Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

6 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Fall out,would think they had a few fall outs and arguments over the season ,maybe just time to move on with Dycey being replaced by ATS ,just a thought,

More than likely mate just what I heard don’t know if was anything in it 

Can sign me up for the 'something seems a bit off' with Dycey leaving at this point, but no point speculating without any idea.

Looking forward, we've needed to properly recruit in that area for 3 seasons now. McCabe played virtually a full-season there under Murray, ATS played most of last season there, and then this season ATS, McCabe, Ballantyne and Janny all took turns. It's testament to Fordyce's ability and experience that he's basically had converted midfielders and full-backs playing along side him the last 3 years and we've still been succesful, and he's been excellent. I hope this forces us to properly recruit in this area and stop relying on temporary fixes.

Posted (edited)

Feels like a boot in the baws to lose our best centre back especially when he is one we expected to be around with Rhys till they moved on together down the line. 

I have faith in the manager 100% but it made me really think that there is no guarantee we keep a hold of anyone right now and the unknown is more worrying than knowing and planning ahead. 

This season was unreal but I can’t help feel anxious and uneasy over what’s to come the next few weeks. For a good few seasons it was “who can we bring in”. Right now it’s “f**k who could be away next”. Strange feeling and one I’m certainly not used to. 

Edited by diamond_for_life

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sparkys dream said:

Had been told that Seemingly him and Rhys had a fall out after last game of season don’t know if any truth in it 

Heard the same, Raith bound now.

Edited by AJ77

2 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

This would make sense, maybe signed him on the basis of Raith not achieving promotion which was confirmed today

Yeah, just literally posted the same thing on the Raith thread. Seems too much of a coincidence.

Anyway, so much for me not speculating...

3 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

If we were to sign Fordyce what kind of CH are we getting. We need physicality at the back, we are too soft at losing cheap goals. 

You'd be getting a guy that would header his granny out the way if he had too. He's solid, can tackle and reads the game well but his pace lacks a bit and isn't going to improve. 

We will miss him but I'm far from joining the mood on here that it spells disaster for the club. If there has been a falling out then no player is bigger than the club and the manager has final say. 

Sad but still onwards and upwards and best of luck Dycey. 

42 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

Feels like a boot in the baws to lose our best centre back especially when he is one we expected to be around with Rhys till they moved on together down the line. 

I have faith in the manager 100% but it made me really think that there is no guarantee we keep a hold of anyone right now and the unknown is more worrying than knowing and planning ahead. 

This season was unreal but I can’t help feel anxious and uneasy over what’s to come the next few weeks. For a good few seasons it was “who can we bring in”. Right now it’s “f**k who could be away next”. Strange feeling and one I’m certainly not used to. 

To be fair it felt like that when Murray left as well, and it didn't turn out too badly. 

He'll be hard to replace.  This is a blow, no sense trying to put a gloss on that.  Big boots to fill for whoever takes that centre back berth for next season.

21 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

If we were to sign Fordyce what kind of CH are we getting. We need physicality at the back, we are too soft at losing cheap goals. 

He’s great unless he’s up against Anton Dowds. 

9 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

You'd be getting a guy that would header his granny out the way if he had too. He's solid, can tackle and reads the game well but his pace lacks a bit and isn't going to improve. 

We will miss him but I'm far from joining the mood on here that it spells disaster for the club. If there has been a falling out then no player is bigger than the club and the manager has final say. 

Sad but still onwards and upwards and best of luck Dycey. 

Murray will be going round the clubs trying to take their best players,aye a lot of good individual players sitting on the bench ,He seemed well out his depth yesterday ,getting them to play as a team is beyond him ,

11 hours ago, sparkys dream said:

More than likely mate just what I heard don’t know if was anything in it 

Scenario:- Fordyce and Rhys have a fallout or difference of opinion after the Thistle game, Fordyce gets on the blower to Murray, a conversation is had and the conclusion is that he will sign for Raith as a player coach should they not be promoted - Murray realises his team's weakness and Fordyce is the answer...

Fast forward to yesterday - Raith lose the play offs, it's a done deal in the afternoon hence the timing of it...incoming announcement from Raith. 

Or, all that's just speculative BS - he's off to Stirling Albion, EK or somewhere else as player manager. 

Or, all that's just speculative BS - he's...🤔😒🙄🫖☕

My concern here is that last summer, it was clear that we had only one recognised centre back in Fordyce. The fans could see it, and surely Rhys could see it. He simply had to be looking for a back-up centre back all summer and found none. I don't feel that there are an abundance of players in this position of the quality of Dycey, he is going to be hard to replace, and ideally we need two, not just one.

1 hour ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

Scenario:- Fordyce and Rhys have a fallout or difference of opinion after the Thistle game, Fordyce gets on the blower to Murray, a conversation is had and the conclusion is that he will sign for Raith as a player coach should they not be promoted - Murray realises his team's weakness and Fordyce is the answer...

Fast forward to yesterday - Raith lose the play offs, it's a done deal in the afternoon hence the timing of it...incoming announcement from Raith. 

Or, all that's just speculative BS - he's off to Stirling Albion, EK or somewhere else as player manager. 

Or, all that's just speculative BS - he's...🤔😒🙄🫖☕

Or him and Rhys had a fallout because he had already signed a precontract with Raith...

If he does go to Raith don't grudge him the chance to make some money, he's a big loss and not on I was expecting to move but plenty tme to find a replacement.

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Murray will be going round the clubs trying to take their best players,aye a lot of good individual players sitting on the bench ,He seemed well out his depth yesterday ,getting them to play as a team is beyond him ,

Looks like they are also in the market for a RB. Hopefully not Ballantyne or Megwa!

12 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Might have to change your name to Airdriexxxxss