Clyde Season 23/24

8 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

The clubs in the SPFL are that stupid that they make it harder for clubs to come back up when they get relegated.

The LL still has crap in it for the exact same reason! Self preservation.

Open up promotion and relegation and make it a proper pyramid.

Clubs in the SPFL will further open up the pyramid when that utter sham of league stop playing against reserve teams as part of their official league fixtures. They are lucky they even get to partake in a playoff the pathetic minks and if it was up to me (and many others) the LL would be blacklisted until such times as they completely remove B teams from their league.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Clubs in the SPFL will further open up the pyramid when that utter sham of league stop playing against reserve teams as part of their official league fixtures. They are lucky they even get to partake in a playoff the pathetic minks and if it was up to me (and many others) the LL would be blacklisted until such times as they completely remove B teams from their league.

If the pyramid was opened up with proper promotion and relegations none of these clubs would be in the LL.

3 hours ago, SLClyde said:

I’m sure that’s consolation for the Gretna fans watching them getting a skudding every week being able to look round and say at least this is ours. 

They play in their own ground and represent their local area, for better or for worse. What the f**k do 'Clyde' represent exactly? 

The idea that your festering outfit can somehow look down your nose at pishy wee Gretna is risible. Hopefully you'll be crossing paths soon enough.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

They play in their own ground and represent their local area, for better or for worse. What the f**k do 'Clyde' represent exactly? 

The idea that your festering outfit can somehow look down your nose at pishy wee Gretna is risible. Hopefully you'll be crossing paths soon enough.

I mentioned gretna purely on a results basis, because they are absolutely shite. For whatever reason you’re the one been going full hammer and tongs into what clubs represent and who owns what on a debate which started on if folk would even want to watch these teams. Bit odd. 

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Taking the divorce well I see.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I realised I might've chosen my words more carefully, but couldn't believe a Clyde supporter criticising a club's ground.

Maybe when Clyde get their own ground they can put up Union flags in the street outside and invite the local branch of the KKK in.

Just like Shotts Bon Accord.

23 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

I mentioned gretna purely on a results basis, because they are absolutely shite.

Nice try, but that's obvious pish. There are going to be absolutely shite sides at every level of football - from the top flight to the amateur level. That's how a pyramid system works. And of course, you know that Clyde are in absolutely no place to criticise anyone else for being 'absolutely shite' - given that three different managers and one mystery benefactor currently have you on 14 points after 21 games in the fourth tier. Pot, meet kettle. 

Back in the realm of reality, the reason why you're hitting out at Gretna is that for some irrational reason you think they're beneath the dignity of your club. Well let me break it to you - your club has no dignity. You are itinerant jobbers endlessly bumping around North and South Lanarkshire, with no greater right to exist in the SPFL or indeed the Lowland League than Broomhill or Caledonian Braves. So there's no senior opponent in tier 5 beneath your dignity to watch as a fan - that's entitled pish.

Edited by vikingTON

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Nice try, but that's obvious pish. There are going to be absolutely shite sides at every level of football - from the top flight to the amateur level. That's how a pyramid system works. And of course, you know that Clyde are in absolutely no place to criticise anyone else for being 'absolutely shite' - given that three different managers and one mystery benefactor currently have you on 14 points after 21 games in the fourth tier. Pot, meet kettle. 

Back in the realm of reality, the reason why you're hitting out at Gretna is that for some irrational reason you think they're beneath the dignity of your club. Well let me break it to you - your club has no dignity. You are itinerant jobbers endlessly bumping around North and South Lanarkshire, with no greater right to exist in the SPFL or indeed the Lowland League than Broomhill or Caledonian Braves. So there's no senior opponent in tier 5 beneath your dignity to watch as a fan - that's entitled pish.

There will be some decent teams in it, but there is also some utter dross. Edinburgh Uni and Gretna have 13 points between them from combined 49 games, conceding 196 goals.

Going to have to ask you to show me where in the above paragraph I’ve mentioned anything other than results? 

We deserve to be where we are through a series of poor managerial choices and recruitment(amongst other factors), I’m not denying that. But it’s a nonsense to suggest that a team 17th in the lowland league on 8 points, conceding 96 goals in 25 games is the on the same sort of level of how poor a team they are as a team in the division above. 

Don't waste your time on him SL Clyde. His devotion to commenting on Clyde as a fan of another club is commendable but probably he just needs someone in his private life to notice him.  Not much chance of that given his number of P&B posts.

43 minutes ago, virginton said:

‘no greater right to exist in the SPFL or indeed the Lowland League than Broomhill or Caledonian Braves’

surely the history of the club proves there is a greater right to exist. Sad that a supposed fan of Morton, a club with no direct rivalry with Clyde seems to want to be so irate towards the club, seems like you like to get your bit in about other clubs. Suppose that’s what happens when you support a mediocre club that never really achieves anything while hovering about lower end championship/ league one for the last few years and one that lives in the shadow of their far superior and greater achieving ‘rivals’ for many years past and present.

yea our club isn’t great and in an absolute mess but it’s wee man/ 🍆 syndrome going on to another clubs forum to try make yourself feel better. 

I suppose I should actually feel sorry for you and hope you don’t actually come from Greenock. Enjoy your ‘success’.🔔🔚

3 hours ago, virginton said:

What an embarrassment you are. The difference between you and almost every Clyde fan who ever lived is we would never even think to look at the Morton forum/club thread, never mind post this kinda pish on it. 

I hope you are as thoroughly ashamed of yourself as I am of you as a human being. My only consolation is that you are not a Clyde fan. Morton are welcome to you.

5 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

What an embarrassment you are. The difference between you and almost every Clyde fan who ever lived is we would never even think to look at the Morton forum/club thread, never mind post this kinda pish on it. 

I hope you are as thoroughly ashamed of yourself as I am of you as a human being. My only consolation is that you are not a Clyde fan. Morton are welcome to you.

Did that Pride of the Clyde guy not pretend to be a Morton fan when he first joined these boards?

12 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

If Clyde retain their status you will be left with an omelette on your face.  Are you sure you are really a supporter Jimmy ?

7 points adrift at the bottom of league 2. waiting to face the big spending east Kilbride in the play off. gordon thomson in charge. I think its fair to say  clyde will be playing against stirling uni and gretna next season.

25 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

virginton trying to compare shite sides in the SPL to the shite ones in the LL and below is prime clutching at straws mid slabbering ramble.

Jimmy Choo levels of embarrassment.

now now Gordon Thomson put us here not me. All i did was tell you for the past 2 years where we were headed and no one listened.

21 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

The walls are closing in and the board have been caught sleeping at the wheel. The likelihood is we will play against  east Kilbride in a playoff and does anybody fancy our chances against them. If by some miracle of chance we get ourselves out of this mess then what happens next as it will be the same people in charge and history will repeat itself.

"The walls are closing in and the board have been caught sleeping at the wheel...." creating mixed metaphors like that, you will truly walk tall from Pie & Bovril's top drawer of fame. Congratulations

13 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

If we go down it'll be a sore one but I wouldn't stop supporting or going to games. I only make about 4 or 5 games a season anyway and I don't think that would change. I'd actually be more inclined to go to more away games as we would be playing at a lot of stadiums I've never been to before.

It would be a shiter of a situation to come to terms with but best to make the most of it.

I still don't think we will get relegated, though...

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

virginton trying to compare shite sides in the SPL to the shite ones in the LL and below is prime clutching at straws mid slabbering ramble.

Jimmy Choo levels of embarrassment.

@virgintonhas probably only been at a few less Clyde games than you.