Clyde Season 23/24

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Thing is the Community transfer gig has been been around a while now.

What's took Clyde so long to figure it out.

28 years lost at the back of beyond in Cumbernauld.

I think a former Chairman knocked back the opportunity several  years ago unfortunately. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

51 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Thing is the Community transfer gig has been been around a while now.

What's took Clyde so long to figure it out.

28 years lost at the back of beyond in Cumbernauld.

Judging by this and your previous post about “ going cap in hand to Rutherglen Glencairn”  shows you don’t really understand the issues at Clyde, or the history of the relationship in Cumbernauld. Typically people in this position wouldn’t really comment on such matters but here you are. 

Everything you need to know about the Crownpoint bid is in the public domain and on our website. As to why we didn’t try this before despite this “ gig been about a while”, the bid is being handled by the Clyde FC foundation charity which didn’t exist until 2009. The foundation has grown and is now in a position to handle this. 

9 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Judging by this and your previous post about “ going cap in hand to Rutherglen Glencairn”  shows you don’t really understand the issues at Clyde, or the history of the relationship in Cumbernauld. Typically people in this position wouldn’t really comment on such matters but here you are. 

Everything you need to know about the Crownpoint bid is in the public domain and on our website. As to why we didn’t try this before despite this “ gig been about a while”, the bid is being handled by the Clyde FC foundation charity which didn’t exist until 2009. The foundation has grown and is now in a position to handle this. 

"Shouldn't comment" lol

Should i not bother paying in to watch Clyde?

How to win friends and influence people. Hopefully you aren't involved with dealing with the council or paying punters. It's P&B not the Sheriff Court.

1 minute ago, PossilYM said:

"Shouldn't comment" lol

Should i not bother paying in to watch Clyde?

How to win friends and influence people. Hopefully you aren't involved with dealing with the council or paying punters. It's P&B not the Sheriff Court.

Point me to where I said you shouldn’t comment? 

You can pay in to watch Clyde if you like I don’t care.

I can confirm I’m not involved with dealing with the council or paying punters.

Dont get the sheriff court comment

2 hours ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Point me to where I said you shouldn’t comment? 

You can pay in to watch Clyde if you like I don’t care.

I can confirm I’m not involved with dealing with the council or paying punters.

Dont get the sheriff court comment

You tried to go keyboard warrior and folded like a cheap Christmas decoration.

15 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

You tried to go keyboard warrior and folded like a cheap Christmas decoration.

I called you out for talking absolute shite about something you have no knowledge about if you think that’s keyboard warrioring you do you 😂😂

Just for clarity rrsponding to this with bizzare remarks about the sheriff court and paying money into Clyde is you folding not me. Putting minimal effort into responding to the utter word salad you typed up in response isn’t folding either  😂

Edited by Ocelot1877

McCall should be getting right in about the Edinburgh City fire sale to sort out the full back areas - Crane and Mercer would be very good signings. Truthfully, there are about half a dozen of their players I'd be happy for us to bring in, along with a former player of theirs who seemingly has a fondness for the devil's dandruff. Kieran MacDonald is also worth a shout if he's bored of life at Gartcairn.

On 06/12/2023 at 14:26, haufdaft said:

Having listened last night and read the members forum it looks to me Crownpoint will be a stadium similar to Galabank or Ainslie park.

A stand off 500 and a couple of thousand on terraces around the park albeit some covered terracing.

That's sort of what I thought you'd be going for, albeit with a slightly larger main stand 

Screenshot2023-12-08at12_55_09.thumb.png.656566a56effce465218f40e692ce669.png

I knocked this up while bored on my lunch break, reckon you could have a decent stadium there

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

That's sort of what I thought you'd be going for, albeit with a slightly larger main stand 

Screenshot2023-12-08at12_55_09.thumb.png.656566a56effce465218f40e692ce669.png

I knocked this up while bored on my lunch break, reckon you could have a decent stadium there

That would be more than adequate for the current situation and tbh 99% of Clyde games.

A far better stadium than what QP have done to lesser Hampden.

13 minutes ago, Johnny Worm said:

David Mitchell?

If it was anything like a done deal I would name names, but it looks as though the parent club would need to sort out a back-up first before letting Mr. X go. Ordinarily I wouldn't mention it at all, but it's an encouraging indication of the level of player we seem to be targeting.

2 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Heard a rumour (and it was presented to me by a fan of the player's current club as a rumour) that we could be signing a very good keeper on loan in January.

A very good sign. Hopefully this means one of our current two goal tenders can be shown the door.