Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

Just now, A Diamond For Me said:

I've no idea if Agyemang's parents came to the UK as refugees or not, but whether or not that applies in his case, we all know how purportedly anti-refugee rhetoric very quickly and inevitably generalises to hostility to people of colour and Muslims, and we've people of colour and Muslims who come to our games every week.  What must they feel when they see that flag? 

A Pakistani friend of mine lived in England at the time of the Brexit vote, and the day after it he was walking down the street minding his own business when someone shouted at him that "we voted to get rid of Muslims".  It would have made no difference to explain that there was no such option on the ballot, or that he is in fact a Christian, as far as this person was concerned that general nationalistic hostility of ethnic/religious groups he didn't like could be generalised ad infinitum.  I don't want that happening at our games and our fans and club should absolutelty be opposing it.

Yeah, exactly - the boats stuff is just the starting point to what the flag truly represents. 

7 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Has Macdonald won you over 😉

Can't have enough good players is my view.

No to be honest, he played well and is a decent prospect,  we have been on the front foot on most games, can he defend, he was caught hopelessly out of position against Aberdeen albeit not helped by McMaster that night,  Friday will be a massive test...   

But if Megwa was available I would bite your hand off for him

8 minutes ago, Passionate said:

No to be honest, he played well and is a decent prospect,  we have been on the front foot on most games, can he defend, he was caught hopelessly out of position against Aberdeen albeit not helped by McMaster that night,  Friday will be a massive test...   

But if Megwa was available I would bite your hand off for him

Megwa as opposed to out and out centre back? He could easily play in a back 3 and is excellent in the air,

34 minutes ago, Passionate said:

So any word on the new centre half that was supposed to be coming in,   McCabe was outstanding yesterday, but wouldn't be as confident going down to Ayr on Friday up against Dowds and Oakley...

Also,  if the chance came to resign Megwa would you take it, or are Macdonald and Watson more than adequate .

Wouldn’t be surprised if Megwa ended up playing centre half for us. A few Hibs guys I work with said to me when he joined last season that he was just as comfortable in the centre as he is out on the right.

If I am remembering correctly Megwa was originally touted as a central defender. How about playing him as the required centre half. That will give us his strength in the tackle and speed at the back. It also addresses his lack of assists going forward and would help with his development as a player.  Macdonald has shown enough to hold down his position and hopefully he is always at that level.

Edited by Diamonds on the Windshield

45 minutes ago, Diamonds on the Windshield said:

If I am remembering correctly Megwa was originally touted as a central defender. How about playing him as the required centre half. That will give us his strength in the tackle and speed at the back. It also addresses his lack of assists going forward and would help with his development as a player.  Macdonald has shown enough to hold down his position and hopefully he is always at that level.

Was thinking about this, if Megwa did come back could he play centre half in a  back 3 of Watson/McCabe, Wilson and Megwa, with Hancock and McD as wing backs...how we played for longs spells last season.  Would allow Megwa to get forward on occasion with McDonald tucking in if necessary 🤔 

6 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Murray gone!

Suspect others will laugh at this but I’ll always have a lot of time for Murray. McCabe has literally taken us to a different level but that wouldn’t have been possible without the foundations Murray left. Also, I’ll no longer be as confident that we’ll beat Raith!

5 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Also, I’ll no longer be as confident that we’ll beat Raith!

Ditto this. Murray's total intransigence on how he played made his easy meat for Rhys, suspect that might not be the case going forward.

1 minute ago, Kenny_m said:

He seemed a bit bitter and made strange comments during his post match interview yesterday.

Yeah, it was a a weird watch. He looked raging. Wonder if it's ballooned after that and he's had a go at the team/board.

1 minute ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

I’ve got a bad feeling.

Rhys would genuinely need his head examined if he went for that as his next job. Plus Dycey is there and they are not on the best of terms of rumours are to be believed.

Edited by cb_diamond

Expect them to make an approach for McCabe but don’t imagine it will come to much if rumours of McCabe and Fordyce’s fall out are to be believed. McCabe also prefers a young squad clearly and knows how to get the best out of them, which is not at all what the Rovers have.

Really surprised by the news and feel for Murray. They were really poor yesterday but that seems very harsh.

7 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Rhys would genuinely need his head examined if he went for that as his next job. Plus Dycey is there and they are not on the best of terms of rumours are to be believed.

Fordyce “falls out with McCabe”, goes to Raith to scope it out… boof, McCabe & Fordyce back together as a duo.

Just now, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Fordyce “falls out with McCabe”, goes to Raith to scope it out… boof, McCabe & Fordyce back together as a duo.

I honestly believe that Rhys's next move is much further up the food chain.

3 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Deep state championship edition...

Think About It GIF by Big Potato Games

1 hour ago, Diamond8 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Megwa ended up playing centre half for us. A few Hibs guys I work with said to me when he joined last season that he was just as comfortable in the centre as he is out on the right.

Wouldn't be surprised if announced Imminent 🤣🤣