Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

Encouraged by how quickly the club has acted to get players in. We could all see new additions were required. Hopefully the new boys make a difference.

By the way - this Twitter account called the Sam Bird signing last week. Have noticed it's also nailed a couple other Scottish transfers. I'm usually sceptical of Twitter ITKs, but this one has something about it. 

The club can confirm that Sam Bird has returned to Stockport County FCfollowing the end of his loan spell on the 2nd January 2024. Whilst we have tried to extend the loan for a further period, the player and his agent are considering other options at this stage.

We would like to thank Sam for his total commitment to the club in his time here and he will always be welcomed back should the opportunity arise. We know that he has developed as a player during his time with us and has been pivotal under the current turnaround in form. We would like to wish Sam success with his footballing career and will always keep an eye on his progress.

https://www.staffordrangersfc.co.uk/tag/sam-bird/

Great to see the board backing the manager in January, & doing it earlier rather than later, the Falkirk game was the straw that broke the camels back for me, as previously mentioned we have been so exposed by teams out wide, Falkirk was a disgrace, no fault of Dunsy as he isn't a natural RB but at left back CC is out of his depth in this league, add to that Lewis Milne's refusal to tackle anyone resulting in him being a passenger, we don't dominate teams at this level to afford that.

I'm really upbeat and looking forward to travelling to Montrose tomorrow with optimism 

Good luck to our 3 new signings and also having Ross Davidson working back to full fitness is a massive boost, he's a real key player for us in the middle of the park 

C'mon the Bino's 🇵🇪

Have to agree with you @Beepee67, sadly I can't make the Montrose game but I am looking forward to seeing how the new lads fit in and hope that they improve the squad. It certainly gives Young options to use, which he's probably not had the luxury of this season.

I don't know what the plan was in the summer, did Young simply want to give the lads that got us there the chance? Was there no money available to bring in anymore than he did? Could he simply not get better than what we already had or what we had signed? Who knows, however it's pleasing to see that he has acted and that the board have provided funds for him to use. 

With the squad being boosted.....can we expect a couple of players to depart soon?? 

45 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Have to agree with you @Beepee67, sadly I can't make the Montrose game but I am looking forward to seeing how the new lads fit in and hope that they improve the squad. It certainly gives Young options to use, which he's probably not had the luxury of this season.

I don't know what the plan was in the summer, did Young simply want to give the lads that got us there the chance? Was there no money available to bring in anymore than he did? Could he simply not get better than what we already had or what we had signed? Who knows, however it's pleasing to see that he has acted and that the board have provided funds for him to use. 

With the squad being boosted.....can we expect a couple of players to depart soon?? 

Yes it definitely gives him options which can only be a good thing,we see how threadbare the squad has been these past few month's, lot's of kids on the bench from the under 20's, making up numbers i don't know,i would have liked to see a few of them given a chance at times,

I am of the belief that Darren was being loyal to the squad who done so well in gaining us promotion and continuity was a big part of our success, the 2 additions i think in hindsight he thought might have been enough as they had experience in the division, Hilson has been a bit stop start with injury and suspension, Milne i just don't see how he has improved us, again this is just my opinion, 

As for outgoings i don't know what to think on this, was everyone just a 1 year contract after promotion..I am thinking Thompson was the only one signed previously to a 2 yr contract... so unsure if or who would be released in January  

I'm trying to be positive about things and I'm more optimistic about the rest of the season, can't wait for Ross Davidson to come back into the team, IMO we have really missed him... here's hoping for a good start to 2024 at Montrose tomorrow 🇵🇪

I'm glad to see us strengthened a bit. Definitely needed.

Im especially please to see defenders coming in. Our first choice defence has looked barely adequate and with replacements playing has been woeful.

A left and right footed option for either full back or centre half is great.

Be interesting to see our line up in the coming weeks. Its generally been pick the 11 most experienced who aren't injured so it's nice to have some options.

