Clyde Season 23/24

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Click on the drop down menu at your name (top right), then click Account, then Ignored Users. Type in the name in the search bar and that's you. I'm not even a Clyde fan and I've got the gimp on ignore. 

If come May his prophecy is delivered, I am leaving for Germany a month early to avoid the oft repeated 'I TOLD YOU SO' messages.

39 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

If come May his prophecy is delivered, I am leaving for Germany a month early to avoid the oft repeated 'I TOLD YOU SO' messages.

I TOLD YOU SO IN JANUARY WHY WAIT UNTIL MAY. I WILL CONTINUE TO TELL THE TRUTH OF WHATS GOING ON WHILE ALL THE  IDIOTS LIVE IN DENIAL.

20 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I would agree with this. I remember Killie fans commenting on our thread when we initially signed him saying about how he was "rapid" and "you've got a player on your hands". I'm yet to see evidence of either tbh. He's decent but not great.

I agree

To me he is what an 18 year old loan player at our level is expected to be? Unfortunately in the post Duffy debacle that we are desperately trying to reverse, he was starting as a main player in the side, which is quite ludicrous. These guys should be used pretty much from the bench or starting during the Didddy cup etc. So I wasn’t bothered too much if he stayed or not. That said quite often we do see loans like this improve quite dramatically at tail end of the season as he goes have ability. Even Scott Banks who was obviously a better player only really became a proper player in last 2 months or so of his time with us. 

For what it’s worth that’s why I’m not too disappointed that Peterhead pipped us for the Dundee Utd boy. Of course it’s vital we get a LB in but who knows if he is ready to come into our struggling (yes improving side) but I would like if possible,, to have a decent experienced defender in. Don’t get me wrong I am as frustrated as anyone with the promised numbers of new players coming in but fingers crossed next week is a bit better on that front.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Click on the drop down menu at your name (top right), then click Account, then Ignored Users. Type in the name in the search bar and that's you. I'm not even a Clyde fan and I've got the gimp on ignore. 

Thanks Moonster,

Now, I believe in anyone's right to free speech, but the doom and gloom coming from Jimmy Choo is defeatist and depressing. He is now on ignore!!  

Edited by Uncle Albert

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Everyone needs to stop replying to him or quoting him. Just completely ignore him and let him ramble on with his monotonous shite, into the void.

He is hardly Nostradamus predicting the team marooned at the bottom with 2 wins all season might get relegated.

23 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Everyone needs to stop replying to him or quoting him. Just completely ignore him and let him ramble on with his monotonous shite, into the void.

He is hardly Nostradamus predicting the team marooned at the bottom with 2 wins all season might get relegated.

I would agree with this put him on ignore and stop replying to him.

That jimmy choo keeps telling the truth and we can’t have that.

There's a couple of things that have been suggested that I disagree with.

1) waiting until after the Aberdeen game to save a week's wages

Delaying things could mean someone else swoops for the player and a week's wages is small fry. Addtionally, more time training with the squad would be beneficial.

2) Not willing to sign only reasonable L2 players on 18 month deals when they wish to push for the title next year.

The object is survival. Even reasonable L2 players would be enough to keep them up. At worst, they'd be good squad players next year. With the quad as it stands, Clyde can't be far off 50/50 to finish bottom. Having a few players on slightly inflated wages is a small price to pay for not dropping to the Lowland League.

I don't think saving a few shitty weekly wages is the issue.  Either we just can't get signing targets over the line or (hopefully) some business has been done and news withheld for a bit longer for whatever reason.

Then again, it is Clyde, the club where bad news and disappointment is always just round the corner.

1 hour ago, clyde_r_us said:

He's not a Clyde fan

If that's true then the c*** needs an intervention. Imagine obsessing over Clyde as a non supporter....doesn't bear thinking about. 

Edited by RutherGlen

9 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:

He's not a Clyde fan

I am a Clyde fan and i don't understand why you lot are accepting this. The chairman has brought a manager with a decent track record to take the pressure and focus away from himself and its not working. Where do we go from here as the calibre of player we need wont be available in January and other than money why would they come to Clyde. It won't end well and board will all be like rats from a sinking ship. Mark my words.