US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

He’s been getting told for weeks to go out on to the debate stage and stick to policy.  He’s incapable of doing it and anyone who thinks he’d do it if he gets another shot is seriously deluded.

Everyone knows the definition of insanity.

If he spoke about policy then he might attract votes from people who like his policies even if they don't like him.

He is not interested in them.  This is all one big ego trip.  They can GTF.

This is interesting.  Given the closeness of the race 4% is huge; even half of that is significant.

IMG_0055.thumb.jpeg.cfa2aa48d6961bcbfa5b3e84ba99e49d.jpeg

I really cannot see many of that 4% having been swayed by Trump so I’m assuming the vast majority are folk now voting for Harris.

We can only hope.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They should do a remake of The Odd Couple, Biden playing Jack Lemmon, Trump Walter Matthau, both whining about that woman who stitched them up.

There was a Dubya sitcom in the States while he was president - dunno if it made it over here. I think the South Park boys were involved, and 9/11 killed any chance of more episodes being made as it became almost treasonous to criticise or mock him in the aftermath. Such a sea change as even the Republicans seemed to think he was a moron until then.

That's being very kind about the reason for cancellation though; it was f**king shite. There were a lot of godawful sitcoms over there at the time, but that was through the bottom of the barrel.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I really cannot see many of that 4% having been swayed by Trump so I’m assuming the vast majority are folk now voting for Harris.

We can only hope.

You never know. There might be a big slice of that 4% who'd no idea that she had tits and was brown, so now they're voting for the one who has tits and is orange.

Can't say it would be a massive surprise.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

I genuinely didn't understand that part, like my brain just switched off for a minute. It felt like he just rattled off a few buzzwords of things that he didn't like/understand.

Just watching that back. What a wild couple of minutes. Starting with "my dad was a Brooklyn builder" to describe a man who worked in his parents' real-estate business was a hilarious enough start.

Are you sure he wasn't a toolmaker like Starmer's auld man, because he certainly produced one in The Donald.

22 minutes ago, BFTD said:

You never know. There might be a big slice of that 4% who'd no idea that she had tits and was brown, so now they're voting for the one who has tits and is orange.

Can't say it would be a massive surprise.

You’re a ‘glass half empty’ sort of guy, aren’t you?

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re a ‘glass half empty’ sort of guy, aren’t you?

More of an "it doesn't matter how much is in the glass because we'll all be dead soon anyway" kind of guy.

45 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This is interesting.  Given the closeness of the race 4% is huge; even half of that is significant.

IMG_0055.thumb.jpeg.cfa2aa48d6961bcbfa5b3e84ba99e49d.jpeg

We can only hope.

The second from the bottom category is probably more significant than the bottom, which is within the margin of error. Out of the 14% a few might change their minds after talking to friends, seeing ads etc.

The VP's debate won't be a slam dunk. Vance actually does what Peter Thiel's boys tell him, and will be well trained, unlike Trump. The folksy small town football coach spiel from Walz might not be enough.

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The VP's debate won't be a slam dunk. Vance actually does what Peter Thiel's boys tell him, and will be well trained, unlike Trump. The folksy small town football coach spiel from Walz might not be enough.

Looking forward to Vance taking him to task about all these murdered babies we keep hearing about  :angry:

How did the eating pets thing even start? I'm thinking there are several possibilities:

1. Haitian migrants are actually eating the locals' cats & dogs.
  2. Someone ate a cat or a dog, but it had nothing to do with migrants.
  3. Nobody ate anything and it's all completely made up.

Struggling to see past option 3 here.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Looking forward to Vance taking him to task about all these murdered babies we keep hearing about  :angry:

He's much better than Trump at switching the conversation.

1 minute ago, Zetterlund said:

How did the eating pets thing even start? I'm thinking there are several possibilities:

Somebody said a duck had gone missing from a pond, and social media latched on.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Somebody said a duck had gone missing from a pond, and social media latched on.

Duck's pretty tasty TBF. I've only had pigeon once, but I remember it being good too.

Maybe these imaginary imergants are on to something; I bet imaginary dog is tasty as f**k.

24 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Somebody went to a baseball game and was offered a hot dog for the first time in their life.

They asked what was in it and told "don't ask."