Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

51 minutes ago, MrBeeno said:

What is all the panic about season tickets?The league doesn't start until August and the fixtures are not even out yet.Im pretty certain they wont sell out.

Who's panicking....just a concerned fanbase that's all 

Concerned about the lack of clarity at our club...transparency...fan engagement...communication 

We deserve better than the treatment we are receiving from a shambolic board & trust 

You'd think that engagement with the supporters would be something important from the guardians of OUR club 

Like mentioned season ticket sales are a big part of the income & make up a large part of the proposed budget for the playing staff for the upcoming season....given that we have a threadbare sqaud..no backroom staff..club doctor/physio/kitman......it would be surely in the clubs best interests to look at season ticket announcements for the upcoming season....probably for the 1st time I'd agree with you on something....your right they definitely WON'T sell out...i wouldn't be surprised if there's a massive reduction 😡

Ever since the new board took over the running of the club, the communications has plummeted to almost non existent levels. We then get a club update and in it keep getting told "we know comms is poor and we are working on it" and then ultimately nothing happens until it repeats itself.

It doesn't need to be huge long updates, it doesn't even need to be on the appalling website. Could just be a tweet or a facebook update saying 'for those looking to buy season tickets, they will be on sale X date'

They really need to start small with the communications if they are struggling behind the scenes. Just commit to an update once a week on the website and then try and progress from there.

If the club is having issues with x, y and z behind the scenes then just tell us or give us a vague update saying so. Even if its an update with not alot to be said, it lets fans know that something is happening. Absolute silence just enrages everyone.

3 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Ever since the new board took over the running of the club, the communications has plummeted to almost non existent levels. We then get a club update and in it keep getting told "we know comms is poor and we are working on it" and then ultimately nothing happens until it repeats itself.

It doesn't need to be huge long updates, it doesn't even need to be on the appalling website. Could just be a tweet or a facebook update saying 'for those looking to buy season tickets, they will be on sale X date'

They really need to start small with the communications if they are struggling behind the scenes. Just commit to an update once a week on the website and then try and progress from there.

If the club is having issues with x, y and z behind the scenes then just tell us or give us a vague update saying so. Even if its an update with not alot to be said, it lets fans know that something is happening. Absolute silence just enrages everyone.

This board will never take any responsibility 

As much as last season was a failure on the park resulting in relegation..the board & trust continues to fail us & take no responsibility...communication doesn't happen...never has & never will..people need to step aside who are out of their depth 

For years they say that communication needs to improve but they believe in silence being the solution & hoping all the frustration goes away.

This board has no transparency....have no idea what the truth is 

Season ticket advertising & information should have been advised & acknowledged by now...surely they must see that...it's revenue & income that is important for the budget in relation to the playing staff & now the full backroom staff... We are miles behind as previously mentioned...

Angry,,frustrated & disappointed 😞 

19 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

What is all the panic about season tickets?The league doesn't start until August and the fixtures are not even out yet.Im pretty certain they wont sell out.

Yup. I fully expect pricing, yawn yawn, will be announced after league fixtures. Could be some creative packages?

On 25/06/2024 at 13:32, MrBeeno said:

You've had no stream of income for over a month and whilst you might not have a full squad to support there are people and costs that need paid. Perhaps Stirling have money in the bank and don't need to worry but for most clubs they get season ticket money in at this point in the season to keep a cash flow (and to give a better idea of budgets). If I was a Stirling fan I would 100% be asking why they aren't on sale already. I can't think of anything other than incompetence or a lack of manpower that prevents them from doing it, you don't even need to hand over a season ticket at the point of sale.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

You've had no stream of income for over a month and whilst you might not have a full squad to support there are people and costs that need paid. Perhaps Stirling have money in the bank and don't need to worry but for most clubs they get season ticket money in at this point in the season to keep a cash flow (and to give a better idea of budgets). If I was a Stirling fan I would 100% be asking why they aren't on sale already. I can't think of anything other than incompetence or a lack of manpower that prevents them from doing it, you don't even need to hand over a season ticket at the point of sale.

@The Moonster your spot on with your post...we have bills to pay like you say & early season ticket sale's helps with income plus I'm a believer that if they are on sale early then your highly likely to maybe sell a few more rather than less...plus it is all part of the income that is pooled & part of the managers budget for players ..

But @The Moonster this is Stirling Albion we are talking about...the communication is non existent between club & fans...it's absolutely shocking...the club acknowledged communication could be better 3 yrs ago but nothing has changed..outdated website & media dept just don't care...all ways to encourage & grow new support & they have no foresight...they truly believe that silence makes everything go away...we are miles behind before the start of the season & it's very worrying .. I can see a major decline in supporters this season & it's a backwards step & blame lies with the club.... no confidence 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I can't think of anything other than incompetence or a lack of manpower that prevents them from doing it

To me it's incompetence all the way.

