Clyde Season 23/24

The highlights of the 5-0 win against Berwick from the promotion season popped up on my YouTube. The starting lineup that day was:

- Currie -

- Cuddihy - Rumsby - Lang - McNiff -

- Grant - Rankin -

- Syvertsen - McStay - Lamont -

- Goodwillie -

Bench: Hughes - Love - Nicoll - Lyon - Duffie - Boyle - Banks -

I remember moaning so much about this squad at the time but what an idiot I was then (not that I'm not one now, but you get me). Definitely weak points but big 'feel like pure shite, just want 18/19 Clyde back' vibes.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

The highlights of the 5-0 win against Berwick from the promotion season popped up on my YouTube. The starting lineup that day was:

- Currie -

- Cuddihy - Rumsby - Lang - McNiff -

- Grant - Rankin -

- Syvertsen - McStay - Lamont -

- Goodwillie -

Bench: Hughes - Love - Nicoll - Lyon - Duffie - Boyle - Banks -

I remember moaning so much about this squad at the time but what an idiot I was then (not that I'm not one now, but you get me). Definitely weak points but big 'feel like pure shite, just want 18/19 Clyde back' vibes.

Midfielder and centre half as fullbacks.

It's the Clyde way

27 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Midfielder and centre half as fullbacks.

It's the Clyde way

McInally's your man then.  That's what used to happen at Peterhead - 2 defenders, 1 forward and 15 midfielders.

Then he would play the defenders in midfield. 😆

Edited by strichener

Not to keep pratting on about this (and I'm not saying he's a fantastic manager or things will work long-term) but there's Craig Levein went in at St Johnstone - who previously had been having one of the worst seasons in modern SPFL Premiership history - and got 4 points from his first two games in charge. Previous to him coming in they had only scored three league goals, and they scored four in those two games.

What's he done (other than being able to select Nicky Clarke)? He's went 4-4-2. He's sorted the basics out. He's playing players in their natural positions (mostly).

Levein has only been in post for the game last night. In which they blew a two goal cushion.

The sentiment of what you are saying is correct. The important steps for Clyde is to appoint a manager who knows what they are doing at this level and get the best out of what they have, playing folk in their best positions.

No more square pegs in round holes.

No more experimental appointments.

Getting this decision wrong could see us relegated 

Edited by Ocelot1877

8 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Not to keep pratting on about this (and I'm not saying he's a fantastic manager or things will work long-term) but there's Craig Levein went in at St Johnstone - who previously had been having one of the worst seasons in modern SPFL Premiership history - and got 4 points from his first two games in charge. Previous to him coming in they had only scored three league goals, and they scored four in those two games.

What's he done (other than being able to select Nicky Clarke)? He's went 4-4-2. He's sorted the basics out. He's playing players in their natural positions (mostly).

Is this the new manager bounce?  I think it kinda works with every team bar Clyde.  

Whatever thoughts on his performance people have, the chairman of any football club will always be involved in the recruitment process of a manager.  As SSB states, it's been stated on the owners forum that others are involved in the decision making that will hopefully alay the fears many have regarding the chairs position within the process.    

45 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Yes but he shouldn't be involved due to past errors in recruitment hence why I said involved

And if he were to shy away from being involved in the decision making process people would use that as something to beat him with as well.

The guy has surrounded him self with 3 others to help in the process what more can he do? It’s literally his role to do this and he’s in it rightly or wrongly