Clyde Season 23/24

7 minutes ago, Glorious Purpose said:

You were not the only one suggesting McCall to replace "McClean" buttercup.  It's a wild suggestion IMO that would hardly unite a support already split,  should that be a decision that is needed to be made any time soon. 

Kofi Annan could not unite the Clyde support, the last time unbridled joy and unity was witnessed from Clyde fans was at the Annan play off final, the one we won...except in the corridors of power at half time of course. As for "buttercup", it makes a charming and seasonally accurate alternative to "snowflake". 

22 minutes ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

My suggestion for what its worth is to contact Jack Ross and see if he could assist Brian McLean on an interim basis or ideally a position within the so-called football (void) department. Otherwise why not John Hughes, he definitely would take no prisoners.........

Both good shouts

4 minutes ago, Glorious Purpose said:

Allan Maitland was in the directors box that day so I would guess and hope it was him.  

Now, you might be onto something there........him and Ronnie McDonald offering to look after the football side of things and investing, sorry donating money to the cause........now there's a theory.

27 minutes ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

My suggestion for what its worth is to contact Jack Ross and see if he could assist Brian McLean on an interim basis or ideally a position within the so-called football (void) department. Otherwise why not John Hughes, he definitely would take no prisoners.........

Can hardly see JR giving up his gig at Newcastle to assist BMcL. 

I couldnt even see him giving up his Newcastle job to be the manager.

32 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Hervé Renard would be worth a shout as well. Apparently looking to get a start in Scottish football and would ultimately like to replace Steve Clarke eventually.

Dreadful patter. 

29 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

An experienced assistant manager and 2 or 3 bodies in this week is needed but ultimately unlikely to get all of that. 

Instead we have an inexperienced asst manager and on the look our maybe 1 or 2 loans...do you really think Clyde will buy a player? We would need an out contract player and they are usually out of contract for good reason....maybe we'll get lucky. Anyone agree with Mr Thomson that we'll be challenging for promotion?

27 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Instead we have an inexperienced asst manager and on the look our maybe 1 or 2 loans...do you really think Clyde will buy a player? We would need an out contract player and they are usually out of contract for good reason....maybe we'll get lucky. Anyone agree with Mr Thomson that we'll be challenging for promotion?

If it’s there I can see us spending some cash on some bodies and buying players. It’s the only way out the current hole we find ourselves in. 

Realistically money would need to be spent wisely but, top end league 2, lowland league, west of Scotland types or guys further up the chain not getting game time. 

Question is can we get them in? Even without all the off field turmoil it would have been a hard task 

In terms of who I would bring in for what it’s worth if there is cash to be spent and down the line id be interested to see how a guy like Gordon Moffat at Clydebank or similar style manager could do. Young, plays nice football and has an in depth knowledge of a player market we should be performing a lot better in. A guy like that coming in and doing a Maitland style job at Clyde would be interesting. Of course the risk with that is that you end up like Stenny in the Swift era

Edited by Ocelot1877

34 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

I never mentioned buying players, we’ve hardly done that in my lifetime. 

There may be players who clubs are willing to let go for free to shift off the wage bill, or better players on loan. There’s no doubt we need a few of better quality. 

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

There may be players who clubs are willing to let go for free to shift off the wage bill, or better players on loan. There’s no doubt we need a few of better quality. 

Players who are either way off it, or disruptive......is most likely what's left unless we get very very lucky

3 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Dreadful patter. 

To be fair to him it’s just as likely as Jack Ross, a fairly respectable manager with experience down south and in the top flight deciding to be assistant to a rookie at the bottom of league 2. Mental shout. 

6 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Wonder the last player we actually shelled out some money for???

only one I can think of is Billy Reid who we bought in the 80s(?) for about £35k (that would be equivalent to us  spending about £100k today)

Remember he got injured early on and was out for about a year and wasn’t the same player when he came back as he was with QotS

2 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Wonder the last player we actually shelled out some money for???

only one I can think of is Billy Reid who we bought in the 80s(?) for about £35k (that would be equivalent to us  spending about £100k today)

Remember he got injured early on and was out for about a year and wasn’t the same player when he came back as he was with QotS

Did we not pay money to get Lang back? After that then it must be Darren Ramsey from Annan I think. I might be mistaken.