Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

15 hours ago, A Diamond For Me said:

I've not heard anything directly from them, but I think they are doing some things.  For instance I remember one of the SLO folk asking on the Facebook group what sorts of things they'd like them to raise with the club, and one of them was getting them to announce matchday attendances, which they didn't used to do and do now.  There might be other things as well, but I did notice that.

A topic for @CapitalDiamond and the OTL podcast perhaps?

16 hours ago, airdrieman said:

I’d heard last season that they were producing a commemorative kit but like you say, disappointing not to have it out and ready for the team and fans on Saturday. Getting it in time for the final will be dandy though 😉

The club’s new year tweet suggested that there will be events/occasions/memorabilia to mark the centenary. Hope we make a big deal of it as we certainly should celebrate what was a historic time for the club and town. 

Someone's been reading this thread 😀

https://www.airdriefc.com/2324-news/240117/airdrieonians-1924-tweets

Ended up watching the Open Goal interview with Ian Murray as I was struggling to sleep, it’s amazing how Raith have let him have so much more freedom with the media (and club media) so much more than it seemed he had with us. Don’t get me wrong he always spoke reasonably well in the pre & post match snippets but I always thought he was a bit of a quiet guy happy not to be in the spotlight. 18 months later and he can’t be kept quiet!

33 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Ended up watching the Open Goal interview with Ian Murray as I was struggling to sleep, it’s amazing how Raith have let him have so much more freedom with the media (and club media) so much more than it seemed he had with us. Don’t get me wrong he always spoke reasonably well in the pre & post match snippets but I always thought he was a bit of a quiet guy happy not to be in the spotlight. 18 months later and he can’t be kept quiet!

Yep good listen and insight on how a championship club is ran, thought he would've spoke about his time at us for a couple of mins but no joy. Good stories anyway, you actually forget how good a level he played at when he was a player. 

38 minutes ago, CapitalDiamond said:

The club like to keep their comms in house so I think any updates are likely to come through the official channel rather than an interview with me. 

Thanks, but I was alluding to the fans liaison group. Just interested on any activity to date.

The Edinburgh Evening News are seemingly reporting that Megwa "has returned from his loan spell at Airdrieonians and is keen to make an impact." 🙄

Edit to add the full article from yesterday afternoon alludes to the Hibs manager being undecided and weighing up his options, Megwa is interviewed by the paper and he says will just have to wait and see what happens, so sounds as if it's still all up in the air. 

Edited by Diamonds Are Red

2 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Thanks, but I was alluding to the fans liaison group. Just interested on any activity to date.

Fair point, I’ve dropped a message to David Allan, who I assume is also on here?

Historically when I’ve asked to speak with Managers/the Club, that’s been politely declined other than when Stuart Millar was DoF. They want to put comms out through DTV and the Website. 

I guess the fan liaison committee sits somewhere between the club and the fans so if they want to discuss on the podcast then I’m happy to pull something together.

4 hours ago, CapitalDiamond said:

latest podcast is up. 

Thanks to Emma, Sean and Colin for coming on. 

Good listen as usual folks,   just want to add to a point made by Emma a pretty damning statistic that our midfielders Frizzell, Telfer, McMaster, Aiken, etc have not managed to find the net in 20 league games this season,    We have 19 overall and lack of goals could eventually be our downfall,  I would think on average you would be expecting 12 to 15 goals a season from your midfielders....  They on the whole have performed admirably this season, with Telfer continuing to be the pick of the bunch.    Hopefully this will be addressed moving forward. 

2 hours ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

The Edinburgh Evening News are seemingly reporting that Megwa "has returned from his loan spell at Airdrieonians and is keen to make an impact." 🙄

Edit to add the full article from yesterday afternoon alludes to the Hibs manager being undecided and weighing up his options, Megwa is interviewed by the paper and he says will just have to wait and see what happens, so sounds as if it's still all up in the air. 

Couldn’t tell you the last time I felt so shitty about losing a player. 

32 minutes ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Fair point, I’ve dropped a message to David Allan, who I assume is also on here?

Historically when I’ve asked to speak with Managers/the Club, that’s been politely declined other than when Stuart Millar was DoF. They want to put comms out through DTV and the Website. 

I guess the fan liaison committee sits somewhere between the club and the fans so if they want to discuss on the podcast then I’m happy to pull something together.

Thanks again.

27 minutes ago, Mr November said:

That’s it confirmed. Doesn’t sound like there’s much chance of him returning either.

Mission accomplished by all concerned,  Hibs for sending him out on loan to get experience and Airdrie for giving him the platform on a competitive environment,  that's the way loan players are supposed to work...   Good luck to the lad..

Now Airdrie let's not pine for a lost love, there are players to be signed and football to be played....

Onwards and upwards

33 minutes ago, Mr November said:

That’s it confirmed. Doesn’t sound like there’s much chance of him returning either.

Do you think they'll notice if we send Josh O'Connor back instead?

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

Mission accomplished by all concerned,  Hibs for sending him out on loan to get experience and Airdrie for giving him the platform on a competitive environment,  that's the way loan players are supposed to work...   Good luck to the lad..

Now Airdrie let's not pine for a lost love, there are players to be signed and football to be played....

Onwards and upwards

Better to have loved and lost.... Etc

Dissapointed but not surprised Megwa has gone, agree with what @Passionatesaid, been a success for everyone. It does mean however that we are now weaker than at the start of the window when other teams are stregnthening so need at least a couple in now I would say.