Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

You've signed a good lad in Toddy.

Great attitiude, not the best in terms of link up play as his touch is poor but has a knack of being in the right place in the box and provides height from corners and free kicks. Can see him getting double figures for you next year if he plays in the middle with good service.

Delighted with that. As others have said, adds a height and physical presence we need and otherwise lack, especially going forward. You saw against Accies that we struggled physically against them, and they were one of the two worst teams in the league. We’re not going to be able to overwhelm teams this year like we did last season so having that ability to duke things out physically and have a bit of steel and street smarts can only help and Todorov is a good start in that regard. IIRC he’s done well enough in the Championship before so ideal in that regard too. I thought he was older than 26 so we’re actually getting him at a pretty good time. He also seems like a good character and I think he’s somebody we’ll all take to. 

Hopefully some more good news to come the rest of the week! 

3 minutes ago, DiamondDownSouth said:

image.png.ecea3a090b53169747c86c9c3e12fdcc.png

Is that what the floodlights normally look like? It looks like most of them are missing...

The lights were replaced a couple of years ago. The new lights are stronger so we didn't need as many. 

11 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Haven’t saw it mentioned on this thread, but @AJ77 mentions Euan East as a potential target on the QoS thread 👀

Wikipedia describes him as a centre back that previously played as a striker. We’ve described Todorov as a forward that’s “capable of performing in defence”.  What’s the betting that at some point we’ve got East up front and Todorov at the back?

5 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Wikipedia describes him as a centre back that previously played as a striker. We’ve described Todorov as a forward that’s “capable of performing in defence”.  What’s the betting that at some point we’ve got East up front and Todorov at the back?

I said exactly the same thing in a private DM with one of my mates 😂 that would be a great Murrayball throwback! 

30 minutes ago, DiamondDownSouth said:

image.png.ecea3a090b53169747c86c9c3e12fdcc.png

Is that what the floodlights normally look like? It looks like most of them are missing...

Was only joshing bud. As someone else has mentioned the new bulbs are better than the old bulbs.

Really like that signing. I've been Gal's biggest fan boy the last few years but there's definitely games where he struggles against physical centre backs and we've had no-one to help him or replace him. The play-off final last year against Queens Park and Charlie Fox sticks in my head, and Hamilton this year against O'Reilly. He's added lots to his game this year but he's still essentially a penalty box striker and I'm not sure how much change he'll get out of Championship defenders, so it's important to have another option.

On 12/06/2023 at 19:00, Passionate said:

There are so many permutations people like for the strip,   we cried out for the black shorts\ socks combo this season and wore it once against qos,    I believe one of the reasons is the referee s kit cannot clash,  at our level they are either all black or yellow green shirt with black shorts \ socks,  therefore we clash most of the time with our official registered kit.... So we play with red shorts\ socks instead.....

Another ruleis you cannot have an identical design for a change kit albeit in a different colour,  which rules out the traditional in some eyes of the black top\ red diamond....

And also any idea of black shorts\ red socks can get in the sea,  we are not Clyde ffs.... And I only remember us playing in that combination  4 times in the past 40 years,  away to Cowdenbeath in 2012, the new year rangers game (whatever year rangers won our league)_ and the Stuart Millar special worn twice when launched in season 21\22....  

Not wearing the red socks but we did Falkirk over a few times wearing the black shorts with the home kit. Including occasions when the ref was also wearing black shorts so they really don't care about that.

Screenshot_20230613-211116.png

0_ptr_aca_180821airdrie_02JPG.webp

onecms_c6ce5f3c-0aac-4f64-bc69-bd3e1eee4969.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Not wearing the red socks but we did Falkirk over a few times wearing the black shorts with the home kit. Including occasions when the ref was also wearing black shorts so they really don't care about that.

As I said previously, that was the reason given when asked, remember it being discussed on here at the time...

Hopefully we won't have Long to wait for the new kit,  Joma is being banded about as the new suppplier......

4 hours ago, 101 said:

Great signing for you guys and wouldn't be surprised to see Kyle MacDonald following him.

Not really sure if I'd want Kyle MacDonald back to be honest. Had 1 or 2 good games in his second spell at us but cost us a bit in the playoffs 

2 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Haven’t saw it mentioned on this thread, but @AJ77 mentions Euan East as a potential target on the QoS thread 👀

Heard last week his name mentioned along with Todorov so don’t think my source is far off, also mentioned watson and Ats have resigned!

1 hour ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

That Kyle Connell photo is a belter! 

1 hour ago, C_GLK said:

Not really sure if I'd want Kyle MacDonald back to be honest. Had 1 or 2 good games in his second spell at us but cost us a bit in the playoffs 

Yeah I'm the same, I've never really seen it with him. He'd be a decent squad option in fairness as it would give us 2 full-backs who can play on the left and right side. But in terms of adding to our best 11 I don't think he would, I'd rather have Watson and Ballantyne.