Clyde Season 23/24

That was dreadful, but we did what we had to. Plenty of effort, Scullion made us much better and Leslie grew more and more influential as it wore on. I'm not convinced matching their shape was entirely necessary but we dealt with most of what they offered pretty well - I liked Carswell at centre back, who was much more assured in his work than Sula.

That first half was genuinely one of the worst halves of football I’ve ever watched. 

We were definitely the better side second half onwards, the subs made a big difference as well. We’ve missed scullions energy and dig in there. 

Poor goal to lose as we should’ve seen that out, but I thought overall we limited them to very little throughout. The second was pish to lose as well. 

Leslie grew into it as it went on, probably as they tired and he got more space. 3 well taken goals as well. 

At the end of the day we are through, but we desperately need someone to come in. 

7 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Aye, think that was the only piece of information he got right last night. 

I did feel slightly sorry for the commentators and pundits because there was absolutely nothing for them to talk about for most of the game. 

McFadden was rabbiting on some rubbish about Millar being a PT making up for not having much managerial experience 😂

I thought we were fine last night, given that we were under massive pressure. The first half wasn't pretty but they basically killed themselves trying to get a goal. Apart from the usual Clyde pessimism, I didn't ever think we were in danger of losing in the second half/extra time.

The second half they offered nothing apart from one big punt, resulting from an error by Lyon and compounded by a consistently underwhelming goalkeeper. Scullion, Carswell and latterly Hynes gave us a much better grip of things in possession and we started playing to the front 3's strengths. All three goals involved a wee bit of linkup play. Young in particular was a totally different player in the final hour, compared to the first.

Whyte is a cracking player at our level but there's no reason for him to be playing in midfield if Hynes, Scullion, King, Grant and Cuddihy are available. He'd be my first centre half on the team sheet.

After a few decent games at left back, Lyon was dreadful last night. The longer range distribution from him, Grant and Dunachie was awful. I'd bring Cuddihy back there when fit. I'd also be looking for a better goalkeeper for January as a priority.

It was interesting to see the friend of the club taking an active role in the dugout. I think his involvement in the club can only be a good thing.

11 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

That was dreadful, but we did what we had to. Plenty of effort, Scullion made us much better and Leslie grew more and more influential as it wore on. I'm not convinced matching their shape was entirely necessary but we dealt with most of what they offered pretty well - I liked Carswell at centre back, who was much more assured in his work than Sula.

Carswell is decent at centre-back provided he has an aerial presence alongside him.  He reads the game well but is also prone to the occasional costly mistake, like trying to usher the ball out when Row Z beckons (Forfar last season).