Clyde Season 23/24

58 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Since Barry Cuddihy signed for Clyde ahead of the 17/18 season, we've played exactly 200 league games. 18,000 minutes, give or take time added on etc.

According to Transfermarkt, he's played in 143 of those games at a total of 11,467 minutes.

If every game was a flat 90 minutes, he's played just under 64% of the league minutes available. Not a great stat, but pretty unfair perhaps given there were games he found himself on the bench whilst fit. Speaking strictly in the number of games played he's been available for around 72%, which again isn't great but isn't as little as I thought.

I wonder what his availability stats would be from summer 2021.

47 minutes ago, CatAlan said:

How has Stuart Carswell been doing for you guys? Not seen him mentioned much.

Injured all of pre season, I don't think he's ever recovered really. You can see that technically he's quite decent but he's just seemed completely off the pace.

4 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Since Barry Cuddihy signed for Clyde ahead of the 17/18 season, we've played exactly 200 league games. 18,000 minutes, give or take time added on etc.

According to Transfermarkt, he's played in 143 of those games at a total of 11,467 minutes.

If every game was a flat 90 minutes, he's played just under 64% of the league minutes available. Not a great stat, but pretty unfair perhaps given there were games he found himself on the bench whilst fit. Speaking strictly in the number of games played he's been available for around 72%, which again isn't great but isn't as little as I thought.

Those stats are a mile off. He's made 216 appearances plus 4 on bench/2 suspended from a possible 258, so has only missed a maximum of 14% of games through injury (I'm sure a handful were illness/COVID related too).

Only five players played in more games than Cuddihy last season.

Only four players started more games than him. That said, I think he was rushed back too early at times given his hamstrings seemed to be the main issue.

21-22 he missed a lot of games but that was primarily to a bad ankle injury against Clydebank that he reinjured when he returned prematurely. A contact injury, not a muscle one.

Even then, being involved in 27 of 42 games is hardly the sign of someone who is "injury prone".

15 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

You could probably fit the home and away fans into the pie kiosk for all those likely to turn up on Saturday

Though to answer question everyone is in the main stand with away fans in the left 

Just lurking around threads as I do, guessing attendances have dropped dramatically since leaving Broadwood then?? I know results and performances have been poor but I still assumed that you carried a "big part time lower league support". 

20 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Just lurking around threads as I do, guessing attendances have dropped dramatically since leaving Broadwood then?? I know results and performances have been poor but I still assumed that you carried a "big part time lower league support". 

I don’t think they were too much different when we first moved, but they’ve definitely dropped over the course of last season and the start of this one.

10 hours ago, rb1877 said:

Those stats are a mile off. He's made 216 appearances plus 4 on bench/2 suspended from a possible 258, so has only missed a maximum of 14% of games through injury (I'm sure a handful were illness/COVID related too).

If you took the time to read the post, I was specifically talking about league games and it was taken from Transfermarkt who have the odd flub - but thanks for your input all the same!

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Yeah, there's certainly been a noticeable drop off in the last calendar year. We still have a bulky away support most of the time, but the general malaise around pretty much every aspect of the club is really taking its toll now.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Initially seemed to stay around the same as broadwood, would really put it down to form over the past year as to why the drop now. 

11 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

It’s mad that with all the shite we’ve signed people are complaining about Cuddihy. He’s a more than decent league 2 player and has been a great servant to the club. The team will miss him and be worse without him for sure.

Whilst I agree with that, in general, we should have found a replacement by now so that we wouldn’t “miss him” when the inevitable injuries occur.  If we have financial backing to afford to keep him and have a strong squad then that’s fine.

1 hour ago, WBR said:

Whilst I agree with that, in general, we should have found a replacement by now so that we wouldn’t “miss him” when the inevitable injuries occur.  If we have financial backing to afford to keep him and have a strong squad then that’s fine.

This is what I think Carsewell is supposed to be, pretty sure he’ll be asked to from tomorrow - up to him now to show what he’s got, and most importantly be the much needed and lacking leader 

13 hours ago, David W said:

Only five players played in more games than Cuddihy last season.

Only four players started more games than him. That said, I think he was rushed back too early at times given his hamstrings seemed to be the main issue.

21-22 he missed a lot of games but that was primarily to a bad ankle injury against Clydebank that he reinjured when he returned prematurely. A contact injury, not a muscle one.

Even then, being involved in 27 of 42 games is hardly the sign of someone who is "injury prone".

explains why we got relegated

2 hours ago, WBR said:

He only came back to clyde because Hamilton accies didn't want him and he couldn't find another club and he was miles of the pace when he came back. There is the facts stop trying to dress it up he is as much to blame as anyone for what is going wrong at the club

36 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

He only came back to clyde because Hamilton accies didn't want him and he couldn't find another club and he was miles of the pace when he came back. There is the facts stop trying to dress it up he is as much to blame as anyone for what is going wrong at the club

He had a trial with hamilton (a full time championship club at that point) and got injured. With hamilton not taking him on we were happy to have him back. He was ‘miles off the pace’ initially as he missed preseason with the injury.

Those are the actual facts.

19 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

He had a trial with hamilton (a full time championship club at that point) and got injured. With hamilton not taking him on we were happy to have him back. He was ‘miles off the pace’ initially as he missed preseason with the injury.

Those are the actual facts.

Another example of bad decision making by the club wouldn’t you say or are you defending Barry as he was a big part of the club getting relegated and also helping us to bottom of league 2 or am I missing something.

3 minutes ago, SReplay said:

Well, this certainly isn’t going to reduce tension amongst the support…

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2023/09/club-statement-unacceptable-conduct/

Surprised it’s taken so long. There’s obviously a lot of tension just now , but when is it ever acceptable to be as personal as it’s become? 

Last week for example , fans were actually getting called fu£&ing deluded for supporting a board, with no knowledge of they were or were not.

I have previously stated the spokesperson for the egm group, presented it peacefully and properly , but last week he was screaming the board were fu£&ing liars, fu£&ing wan&£rs and fu£&ing dicks.