Clyde Season 23/24

13 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Thank god someone has woke up. The club has been mismanaged for years and this is the result. We will go bust in 2 years and we will get relegated to the lowland league.

f**k up ya p***k 

13 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

In the highly unlikely event of Clyde, East Fife and Dumbarton all being relegated in the next 3 years - not necessarily in that order - then the national league will have lost teams who have won 2 league titles, 5 Scottish Cups and 3 League Cups between them. Quite the haul.

I'm convinced that QP (ten Scottish Cups) would have headed to the LL, having been kicked out of Hampden and still amateurs , which is why I voted to take Willie Haughey's offer of financial support. Looking to the potential afterlife, I couldn't see us being better in the LL than some of the well run and well supported teams circling like vultures. 

A proud past means hee haw.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

6 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

Nor should it!

Other than it's nice to have.

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Other than it's nice to have.

It is, but if the club is relegated to the Joey's leagues within a couple of generations it doesn't matter.

Pre-2008ish I'd say we had a proud history, but the past few years have tarnished that beyond belief both on the pitch and off. 

17 hours ago, PossilYM said:

A Clyde drop would spread terror through a whole host of clubs.

Would it? 

I can’t see many Chairmen in L2 or L1 losing sleep over it. It’s a mess of our own doing and one that was completely avoidable. We can probably count ourselves extremely fortunate that we still have a chance of pulling off the great escape, even though Saturday really is last chance saloon. 

5 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Would it? 

I can’t see many Chairmen in L2 or L1 losing sleep over it. It’s a mess of our own doing and one that was completely avoidable. We can probably count ourselves extremely fortunate that we still have a chance of pulling off the great escape, even though Saturday really is last chance saloon. 

Suppose EK FC as Clyde Lite wouldn't be the end of the world.

5 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Well it does in your case as the present day Queens is a different club from the one that preceded Lord Haugh Haugh's money.  I've often wondered what attracted him.

For many of the rest of us our past is about all we've got.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Well it does in your case as the present day Queens is a different club from the one that preceded Lord Haugh Haugh's money.  I've often wondered what attracted him.

For many of the rest of us our past is about all we've got.

That was sort of my point. (It's about all that most of us have got...)

With no disrespect to those that have already exited the SPFL - East Strilingshire, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers - they were looked upon - rightly or wrongly -  as very diddy clubs who were perennially struggling - again rightly or wrongly (wrongly in at least 2 cases) - and meant nothing to the League historically and wouldn't be missed. (I'm not saying I advocate that stance.)

Clyde, Dumbarton and East Fife have a bit more history about them and all feature on the winners board of top Scottish honours.

21 hours ago, PossilYM said:

A Clyde drop would spread terror through a whole host of clubs.

That terror probably already exists for all of the part time teams in Scotland , as you are showing even in league 1 you are only 2 seasons away from the trap door.

Perhaps its time that those in the league made it easier to come back with a 2 up 2 down or 1 up one down and a play off arrangement for the second promotion/relegation spot.

20 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

In the highly unlikely event of Clyde, East Fife and Dumbarton all being relegated in the next 3 years - not necessarily in that order - then the national league will have lost teams who have won 2 league titles, 5 Scottish Cups and 3 League Cups between them. Quite the haul.

All of which was as Kenny MacIntyre would say "a long long long time ago" and is of little relevance now to fans of other clubs, while obviously being very important to the history of each of the clubs concerned, the number of people who go to games now and actually witnessed these events in all 3 clubs must be very small.

Edited by realmadrid

I hope I don't jinx thinks but going to the Bonnyrig game on Saturday- my fifth game (or fourth live). Still not seen Clyde lose this season! The Spartans draw , which should have been a win, away, Jeanfield and Bonnyrigg with the latter performance pretty decent at home and and then a pretty average performance v  Musselburgh on TV. Pretty confidernt for another fine performance on Saturday I would say!

46 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

All of which was as Kenny MacIntyre would say "a long long long time ago" and is of little relevance now to fans of other clubs, while obviously being very important to the history of each of the clubs concerned, the number of people who go to games now and actually witnessed these events in all 3 clubs must be very small.

Must be well into your 70s to remember Clyde winning the Scottish Cup.

And the Boomer generation are leaving us fast.

See Junior Fitba for details

On 07/03/2024 at 07:45, JIMMY CHOO said:

Next stop the lowland league minus Gordon Thomson thank fek. To be fair the club have came out fighting but as sad as it is its to late.

Has no-one picked up that despite resigning as chair at season end....he is magnanimously staying on the Board to "advise and help the incoming Chair".......how lucky are we?

Edited by Right turn Clyde
spell

On 11/03/2024 at 09:48, Clyde_MM said:

It's a not bad shout for this summer actually, given the SFA parachuted the last team to go tits-up then reform straight into League 2

I would think due to the now operating pyramid system,  we would be starting from West Of Scotland league 3.

17 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

I would think due to the now operating pyramid system,  we would be starting from West Of Scotland league 3.

A new team would need to apply along with everyone else, if the replacement team in the lowland came from the East of South there would be no space in the West and the new team would be locked out.

Now if only that system was in place just over a decade ago.

On 12/03/2024 at 19:33, Right turn Clyde said:

You're definitely right but I'm sat down like the end of Brazil thinking that the precedent specifically relates to League 2 and no amount of sense will change my mind

On 12/03/2024 at 15:39, Jacksgranda said:

That was sort of my point. (It's about all that most of us have got...)

With no disrespect to those that have already exited the SPFL - East Strilingshire, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers - they were looked upon - rightly or wrongly -  as very diddy clubs who were perennially struggling - again rightly or wrongly (wrongly in at least 2 cases) - and meant nothing to the League historically and wouldn't be missed. (I'm not saying I advocate that stance.)

Clyde, Dumbarton and East Fife have a bit more history about them and all feature on the winners board of top Scottish honours.

It all counts for nothing when you have Gordon Thomson as chairman overseeing our demise and relegation.