Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

2 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Maybe… and hear me out here… that there are no departures to announce?

There’ll be a couple, not sure what’s happening with Hemfrey or Dunlop (not that anyone will be overly fussed) but as far as I’m aware Gabby McGill won’t be offered a new deal, and has someone said earlier Josh rae seems to be certain to leave as well.

10 hours ago, AJ77 said:

There’ll be a couple, not sure what’s happening with Hemfrey or Dunlop (not that anyone will be overly fussed) but as far as I’m aware Gabby McGill won’t be offered a new deal, and has someone said earlier Josh rae seems to be certain to leave as well.

Heard Raith were potentially looking at Gabby 

23 minutes ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Heard Raith were potentially looking at Gabby 

I think he had a bit of interest with them and Thistle last summer but we really pushed the boat out to keep him for another year, going to assume he might be one of our higher earners considering the season he had the year before last. If he is one of the highest earners would make sense to cut ties as he's far too injury prone, which is a shame been a real fan of him when he has been 100%.

9 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

He seems to have good reviews but he’s under contract so we’d need to pay a decent fee

2 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

He seems to have good reviews but he’s under contract so we’d need to pay a decent fee

Says he only signed a one year contract in 2023, unless i've missed an extension during the season? Seems a solid enough signing on paper, i'm sure McCabe and Co will have done plenty of homework on him.

10 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Says he only signed a one year contract in 2023, unless i've missed an extension during the season? Seems a solid enough signing on paper, i'm sure McCabe and Co will have done plenty of homework on him.

Yeah signed an extension this year

IMG_3950.png

28 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

It looks like we are preparing to 'push the boat out' this season on getting a regular goalscorer in if we are 'preparing to launch a bid'. 

Think this is the correct decision as we were struggling to score goals last season.

Screenshot_20240604_134142_Chrome.jpg

The defence last season was, if prone to silly mistakes from time to time, generally very solid.  While it won't be easy to replicate that minus Fordyce, if we can build on that solidity and add a cutting edge up front, we'll be doing well.  Maintain what you're doing well, add some quality where you need to improve and things will generally get better.

38 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I'd heard there were a couple of "lads from NI" being looked at but no names. Certainly looks like he fits the mould.

We're due another striker having a wonder season.

Aidan Wilson is another who's on Consiloums books who plays for Glentoran, centre half which we could be doing with.

34 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

It looks like we are preparing to 'push the boat out' this season on getting a regular goalscorer in if we are 'preparing to launch a bid'. 

Think this is the correct decision as we were struggling to score goals last season.

Screenshot_20240604_134142_Chrome.jpg

These are the types of rumours we love to see 🙌♦️

48 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

I had a dream last night that we signed Shankland - that's my contribution to ITK rumours :D

Also about as likely happen as the average Airdrie ITK rumour to be fair.