Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

Immediately after we gained promotion there was a wave of euphoric optimism, then people seemed to settle back down to earth, and now pessimism is rife. Do remember that in November of last year we went to Dens Park and played away from home against the future winners of the Championship, and held them to 2-2 over 90 mins.

8 of the 11 starters that day are srill with us, and of the three that have gone, one is Lyness, and we have improved in that position, Another is Deveney, and we desperately need an improvement there, and the last was Smith. So in short I think we are already pretty close to that level with no additions. Smith I feel is the only serious loss, and hopefully O'Connor can fill his boots.

Funnily enough the article does state that he is 'highly rated'. 😂

I don't really know what the standard is like in the Northern Irish league but 5 goals in 31 games is pretty decent for a winger at 17 years old.

If we have pretty much the lowest budget in the Championship we'll need to think outside the box when it comes to signings so I definitely wouldn't be against it if we pulled off signing him on loan.

Not quite the 'West Ham Striker' but a 'West Ham Winger' is the next best thing.

Screenshot_20230630_142607_Chrome.jpg

6 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Slightly built ✔️

Can't legally buy booze ✔️

Winger/ attacking midfielder ✔️

West Ham ✔️

Consillium Sports ✔️

It's like AI was asked to create the perfect Airdrie signing.

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

"Highly rated" for the win!

And Northern Irish! 

13 hours ago, Mr November said:

Was having a look at the Consilium list again and Ben Wilson, a young Northern Irish forward, appears to be out of contract at Brighton tomorrow. He’s already 21 too which makes him a veteran.

Seems about right maybe just on the old side, would go for him anyway ,trust Jackie. m ,

7 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I can't be the only person really hoping that there will be half a dozen trialists today. With wildly varying eyewitness accounts of who each on is. A small, guilty pleasure of mine in preseason.

As someone said, bring the consilium bingo card 

28 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I can't be the only person really hoping that there will be half a dozen trialists today. With wildly varying eyewitness accounts of who each on is. A small, guilty pleasure of mine in preseason.

I have no interest in a pre-season game against a Motherwell youth team at Broadwood but if the team is announced to be a load of trialists I might have to make a last minute trip. A load of trialists, most of them never to be seen again, is the best thing about friendlies.