Clyde Season 23/24

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Perhaps their decent money is based on the income that they can still earn by virtue of their local support and owning their own facilities. 

Clyde's latest Walter Mitty, 'mystery benefactor' effort, all while squatting at yet another ground somewhere in Lanarkshire, has no place in tier 4* of Scottish football. That genuine, community-based clubs like Elgin and Stranraer are sending it packing is a thoroughly pleasing development.

*Or indeed tier 5, 6 or 7 - all the equally stupid 'Broomhill' efforts should be gunged in the leagues below too. 

You have a very strange hard on for the fact we don't own our own stadium. And a very strange, well, obsession is the only word for it with all things Clyde recently. A team your own club haven't crossed paths with in a league game for many a year, have had no real rivalry with in my lifetime and probably ever (geographically or competitively) and no real relevance to each other.

Are you still hurting from those two goals in injury time at Cappielow back in 2008?

Did you bounce around the council estates of Renfrewshire during your childhood and now have an uncontrollable anger towards those who rent property from local councils?

Did one of our coaches in your childhood tell you that you weren't good enough at football to make it at Shawfield?

Do you only come on here after a few cans of Stella?

Whatever the reason is, I hope you find peace and get over the deep rooted issues you clearly suffer from that manifest themself in the form of random, manic and excruciating outbursts on this forum. 

All the best. *mutes virginton*

35 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

I can't express the anger I have toward this board. Looking at this list of what I can think and I bet there is more are awful 1 by 1 never mind all of them together.

Chased Norrie Innes out the club

Fucked up and ended up owing money for the aria lounge. 

4 points deducted for admin error

The whole Graham Diamond and PJ Corr saga

Kept Danny Lennon on about a year longer than he should have been, on a contract we couldn't properly afford.

The Goodwillie Saga that ended up with us being kicked out of Broadwood. 

Hearadling it as a success and a big GIUY to NL when it just wasn't. 

Taking us back 30 years to Hamilton as Nomads lying about the wonderfully Low rent (same as Broadwood) and commercial opportunities.

Compiling and over seeing the worst Clyde team I've seen under Duffy 

Promoting Duffy to DOF after failing to keep us up and having a raffle in the changing room for who wants to me manager. 

McClean and Duffy...enough said 

Following up the worst Clyde team I've seen with an even worse team this year. 

Allowing that fat Oaf Ebbo to be around the club and chase young Lewis out the club.

Staring into a league of B teams, B team shagging Clubs and Uni's. 

Back to back relegations out the SPFL is beyond a joke but the manner is enough to make and rational person snap and want the boards Head on a stake. A complete basket case and embarrassment of a club. 

I fucking hate my own club now, from League 1 to Non League in 2 years.

It’s being humiliated all over Twitter with that second goal yesterday too. And totally 100% correct with the rest of your points. 

17 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

You have a very strange hard on for the fact we don't own our own stadium. And a very strange, well, obsession is the only word for it with all things Clyde recently. A team your own club haven't crossed paths with in a league game for many a year, have had no real rivalry with in my lifetime and probably ever (geographically or competitively) and no real relevance to each other.

Are you still hurting from those two goals in injury time at Cappielow back in 2008?

Did you bounce around the council estates of Renfrewshire during your childhood and now have an uncontrollable anger towards those who rent property from local councils?

Did one of our coaches in your childhood tell you that you weren't good enough at football to make it at Shawfield?

Do you only come on here after a few cans of Stella?

Whatever the reason is, I hope you find peace and get over the deep rooted issues you clearly suffer from that manifest themself in the form of random, manic and excruciating outbursts on this forum. 

All the best. *mutes virginton*

👏👏👏

7 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

You have a very strange hard on for the fact we don't own our own stadium. And a very strange, well, obsession is the only word for it with all things Clyde recently. A team your own club haven't crossed paths with in a league game for many a year, 

So what? The last time that the clubs did cross paths, 'Bomber' Brown's Clyde decided to fully spread your arse cheeks by playing a 'Rangers Legends XI' friendly - including bringing on ex-Rangers duds as 'Clyde' players to appeal to the biggest scum of the earth elements in society. All in an utterly desperate bid to avoid being emptied from your 'established level' of second tier football. Just as well that you ended up getting relegated anyway, by virtue of Brian Wake swording your craven rabble and Morton taking 10 points from 12 from you. 

Every single minute of your club's agony since then has been fully merited by that act of prostitution to bigotry. As will your next 15 years plummeting down the West of Scotland leagues too. 

IMG-20200518-WA0002.jpg.54c194ee7c4a8c0309b191708f03bee2.jpg

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

So what? The last time that the clubs did cross paths, 'Bomber' Brown's Clyde decided to fully spread your arse cheeks by playing a 'Rangers Legends XI' friendly - including bringing on ex-Rangers duds as 'Clyde' players to appeal to the biggest scum of the earth elements in society. All in an utterly desperate bid to avoid being emptied from your 'established level' of second tier football. Just as well that you ended up getting relegated anyway, by virtue of Brian Wake swording your craven rabble and Morton taking 10 points from 12 from you. 

