Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

Just now, RRFC_Liam said:

Telfer under contract with you guys? I wouldn’t mind him as a Spencer replacement but we are looking at someone else apparently but was just wondering if he’s on the market incase we don’t get said replacement 

Nah, he’s out of contract. I imagine he’d jump at a bigger move elsewhere but not sure he did enough last season to justify it and there’s a reason he ended up at Airdrie after trying for a move elsewhere all summer. I’d say Raith really don’t need him but Ian Murray does love signing a midfielder.

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Telfer under contract with you guys? I wouldn’t mind him as a Spencer replacement but we are looking at someone else apparently but was just wondering if he’s on the market incase we don’t get said replacement 

Offered him a new deal, awaiting a response. Wouldn't be overly bothered if he left of stayed can't imagine he'll have much better offers than us.

16 minutes ago, Mr November said:

ATS confirmed as player-coach. Seems a very sensible move all round. 

Squad shaping up nicely now! Hopefully Gabby announced over the weekend.

1 minute ago, Mr November said:

I’d say Raith really don’t need him but Ian Murray does love signing a midfielder.

Probably won’t need him tbf As he’s normally plays as 10/plays in the 8 but we do need a Spencer replacement imo was just a suggestion I was putting out there because wasn’t sure what telfers contract situation was 

Thought ATS was great last season, but not sure I'd want him playing every week in the Championship. If we get another centre back in then I think it's good business because it would mean we'd always have one of our coaches on the sidelines and will take some of the burden off Fordyce. Seems like a really good guy too, a calm experienced head to help the youngsters. I also love his interviews, he's like the Reverend I.M. Jolly of scottish football!

4 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I see Scott Martin has signed a new deal with Accies. I thought he was their best player over the two play-off games and was the kind of player we needed, so I was hoping we’d be in for him.

I was just about to post the same thing, other than Connor Smith he was the only one that stood out for me and I think he'd have given us a bit more physicality in midfield. Great for Hamilton getting him signed up on a two year deal, was certain he'd go to a Championship team.

Still early days though and still plenty movements to happen yet, would it be too much to ask to get the pen out for tonight going into the weekend?🤞📝

14 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

I was just about to post the same thing, other than Connor Smith he was the only one that stood out for me and I think he'd have given us a bit more physicality in midfield. Great for Hamilton getting him signed up on a two year deal, was certain he'd go to a Championship team.

Still early days though and still plenty movements to happen yet, would it be too much to ask to get the pen out for tonight going into the weekend?🤞📝

I’m not expecting much tonight but wonder if we might hear more tomorrow when pre-season starts?

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Probably won’t need him tbf As he’s normally plays as 10/plays in the 8 but we do need a Spencer replacement imo was just a suggestion I was putting out there because wasn’t sure what telfers contract situation was 

Did you release Spencer or was he tempted away by the navy blue pound?

21 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I’m not expecting much tonight but wonder if we might hear more tomorrow when pre-season starts?

Yeah you're probably on that one, Monday perhaps if not through the weekend? Wouldve been quality going into the weekend with a 5.30pm announcement again to keep the good news coming but I'm pretty patient 😆

I remember last year the club released photos of the players in pre season, could be some new faces amongst them.

26 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

Did you release Spencer or was he tempted away by the navy blue pound?

From what the rumours are he wasn’t offered a deal but he did have an extension in his contract which was same terms and 1 year and Falkirk signed him on a 2 year deal so probably better job security for him 

2 hours ago, Mr November said:

ATS confirmed as player-coach. Seems a very sensible move all round. 

Delighted with that, mentioned just in the last couple days the big man likes getting involved in the technical area. Happy with that, seems like a great guy to have around and the couple of folk I have spoke to seem to like him. Hopefully the big man can play some part in a successful season!

Always pro signing/re-signing an Antigua & Barbuda international. 

Happy with that. I think people forget that before his Falkirk disaster he’s played in the Scottish Championship or higher for the last 10 years and, AFAIK, has performed well when fit. Agreed that he probably doesn’t have the legs or fitness (injury wise) to play in the Championship every week but more than happy to have him and his calm presence and experience at back-up. He’s one of the few experienced players we have which can’t be underestimated. 

Also of the opinion that all of our coaches should also be players. 

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

I see Scott Martin has signed a new deal with Accies. I thought he was their best player over the two play-off games and was the kind of player we needed, so I was hoping we’d be in for him.

Don't agree at all. I'm not doubting Martin's ability or his competitiveness, but I don't think his cheating and diving would fit with McCabe's ethos. One of my favourite moments from the play-offs was when it looked like Dycey was going to lamp him.

3 hours ago, Mr November said:

Well I guess he’s not signing then he was the midfielder I seen down at the stadium was weird him being down at the stadium my guess was he was signing but looks like I am wrong 

On 15/06/2023 at 21:54, Rio 2 said:

Been supporting Airdrie long enough to have seen some good managers and also some dross 

McQueen in my opinion is at the top end, he was able to attract better quality than we have had in recent years and played a good brand of football, so rest in peace big man.

The silence from the club is deafening.

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

There was a statement put out on Facebook and Twitter.

Would have expected at least a sentence on the club website.

Don't do twitter and have never accessed the Facebook page.

4 minutes ago, Rio 2 said:

Would have expected at least a sentence on the club website.

Don't do twitter and have never accessed the Facebook page.

Thats fine buts it's not really "silence" from the club is it ? 

Folk just want to moan about anything in close season ! 

Anyway...

Cant wait to see Kurtis Roberts in the background of today's pre season training photos !