Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

19 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

It's disappointing to see him go to them, but once you've gone ,it's no longer of interest to me. 

No welcome from me ,Money talks but not a nice feeling Dycey leaving; but going to Raith makes it worse ,

From what I’ve heard it seems there was issues behind the scenes but that’s now no longer the case that Fordyce has left….

1 minute ago, AJ77 said:

From what I’ve heard it seems there was issues behind the scenes but that’s now no longer the case that Fordyce has left….

What sort of issues?

2 minutes ago, AB1974 said:

What sort of issues?

Don’t know in’s and outs but there seemed to be an underlying issue of some sort.

It speaks volumes when Fordyce is announced leaving one day and McCabe is announced staying the next.

32 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I would not be surprised if he is not interested in Frizzell, Telfer, Todorov or Ballantyne,  I would say any or all would improve that Raith side,    Airdrie pressure getting cranked up,  you have made at least 4 times the prize money than recent seasons, if you want to repeat , we need to spend...    

Speculate to accumulate and all that..

Our model is quite clear that most of our signings are going to be young guys released from bigger clubs and hope to develop them but that will be difficult to achieve consistently. 

A little concerning that the experienced players you mention above haven't yet extended their contracts and hope that's due to holidays but we live in a digital age these days so it really shouldn't be an issue. Totally get that most players are contracted until the end of this week so I wouldn't expect new signings until after then. 

3 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Don’t know in’s and outs but there seemed to be an underlying issue of some sort.

It speaks volumes when Fordyce is announced leaving one day and McCabe is announced staying the next.

I think Fordyce's leaving statement said a lot, he thanked Stuart Millar & Paul Hetherington but no mention of the manager.

11 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

I think Fordyce's leaving statement said a lot, he thanked Stuart Millar & Paul Hetherington but no mention of the manager.

I absolutely clocked this as well.

If there has been a falling out better to knock it in the head and not let it fester going through a new season. Fordyce has a big role as assistant manager, ex-captain and one of the most experience player and should be setting an example to the core of the young squad… ie not falling out with the manager.

11 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

I absolutely clocked this as well.

If there has been a falling out better to knock it in the head and not let it fester going through a new season. Fordyce has a big role as assistant manager, ex-captain and one of the most experience player and should be setting an example to the core of the young squad… ie not falling out with the manager.

Yip, it's over now and move on.

7 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Is the boy that’s being a seething mess on X, demanding Fordyce to be removed from your hall of fame, a poster on here?

Probably the same guy who red dotted me for breaking the news that Fordyce had signed for us

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

I would not be surprised if he is not interested in Frizzell, Telfer, Todorov or Ballantyne,  I would say any or all would improve that Raith side,    Airdrie pressure getting cranked up,  you have made at least 4 times the prize money than recent seasons, if you want to repeat , we need to spend...    

Speculate to accumulate and all that..

Very much doubt Todorov will come to us after the whole Davidson situation the other 3 might as those are positions we may need if the rumours of the players are supposed to be leaving us plus we have no full backs signed yet well maybe 1 but not been announced yet 

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

Disappointing yes, but I believe the rumours of the fall out are indeed true.

Well that's a disappointing end to his Airdrie career if that's the case, and even more so that they are related. 

I genuinely thought the two of them had the basis of a successful partnership going forward along the lines of what Owen Coyle and Sandy Stewart have done together. Lots of potential for them...not to be.

Posted (edited)

No grudge with Fordyce signing for Raith. Sad if there has been a fallout. And it sounds like that is the case. But if that is the case then it’s unfeasible he stays and, that being the case, he has to go with the best offer available to him. If that is/was Raith then so be it. Won’t wish Raith well against us of course but I won’t wish Fordyce ill either. Instrumental in where we are right now as a club. 

Edited by airdrieman

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Fwiw, if Easton is off to a top flight club, Frizzell is a natural successor for him at Stark's just like he was for Airdrie before. 

Wouldn't surprise me