Clyde Season 23/24

1 minute ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Disagree with you here, I don't think that's cold or insensitive at all. He's right. I don't know Lewis, and as such I don't have any skin in the game. I do however know him and his family are among the most loyal of Clyde fans, and if it's helping his mental health and doesn't cost any money, I'm not sure what motivation the kitman (and the club, who would have sanctioned it) would have for getting rid of him.

Even on the off chance having him about with the kitman was detrimental in some way (hypothetically), surely the club could find another voluntary role for him elsewhere just to keep him involved?

Of all the things to come from Clyde of late, I find this decision one of the most bizarre and think it needs to be properly explained by the club.

On reflection, maybe you have a point...probably similar thinking to allowing the podcast to be aired 

32 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

On reflection, maybe you have a point...probably similar thinking to allowing the podcast to be aired 

What was wrong with the podcast? I found it enjoyable to listen to on the way to games. 

Even if not to your taste, the media content coming out of the club isn't very good. The podcast was something decent in my opinion.

Unless you're one of the individuals that tried to bully the presenters on social media?

7 minutes ago, Cutty Sark said:

What was wrong with the podcast? I found it enjoyable to listen to on the way to games. 

Even if not to your taste, the media content coming out of the club isn't very good. The podcast was something decent in my opinion.

Unless you're one of the individuals that tried to bully the presenters on social media?

Oh I just wish I could take back that comment.....I'm ashamed of myself for criticising the podcast....appalled at myself, how will I get through the day?

Right enough of that....if considering the podcast puerile, immature, self indulgent and uninformed crap, and at times letting them have that feedback....is construed as bullying....guilty as charged.

43 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Come on you, the podcast was great.

Clyde's 'content' as a club has classically been extremely poor. Fair play to the lads that took it upon themselves to do the podcast, and I believe it's the same lads that currently travel to Stenny to interview Brian McLean for his previews (maybe I'm wrong). They're poor not because of the effort of the interviewer, it's just that McLean is extremely wooden and far from engaging as an interviewee.

The podcast is not likely to bother you anymore RTC as the host has stated he is stepping down due to fighting depression.  Perhaps take some time considering that going forward.  

Edited to add : I apologise to the individual if they did not want that information shared here and will remove if they so wish. 

Edited by Glorious Purpose

19 minutes ago, Glorious Purpose said:

The podcast is not likely to bother you anymore RTC as the host has stated he is stepping down due to fighting depression.  Perhaps take some time considering that going forward.  

Edited to add : I apologise to the individual if they did not want that information shared here and will remove if they so wish. 

thank you for pointing this out, although I am not sure the person would in fact have wanted you to fo this.

I think that’s a very good move from him to stop.
To be suffering from depression is horrific and it’s been very brave of the host to keep broadcasting and of course I wish him well in dealing with his mental health. 

However, I still didn’t rate the content, the delivery or the self indulgence of the group.

17 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

You can rest assured it is true. Any Branch member on here can attest to this. His poor mother is beside herself` and she has posted a very concerning and damming message on the branch facebook page. It is down to this lady as to whether she spreads the message further afield, but personally I think everyone who supports the Club ought to see this post of hers,

Suffice to say, that Lewis is devastated and this situation has adversely affected a very vulnerable young adult to the point of his being referred to mental health services for increased medication such is his distress. 

Very hard to believe our chairman is involved in the world of advocacy and our Club is portrayed as a "care in the community" Club.

“It’s up to the mother if she posts her message further afield”

Posts her sons medical issues on a public forum. 

2 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Oh I just wish I could take back that comment.....I'm ashamed of myself for criticising the podcast....appalled at myself, how will I get through the day?

Right enough of that....if considering the podcast puerile, immature, self indulgent and uninformed crap, and at times letting them have that feedback....is construed as bullying....guilty as charged.

Self indulgent and immature? What examples are there of this? Certainly didn't come off that way to me... Genuinely interested in your viewpoint as I'm shocked you deteste it so much! 

I doubt they'd get many viewers if they went on every week just to berate the club. 

I hope it continues. It was one of the only communication tools that seemingly worked! 

That and I'd hate for you to lose a product that you clearly watch whenever the guys would put it out!

31 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

There’s literally hundreds of podcasts that I don’t particularly like, yet I don’t continually engage with them, their hosts and I certainly don’t offer to sponsor them.

Delighted for you. 
my issue is that it’s aired as an “official” Club podcast. 
 Let them do what they want with their spare time in putting out a fans podcast- no interest in that. 

2 minutes ago, Cutty Sark said:

Self indulgent and immature? What examples are there of this? Certainly didn't come off that way to me... Genuinely interested in your viewpoint as I'm shocked you deteste it so much! 

I doubt they'd get many viewers if they went on every week just to berate the club. 

I hope it continues. It was one of the only communication tools that seemingly worked! 

That and I'd hate for you to lose a product that you clearly watch whenever the guys would put it out!

Oh yes- I watched it avidly- I used to nod off to sleep counting the mixed metaphors, cliches and dead air time.

4 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

I think she posted it on a closed forum. 
So, it’s her decision if it goes on here or on the owners forum 

I was talking about you and your actions. 

I agree 100% it’s her decision, so that’s why I’m shocked you would share her sons health issues here on a public forum 

Edited by Ocelot1877

2 hours ago, Glorious Purpose said:

No issue with it.  

Edited by Adolfo Rios

This thread is just toxic now.

Maybe time for reflection with regard to the value add of some subjects.

The quality of the football and current position in the table is more than sufficient with regard to negativity without all the rest, particularly the personal matters.

Just now, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

This thread is just toxic now.

Maybe time for reflection with regard to the value add of some subjects.

The quality of the football and current position in the table is more than sufficient with regard to negativity without all the rest, particularly the personal matters.

The toxicity around the club is unreal just now. Don’t remember this level of bile when we had to go up to Montrose final day of the season to avoid the trapdoor playoff. Things were certainly not as potentially positive off the park either.