Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

3 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Never read any posts about a slow start regarding lack of signings,it was as the season progressed the concern was.

That too, but there definitely were people saying how we were in danger of getting off to a slow start if we didn't sign players early enough. There were some comparisons to last season and people saying we couldn't afford another slow start (even though we started very well last year). I remember replying them.

2 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

That too, but there definitely were people saying how we were in danger of getting off to a slow start if we didn't sign players early enough. There were some comparisons to last season and people saying we couldn't afford another slow start (even though we started very well last year). I remember replying them.

Aye maybe just hoping we would get a few in ,been proved that there was no need right enough ,long may it last,Don't think I would change  the back 4 .no this week anyway and the young lads seem to be performing well above their years when needed ,

5 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

*Hands up* I was one of the ones saying "we cant afford to get off to a slow start", but I've also maintained the mantra, I wont complain until it costs us.

If we're still picking up points fielding 10 fit players, Hutts in goals, Prunts up front and Stuart Millar in the dug out, I'll still bite my tongue.

5 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

*Hands up* I was one of the ones saying "we cant afford to get off to a slow start", but I've also maintained the mantra, I wont complain until it costs us.

If we're still picking up points fielding 10 fit players, Hutts in goals, Prunts up front and Stuart Millar in the dug out, I'll still bite my tongue.

I wasn't criticising people making wrong predictions, I'm not going to pretend I thought we'd start this well!

It was more a comment on what seemed like needless negativity from a few fans when results on the pitch hadn't given any reason to be.

4 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I wasn't criticising people making wrong predictions, I'm not going to pretend I thought we'd start this well!

It was more a comment on what seemed like needless negativity from a few fans when results on the pitch hadn't given any reason to be.

I don't really see the you were wrong, look at us now stuff,  6 points out of 9 is decent, 33 games to go, hard game tomorrow and then away trip to Arbroath and then home to Raith there are no easy games,  I think we all know this will be a tough atricional season,   it could be easier if oven ready quality signings were in place ,  still time though, we have the backstop remember of the Loanee window ...

Onto Tannadice and the not very welcoming city of Dundee,  now having to park miles away,  normally over physical stewarding and the old bill always like a collar or two....

Prediction time we will still have 6 points at 5pm tomorrow night. 

57 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I don't really see the you were wrong, look at us now stuff,  6 points out of 9 is decent, 33 games to go, hard game tomorrow and then away trip to Arbroath and then home to Raith there are no easy games,  I think we all know this will be a tough atricional season,   it could be easier if oven ready quality signings were in place ,  still time though, we have the backstop remember of the Loanee window ...

Onto Tannadice and the not very welcoming city of Dundee,  now having to park miles away,  normally over physical stewarding and the old bill always like a collar or two....

Prediction time we will still have 6 points at 5pm tomorrow night. 

Same start as last week,United looked good v Arbroath but we have looked good in most games as well,Go with the Heart 2-3 Diamonds 

17 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Probably true but until his transfer was confirmed he was taking up a wage.

Yes that will be true alright,not  staying in Airdrie I have to rely on what I read and pick up on a sat at the game ,sometimes of course the information I get is a wee bit like the West Ham  stuff,

A ‘yer da’ thing that annoys me is when a team wears their away/third kit when there’s no need to. Why are we in purple tomorrow? We have an iconic and beautiful kit and should wear it every opportunity we have. Not as if we haven’t seen the purple kit in action already. 

23 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

A ‘yer da’ thing that annoys me is when a team wears their away/third kit when there’s no need to. Why are we in purple tomorrow? We have an iconic and beautiful kit and should wear it every opportunity we have. Not as if we haven’t seen the purple kit in action already. 

Couldnt agree more, our diamond kit against DUFC orange / black is a classic in both football and Subbuteo