Robert Thomson becomes the 199th player to sign for East Kilbride this season!!

Wish Tommo well with the move, I thought he was a big player for us last season and was the link man that contributed massively to the goals that Carrick and others scored in League 2. Although it seemed his legs had gone, he was affective and formed a good partnership with him.

It’s been the polar opposite this season sadly, he just looks so out his depth in League 1 and he’s struggled to make any impact in the games that I have seen him play. It’s not through lack of effort, but he just isn’t a player that can play at this level anymore and with this move, I’m guessing he knows it himself.

I’ve watched a good bit of Lowland League football over the years and I’m sure he’ll be a good signing for EK, and will be effective in the league, so I hope the move works out well for him.

IMG_1012.png

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Robert Thomson becomes the 199th player to sign for East Kilbride this season!!

Wish Tommo well with the move, I thought he was a big player for us last season and was the link man that contributed massively to the goals that Carrick and others scored in League 2. Although it seemed his legs had gone, he was affective and formed a good partnership with him.

It’s been the polar opposite this season sadly, he just looks so out his depth in League 1 and he’s struggled to make any impact in the games that I have seen him play. It’s not through lack of effort, but he just isn’t a player that can play at this level anymore and with this move, I’m guessing he knows it himself.

I’ve watched a good bit of Lowland League football over the years and I’m sure he’ll be a good signing for EK, and will be effective in the league, so I hope the move works out well for him.

IMG_1012.png

I think that it's a good move for both, like you said he's like a fish out of water in this league, he needs the air ambulance to get back to the halfway line...

He served us in the 2nd division to a reasonable extent

Carrick needs alot more support than Thomo can offer, 

I wish him well 

I am liking the way this transfer window is shaping up for us so far 👌 

Perhaps Cammy Clark can become signing 200 for East Kilbride 🤔 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

31 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

I think that it's a good move for both, like you said he's like a fish out of water in this league, he needs the air ambulance to get back to the halfway line...

He served us in the 2nd division to a reasonable extent

Carrick needs alot more support than Thomo can offer, 

I wish him well 

I am liking the way this transfer window is shaping up for us so far 👌 

Perhaps Cammy Clark can become signing 200 for East Kilbride 🤔 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

I'll miss RT's dynamic aerobic warms ups. It was the only thing worth watching at TFS 2 weeks ago😂

Good move all round. Spence is back soon and Offords signing along with hilson fit again was going to push him back down rhe pecking order.

Have some great memories of him from last season but it just never really clicked for him this year.

Great effort from the lads today at Montrose, really pleased to see the effort from everyone 👏 

Blair Currie had 3 top class saves in the 1st half, great shot stopper 🙌 which allowed us to go in level at the break even though we did hit the bar...

A few words from the gaffer seemed to do the trick at half time as we were that yard quicker in the 2nd half & determined to win the ball back quickly,stronger in the tackle which led to Callum Cranes goal, won the ball, headed for goal & superb strike 😀 🇵🇪 

He was unluckily sent off...referee had a shocker along with the stand side linesman, 2 x 🔔 🔚's puting it mildly...but the lads dug in & a well deserved win for the bino's 🇵🇪

Great result. Would have loved to have been there.

Was callum Crane playing left midfield?

It wasn't easy to figure out how 3 Cbs and 2 LBs were lining up.

To get 3 points on a day both Annan and EC managed draws made it all even  sweeter.

30 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Oh right OK. I had no idea that he could play there too.

Interesting to have more options....in a few weeks once he's free of suspension.

Yeah. Manager said he can play at FB or across midfield. Looks to be an astute signing 

11 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

Oh right OK. I had no idea that he could play there too.

Interesting to have more options....in a few weeks once he's free of suspension.

He had a solid debut, willingness to take the ball & make a pass, looked composed & calm, i know its 1st game, a bit of adrenaline also, but I'd be interested in seeing him alongside Davidson when he's fit...looks a good signing