Every single minute of your club's agony since then has been fully merited by that act of prostitution to bigotry. As will your next 15 years plummeting down the West of Scotland leagues too. 

My goodness. How can someone with no connection to the club harbour such bitterness over an event many years ago that had nothing to do with his own club ? Not the first time you’ve mentioned it either. For what it’s worth, many of us weren’t comfortable with it at the time either and didn’t go along. However, given it was in the dim and distant past and those involved are no longer at the club (thankfully), we move on. Not entirely healthy to dwell on the past with such bitterness. Perhaps you’d be better served concentrating on your own club’s deserved success at the weekend, a success I watched and enjoyed btw. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

What an absolute semen stain you are to accuse us of bigotry. Whenever we employ ex-Celts (Sean Fallon, John Clark, Billy McNeil, Latchford, McCluskey, McGarvey to name but a few) we're accused of bias. Similarly, we employ some ex-Gers (John Brown, Graham Roberts, Albertz, Miller and McSwegan again, to name just some) and the same accusation gets levelled by tha same halfwits in different colours. So what if we put on a bit of an exhibition match to boost the coffers? Don't remember upsetting you moral crusaders when we invited Man Utd to play us at Broadwood some years back to provide some much-needed funds. The history of the game in this country is full of pre-season 'glamour' friendlies. Next you'll be telling us we were unpatriotic to allow an English man, Sir Stanley Matthews, to pull on a Clyde Jersey against Everton many moons ago in a charity match. We've stood accused of many things over the years but bigotry? Get a grip.

8 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

I can't express the anger I have toward this board. Looking at this list of what I can think and I bet there is more are awful 1 by 1 never mind all of them together.

Chased Norrie Innes out the club

Fucked up and ended up owing money for the aria lounge. 

4 points deducted for admin error

The whole Graham Diamond and PJ Corr saga

Kept Danny Lennon on about a year longer than he should have been, on a contract we couldn't properly afford.

The Goodwillie Saga that ended up with us being kicked out of Broadwood. 

Hearadling it as a success and a big GIUY to NL when it just wasn't. 

Taking us back 30 years to Hamilton as Nomads lying about the wonderfully Low rent (same as Broadwood) and commercial opportunities.

Compiling and over seeing the worst Clyde team I've seen under Duffy 

Promoting Duffy to DOF after failing to keep us up and having a raffle in the changing room for who wants to me manager. 

McClean and Duffy...enough said 

Following up the worst Clyde team I've seen with an even worse team this year. 

Allowing that fat Oaf Ebbo to be around the club and chase young Lewis out the club.

Staring into a league of B teams, B team shagging Clubs and Uni's. 

Back to back relegations out the SPFL is beyond a joke but the manner is enough to make and rational person snap and want the boards Head on a stake. A complete basket case and embarrassment of a club. 

I fucking hate my own club now, from League 1 to Non League in 2 years.

Aye, but apart from that...

18 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I’m looking forward to our local derby with Larkhall Thistle in season 2027/28.

Think when you play Rutherglen Glencairn in a league fixture is the landmark event on this given how close the two grounds used to be. Don't think it's definite you are finishing last yet though. Worth bearing in mind Albion Rovers' version of The Great Escape when they started the season with John Brogan as manager and soon started to regret that appointment.

Actually laughing at him getting hung up on a few ex old firm players playing for us about 15 years ago 😂 must’ve got bullied at school by the old firm fans for supporting Morton, shouting in the playground “AT LEAST WE’RE A COMMUNITY SERVING CLUB LIKE STRANRAER AND ELGIN” 

33 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think when you play Rutherglen Glencairn in a league fixture is the landmark event on this given how close the two grounds used to be. Don't think it's definite you are finishing last yet though. Worth bearing in mind Albion Rovers' version of The Great Escape when they started the season with John Brogan as manager and soon started to regret that appointment.

I wish I had your optimism!

9 hours ago, virginton said:

So a friendly that didn’t involve Morton with a cameo from two retired ex-Rangers players has built up a level of seethe that’s lasted nigh on 20 years?! You’ve outed your big team here, son. 🍀

You clearly are a Celtic man but mask yourself on here as a Morton supporter as they’re your local “wee team”. Or are Ayr United your wee team now cause Scotty Broon and wee Aiden have signed on there?

I hope you find something tangible in your life soon that gives you some focus and happiness other than us playing Arthur Numan and Brian Laudrup for a combined 37 minutes 15+ years ago in a friendly. Saying that, you’re from Greenock so that’s unlikely!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

10 hours ago, virginton said:

Hahaha my word, what a wee weirdo. Imagine being *this* rattled by a club that you don't even support. Some folk man, couldn't write it.

5 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Hahaha my word, what a wee weirdo. Imagine being *this* rattled by a club that you don't even support. Some folk man, couldn't write it.

The guy is obviously a bigoted crackpot. Hope you guys survive and stay in the league, best of luck.

11 hours ago, virginton said:

Thought you would have grown up by now, still on those Greenock wine gums? Are you in 3rd year at school now? Clyde a old Scottish club great to see them survive , have you got the woodworm fixed on your stand yet.