Our tickets are all now sold through a partner. All the club has to do is decide the prices and then promote the sale (no laughing at the back).

They did little to attempt to attract  new season ticket holders last year and this close season so far has hardly encouraged the existing ones to renew.

They really should be glad there are still people willing to buy them.

1 hour ago, WattersIsGod said:

To me it's incompetence all the way.

Our tickets are all now sold through a partner. All the club has to do is decide the prices and then promote the sale (no laughing at the back).

They did little to attempt to attract  new season ticket holders last year and this close season so far has hardly encouraged the existing ones to renew.

They really should be glad there are still people willing to buy them.

Absolutely 

Sick & tired of the incompetence of this club...

We are being treated like mugs in all of this chaos...I've said it before & repeat it...they think & believe that being silent will make all the problems go away...

We deserve so much better...but we are suffering due to having an incompetent board & trust in place...the communication side is non existent...they have no idea 

I believe we are in real trouble....supporters will dwindle away from the club with all this mess...we are & will remain miles behind everyone else in the basement league 2 😡

I can't imagine the restraints on the manager at the moment...we have no sqaud...no backroom staff...no season ticket information...I have emailed the club twice with my concerns....NO reply...but that doesn't surprise me.

2 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

media dept just don't care...

Please get your facts right. 

the media dept care like feck for the club. We can only relay to fans what the BOD want shared. 

the media dept has absolutely nothing to do with what updates the club put out. Along with the full time jobs they work onto of the voluntary work

On 25/06/2024 at 14:40, Beepee67 said:

no backroom staff..club doctor/physio/kitman

You’ve had another mare

Kitman - Check

Backroom staff - announcements in due course 

24 minutes ago, TheWestStand said:

Please get your facts right. 

the media dept care like feck for the club. We can only relay to fans what the BOD want shared. 

the media dept has absolutely nothing to do with what updates the club put out. Along with the full time jobs they work onto of the voluntary work

You’ve had another mare

Kitman - Check

Backroom staff - announcements in due course 

In due course 🤣🤣

Yeah that's all we keep hearing 

Puppets on a string 

Glad your happy with the way our club is being run & the communications being put out 

Lifted from QofS Facebook.

Clyde looked like they'd met before. I thought Dickenson looked good, and Trialist 1 (number 2), and others in flashes, but there's a long way to go before we look like a cohesive unit. And Clyde's number 8 was the best player on the park.

31 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

In due course 🤣🤣

Yeah that's all we keep hearing 

Puppets on a string 

Glad your happy with the way our club is being run & the communications being put out 

Where did i say i was happy? 

Just now, TheWestStand said:

Where did i say i was happy? 

Fair point you didn't 👍

But surely you must see & feel the frustration we are all feeling... as per earlier quote...it was noted communication was below standard & needed looked at...had anything changed  .. no....has anything improved...no...

This current board has done nothing to improve relationships with the supporters..done nothing to improve the website..communicate..  blank emails asking for clarification on several issues..the latest being season tickets..not asking for a release date...just asking for a general update & get something out there for the supporters 

We are miles behind & it's concerning... & i do appreciate the work of the volunteers... it's nothing personal 

But the board & trust continues to fail us IMO 

2 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

But surely you must see & feel the frustration we are all feeling... a

I feel it myself, it’s my job though so i need to respect the people higher than me. 

3 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

improve the website.

I know you keep going on about this and will probably just laugh at my response but trust me, in the background there is a lot of work going into this area. 

i will always be open and as transparent as i can be but there is obviously things i can’t comment on 

3 minutes ago, TheWestStand said:

I feel it myself, it’s my job though so i need to respect the people higher than me. 

I know you keep going on about this and will probably just laugh at my response but trust me, in the background there is a lot of work going into this area. 

i will always be open and as transparent as i can be but there is obviously things i can’t comment on 

Yes i understand & i respect your response.... no hard feelings 

16 minutes ago, TheWestStand said:

The vast majority of fans appreciate the work done by volunteers.

35 minutes ago, TheWestStand said:

Things you can't even ask either apparently.  The manager inherits a decimated squad and a wiped out backroom.  You didn't ask him how he felt about that. If he could reassure fans on that.  Not even if he planned to bring in an assistant manager.  

I get it that it was just a typical softball PR Q&A interview for a new manager, but in terms of reassuring the concerns of fans it was a complete non event.

Edited by WC Boggs

8 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Murray Miller signs for us ,what's he like ? 

Thought he was ok when given an opportunity...however game time was mostly from the bench ..has a bit of composure on the ball & doesn't panic...most likely a sqaud player