Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

1 hour ago, AJ77 said:

I don't think it was ever in the making, wasn't in a rush to make a decision of where to sign and high wages put McCabe off. Got enough midfielders now.

Centre half still the priority at the moment, can't see any other signings bar one more.

This has aged like milk. 

12 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

I suspect this will be Mochrie. I'd quite like to have seen him at Pars but I was never convinced he was going to sign, mostly because I don't think his position is a priority at the moment and as such, he'll likely not be a regular starter. So fully expecting him to end up at Airdrie.

👍👏And he has. 

Happy with Mochrie. I’m not sure we really needed a technically good midfielder as a priority but he’s better than a lot of our current players and can also play in a few different positions, so seems a good signing. Is that us up to 14 Consilium players in the current squad?

Nah fairplay good signing imo, things have obviously changed boys i know are usually spot on and a couple of weeks ago this deal certainly didn't look like happening and with the amount of midfielders we have I didn't think it would either. 

Please don't put me in the same bracket as that Dundee utd fan lol, I'm aloud one wrong!!

Just now, AJ77 said:

Please don't put me in the same bracket as that Dundee utd fan 

No danger there. There's levels to the game, he can't even work grammar long enough to whip up a coherent username.

Pleased with the Mochrie signing. Think he will fit our squad and style very well and he can cover various positions which will be handy as, looking at the squad, I’m not sure there’s an obvious shape or formation we’re going to play atm. I wonder if he’ll be seen as more of a forward than a midfielder? I think we could do with some more firepower or depth upfront so I wouldn’t be against that. 

Centre-half now please. 

Fiver to anyone who'll be able to predict our first 11 against EK next Tuesday, big up the board for pushing the boat out and backing McCabe after a great season last year.

Clearly just staying in the division going forward isn't the aim, evident that we're looking to go up another level.

BAWS. Big sweaty hairy and foosty BAWS. I hoped (all be it against hope) that we would land him. 
Fair play though. I’m sure you’ll be delighted with that signing 

1 minute ago, AJ77 said:

Fiver to anyone who'll be able to predict our first 11 against EK next Tuesday, big up the board for pushing the boat out and backing McCabe after a great season last year.

Clearly just staying in the division going forward isn't the aim, evident that we're looking to go up another level.

I think we’ll see a bit of rotation over the four games while McCabe figures out the best combinations. I think there’s about 16 players who you could make a strong argument for as starters, plus guys like Wright, Gallagher, Reid, an injured McStravick etc.

I do think it’s been a bit too much change at the one time but I’m really excited to see the new team and how it all comes together.

7 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

I'd like to see Mochrie as our most advanced midfielder, maybe just behind the striker.

Midfield now heavy therefore could Gallagher be another sent out on loan? Still a centre back required for me.