It’s just a shame it’s close to the red home kit.

45 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Could somebody please share or private message the details of the board’s statement regarding the EGM or Alexander’s response?

I know it’s a massive ask of the secret society, and that I’m breaking protocol as we fans are supposed to just keep attending games and ask no questions, but it’s getting beyond ridiculous now 😐

Don’t really understand this mentality. Anyone is able to be an owner, and that’s been the model for years. You may not like it, but don’t come on moaning about something you could actually change but obviously don’t want to. 

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Don’t really understand this mentality. Anyone is able to be an owner, and that’s been the model for years. You may not like it, but don’t come on moaning about something you could actually change but obviously don’t want to. 

Not right now they can't. Due to the EGM triggering some clause no new owners are currently being accepted. I was unfortunate that my ownership application was right at the time the EGM was mooted so I'm left in limbo. The club to their credit gave me the option of a refund until the matter is sorted, but I told them to keep it and just process me when they can. 

Anyways, this takeover bid sounds nonsense(from what little I've heard on here). So let's hurry up and get them booted.