Clyde Season 23/24

18 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I genuinely don’t recognise any of them, which is worrying. 

Let’s be honest it’s highly unlikely that anyone pitching for a trial with us at this stage of the season will be known faces. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

26 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Let’s be honest it’s highly unlikely that anyone pitching for a trial with us at this stage of the season will be known faces. 

Knowing Duffy, and having an idea of what pool we’re fishing in, it’s going to be exit trial laddies and players released from Lowland League teams. 

Nothing really on show today quality-wise. Couple of decent finishes but the opposition was extremely poor.

Would be interested in whether anyone else could ID the trialists, I couldn’t really even catch what they were being called.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

11 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

2 more for Cunningham the day , boy can finish like 

Yeah, he’s good. Most Clyde fans will tell you he’s a coward, but it’s telling what a toxic club can do for a players attitude.

Hope he does the business for you, seems like a good boy!

Edited by Brian Carrigan

I disagree that he becomes lazy, the issue we had was constantly playing him out of position. He had a run playing through the middle and what happened, oh he went on a run of scoring. Only ourselves to blame I think. 

3 hours ago, SLClyde said:

I disagree that he becomes lazy, the issue we had was constantly playing him out of position. He had a run playing through the middle and what happened, oh he went on a run of scoring. Only ourselves to blame I think. 

Ross Cunningham should have made his way to the top level of Scottish football but his problem is attitude as he had all the ability in the world and he will start of well with kelty and then he will miss most of the season through injury.Does this sound all to familiar.Wasted talent.

Posted missing on 90% of games played for us. Imposter during his time simple as that.

May well do ok elsewhere but Clyde fans will know he contributed very little along with the others during last 3 years. Either injured or hiding was his contribution 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Posted missing on 90% of games played for us. Imposter during his time simple as that.

May well do ok elsewhere but Clyde fans will know he contributed very little along with the others during last 3 years. Either injured or hiding was his contribution 

Spot on👍

On 30/06/2023 at 18:57, Brummie Clyde said:

Clyde bid for Crownpoint Sports complex has been submitted. 

Looks fairly close to Parkhead and about 10 minute drive from where my Granny used to live.

Along with Finnart Star's application.

Going by how long it takes to go through the process at Glasgow Celtic Council sorry Glasgow City Council, stand by for knowing the outcome by August 2024.

15 hours ago, Kelheart said:

2 more for Cunningham the day , boy can finish like 

That second goal was absolutely lovely. Some run and ball in from Daramola - really exciting player. 

Also brilliant that you seemed to be playing four up top with McCluskey-Cunningham-Johnstone-Daramola, bold! 

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

That second goal was absolutely lovely. Some run and ball in from Daramola - really exciting player. 

Also brilliant that you seemed to be playing four up top with McCluskey-Cunningham-Johnstone-Daramola, bold! 

They were all excellent first half , Daramola looks like he can do teams damage with his directness and doesn't look out of place stepping up , CJ just back from holiday and put a great shift in , McKluskey was really good but made way for an under 20s at halftime , Cunningham played really well , took his goals brilliantly and defended well second half when Raith stepped it up , best thing is they are playing football a rare treat after watching Potterball last season 

Hope your pre season is going well 

From anyone who was there yesterday, did a certain ex Dumbarton striker have a ‘roar’ing debut and score?

I’d imagine we’ll be offering him a deal if he’s in our group of trialists and especially if he’s scoring goals.

1 hour ago, Ignoramus said:

From anyone who was there yesterday, did a certain ex Dumbarton striker have a ‘roar’ing debut and score?

I’d imagine we’ll be offering him a deal if he’s in our group of trialists and especially if he’s scoring goals.

We'd be nuts to offer him a deal just as a decision on Crownpoint is ongoing.

Will someone at the club actually look at optics and how are club is viewed nationwide after the re-signing of Goodwillie.

If Crownpoint is in the balance we certainly don't want another "scandal" to tip the balance against us.

Add to that a player with his limited ability certainly isn't worth it.

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

We'd be nuts to offer him a deal just as a decision on Crownpoint is ongoing.

Will someone at the club actually look at optics and how are club is viewed nationwide after the re-signing of Goodwillie.

If Crownpoint is in the balance we certainly don't want another "scandal" to tip the balance against us.

Add to that a player with his limited ability certainly isn't worth it.

Absolutely no way we can sign him, as you say the publicity would finally kill us. Even having him as a trialists seems a huge risk on all sorts of levels!

15 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Absolutely no way we can sign him, as you say the publicity would finally kill us. Even having him as a trialists seems a huge risk on all sorts of levels!

Why would we have him as a trialist if we have no intention of signing him?