Clyde Season 23/24

2 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Clyde’s nightmare start to the season continued as they were dumped out the SPFL Trust Trophy by the University of Stirling this evening.

At least it is a step up in awareness from 'Clyde suffered a disappointing home defeat to.......'

Do not be sarcastic...the awareness has been there for years!

Sad to say, but it’s hard to see a way out of this for the supporters. I know that several of the people on the board are also lifelong Clyde fans, but that doesn’t translate into making good decisions or showing genuine leadership. Things have been on the slide since Ronnie MacDonald felt forced to leave the club. After years of poor decisions and bad appointments, the only ‘plan’ left seems to be the move to Crownpoint. Even if this comes off, it’s hard to think that it will spark a rebirth of the club with the present board calling the shots. Maybe it will take a Clydebank-type reboot to halt the decline  and instill some pride in the Clyde. Talk of boycotts is well-meaning, and totally understandable, but does anyone think it would change anything at the club? The way things are heading, it is a matter of time before the lights are switched off, the shutters pulled down and the keys are handed back. Time to be calling for an EGM, or hold off until the decision about Crownpoint?

14 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Sad to say, but it’s hard to see a way out of this for the supporters. I know that several of the people on the board are also lifelong Clyde fans, but that doesn’t translate into making good decisions or showing genuine leadership. Things have been on the slide since Ronnie MacDonald felt forced to leave the club. After years of poor decisions and bad appointments, the only ‘plan’ left seems to be the move to Crownpoint. Even if this comes off, it’s hard to think that it will spark a rebirth of the club with the present board calling the shots. Maybe it will take a Clydebank-type reboot to halt the decline  and instill some pride in the Clyde. Talk of boycotts is well-meaning, and totally understandable, but does anyone think it would change anything at the club? The way things are heading, it is a matter of time before the lights are switched off, the shutters pulled down and the keys are handed back. Time to be calling for an EGM, or hold off until the decision about Crownpoint?

It may force the Board to realise the fan base has completely lost faith in them. Currently they write it off as a few "keyboard warriors"....the protest needs to be right in their face....followed by a mass walk out after 10 minutes of the game.

We are watching the demise of the Club in real time.

4 minutes ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

It may force the Board to realise the fan base has completely lost faith in them. Currently they write it off as a few "keyboard warriors"....the protest needs to be right in their face....followed by a mass walk out after 10 minutes of the game.

You are certainly in the “keyboard warrior” element of the fan base.

2 minutes ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

That’s a fair point. Time for action before it’s too late. Genuinely hope it has a positive impact, but you’re all welcome to join us in Paisley.👍

5 minutes ago, Kempes said:

That’s a fair point. Time for action before it’s too late. Genuinely hope it has a positive impact, but you’re all welcome to join us in Paisley.👍

Don’t know about anyone else, but I just couldn’t invest myself in another club. 

1 minute ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Thanks awfully!

Have also put plenty into the club too....so have every right to criticise

It doesn’t matter if you’ve put £1 or thousands into the club, any supporter has a right to criticise. 

4 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Agreed, you don't choose a team, the team chooses you.

True for most people but there are numerous examples, especially of old firm supporters, growing apart from their club and choosing another which is in line with their ethos. It's obviously much easier said than done but when your club becomes unrecognisable to the one you became attached to finding another club, or indeed another activity to do on a Saturday becomes a real option. 

Far be it from me to tell anyone how they should support a club, but you guys all have a say in your club and can force change if it's needed. I've asked this before but as a CIC can the fans not force an EGM/remove board members? As a Dumbarton fan who can only really watch on as wankers with no heart in the club tear it apart I would urge Clyde fans to make use of what they've got. 

15 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Don’t know about anyone else, but I just couldn’t invest myself in another club. 

When Clyde signed DG, there was no way I was going to support them any more. My two daughters, also longtime season ticket holders, understandably felt the same way. Clyde forced us into going to see another team, we didn’t ‘choose’ to do so. I’d like to think that even the fans who kept going to Broadwood would understand that, especially with a bit of hindsight. I genuinely hope things improve at the club soon, or the remaining fans won’t have a team (or any live football) to watch. 

3 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

This question is always unanswered. Who takes over?

It needs answered. 

Who takes over?

I don't know, but I am frequently amazed at the experience and intellect of Clyde fans.  Have we ever actually asked 'who in the fanbase can add what we need?' 

No change in leadership will maintain our trajectory, which is moribund. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

True for most people but there are numerous examples, especially of old firm supporters, growing apart from their club and choosing another which is in line with their ethos. It's obviously much easier said than done but when your club becomes unrecognisable to the one you became attached to finding another club, or indeed another activity to do on a Saturday becomes a real option. 

Far be it from me to tell anyone how they should support a club, but you guys all have a say in your club and can force change if it's needed. I've asked this before but as a CIC can the fans not force an EGM/remove board members? As a Dumbarton fan who can only really watch on as wankers with no heart in the club tear it apart I would urge Clyde fans to make use of what they've got. 

Moonster, I now live in Manchester (moved down 20 years ago for Uni and am still here) and my wife and her family are all City fans (they all hail from Gorton in the east of Manc-Land) she constantly askes me " Why not support City?" my answer is always the same. I grew up following The Bully Wee home and away, made some amazing friends and travelled Scotland. Clyde (and Scotland) are the teams I support, but the current situation we are in is painful!! If things aren't addressed we could well go the way of Third Lanark. 

Edited by Uncle Albert

43 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Moonster, I now live in Manchester (moved down 20 years ago for Uni and am still here) and my wife and her family are all City fans (they all hail from Gorton in the east of Manc-Land) she constantly askes me " Why not support City?" my answer is always the same. I grew up following The Bully Wee home and away, made some amazing friends and travelled Scotland. Clyde (and Scotland) are the teams I support, but the current situation we are in is painful!! If things aren't addresses we could well go the way of Third Lanark. 

Thirds went out of business the year Clyde finished third in the top flight.

Thirds went from Glasgow Cup Winners (a prestigious trophy back then) to liquidation in in 4 seasons. Clyde seem to be taking a wee bit longer, hope you can turn things round.

Duffy came in and signed these players in January/February -

Hynes - Morton

Rennie - Montrose 

Doherty - Kelty 

Salkeld - Ayr 

McGeever - Dumbarton 

Quitongo - qots 

Fast forward to the summer - 

Leighfield - Albion rovers 

Dunachie - Motherwell youth

McCulloch - hibs youth 

Carswell - Dumbarton

Forbes - stenny 

Conor scullion - no club for a year 

Mulvanny - killie youth 

Duncan - Glasgow Uni

Malcolm - rossvale 

I can’t get my head around the disparity in where we have signed players from in a few months difference.