Clyde Season 23/24

If I was to make a prediction, I'd say we'll end up with some prepubescent u18 striker on loan* from Hamilton or Alloa. He'll run about aimlessly, score no goals and be warming the bench by September weekend.

*Probably more likely to be a two year contract than loan.

Go on Clyde. Prove me wrong

The Board need help in recruiting players...the manager is a rookie, the Board are clueless on football matters...wonder if they have brought anyone with experience in to help them through this very difficult period?

Wonder if even for this very experienced football person...the timing was just too late, maybe he's coming up against negativity from the playing fraternity for Clyde in general.....maybe just maybe his extensive contacts will bear fruit when spending the next few weeks trying to plunder the loan market and the out of contract player market......that is if such a person exists........tonight looks a dead duck....let's see what the AM brings...........

“What, for some, might have looked like a disjointed start to this campaign can in part be explained by the fact that we were not clear on that financial support, and therefore final budget, until after the initial flurry of signing activity. Many of those moves are arranged with players before the end of season. Our revised budget is barely 70% spent and the squad will be strengthened.“ - Clyde FC Board, 5th August 2023

Excited I Like It GIF by LA Clippers
Ji Stevenson is going to have to do a hell of a lot of lifting to that squad if he’s the only improvement…

18 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

I can only assume it’s been all hands on deck tonight getting the paperwork signed on time and the announcements will be made tomorrow. 😬

Literally the only hope I’m holding onto. If we have been unable to strengthen in a single area with 30% of the budget left it’s a display of gross incompetence.

7 hours ago, Jack Phillips said:

Mental how we have actually finished the day with less players 😂

The big news coming out of Clyde fc no money spent on new signings although the teams around us have strengthened their squads. The board should hold their heads in shame as they continue to take the piss out of all of us.

It's amazing what a couple of really good signings would have done with the supporters but as normal we don't make them I'm sure McLean tried to get bodies in but what incentive is there for anyone to sign for us at the moment, we were relegated before the season started by the poor quality standard of player Duffy was allowed to bring in and it was widely known Duffmans recruitment was lackluster at best. 

Jim Duffy has only played a small part on where we are today, a club with a rich and illustrious history on the brink of disappearing into the abyss of the lowland league. I just can't believe where this board as a collective have made so many errors and lapses of judgement over the last few years I thought after winning promotion we had finally got our act together and were achieving goals that many a supporter longed for following the team through thick and thin after 10 years of mediocrity languishing in league 2 and being constantly told we couldn't compete with teams able to be self sustaining owning their own stadia and income streams.

There needs to be a massive wake up call to everyone this board needs to be held accountable the egm group needs to come forward with who is behind it and if they really have the welfare of the club at heart the names I have heard don't fill me with confidence, all parties must come forward and work together for the greater good with open and constructive communication fans need to know what ideas that the egm group have who is waiting to takeover so fans can make there own informed decisions but so far they are as bad as this board for transparency.

If we continue on this current trajectory with all the infighting from different parties and the continued damage to the welfare and sought after achievements to the club we will be consigned to history. An echo of the past.