Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

A defender that can cover right back and centre back is exactly what we need, ideally competition for Janny's position too.

Played 9 times for Kelty last season, can't say I remember too much of him so a bit of an unknown quantity, but I'm sure they'll be able to fill you in on him on their forum.

That's 3 loaness all signed from Hibs in the squad now.

Pleased with that, reads like a good bit of business anyway. More depth at right-back and centre-half was what we needed most IMO. A bit of pace in the defence would be grand and if he could potentially solve some of our problems out wide too then even better. It doesn’t necessarily mean anything given the step up but encouraging to hear that he performed well for Kelty last season, and first team football isn’t completely alien to him. Presumably he’ll be straight into the team on Saturday. 

So he signed for KH on 04/03, the week before we hammered them 6-0.  Watched it back, doesn’t seem like he played in that game?   Great to see Gabbys goals and ‘that’ goal from CalGal.  So don’t know why he was left out for that game unless he was injured? You would think he’d come on as a second half sub?   I’d need to look up match but don’t see him in highlights 

3 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

So he signed for KH on 04/03, the week before we hammered them 6-0.  Watched it back, doesn’t seem like he played in that game?   Great to see Gabbys goals and ‘that’ goal from CalGal.  So don’t know why he was left out for that game unless he was injured? You would think he’d come on as a second half sub?   I’d need to look up match but don’t see him in highlights 

I checked the lineups on the website and he wasn’t involved in that game. 

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

Pleased with that, reads like a good bit of business anyway. More depth at right-back and centre-half was what we needed most IMO. A bit of pace in the defence would be grand and if he could potentially solve some of our problems out wide too then even better. It doesn’t necessarily mean anything given the step up but encouraging to hear that he performed well for Kelty last season, and first team football isn’t completely alien to him. Presumably he’ll be straight into the team on Saturday. 

The man knows what it takes

IMG_2471.png

I personally had hoped that the next signing would be a natural LB; however, any kind of defensive cover/competition is most welcome at this stage and based on the noises from the Hibs fans, the lad could be a solid addition.

I get that Cammy B has done well at LB but I personally think the assertion that he’s better there than his natural RB position is mad. We now have 3 RBs, 3 CBs and no LB - Hancock has said himself that he’s a CB, but can only assume the plan is to use him at LB in the long term.

All of that being said, as we’ve discussed at length here, the market is tough and we’re after a very specific type of player that suits our style, so got to trust in Rhys and Dycey on this one!