US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

43 minutes ago, BFTD said:

They play right into Greene's hands by freaking out when she comes out with this stuff. That's the reaction she's after.

Just pass a motion that she's a horse-faced cuntress and move on.

For as bad as things are in the UK I don’t think we produce anything as bad a Greene and her cohorts.

Has Congress passed one piece of positive legislation that she has supported?

Every single thing she does is negative and petty.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

For as bad as things are in the UK I don’t think we produce anything as bad a Greene and her cohorts.

Let's not get too hasty - we tend to march about five to ten years behind the Americans in terms of political trends, so there's plenty of time still to go.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I reckon popular fascism and conspiratorial thinking will still be on the rise for a good while yet; we could well have out own wave of entitled fuckwits like MTG gaining support when nobody's pleased by five years of Labour doing nothing.

39 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Let's not get too hasty - we tend to march about five to ten years behind the Americans in terms of political trends, so there's plenty of time still to go.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I reckon popular fascism and conspiratorial thinking will still be on the rise for a good while yet; we could well have out own wave of entitled fuckwits like MTG gaining support when nobody's pleased by five years of Labour doing nothing.

PM - Farage

Deputy PM - Mogg

Secretary of State for Public Executions - 30p Lee.

On 18/05/2024 at 06:43, Granny Danger said:

Last I saw was Jan of 2023, where she had sponsored or co-sponsored 213 pieces of legislation and 4 had passed. She’s usually in her district talking up funding that it gets despite having voted against it. Positive legislation by MTG…seems a contradiction, as the average Republican vote on her amendments is roughly 200-20 against.

MTG seems like someone who would draft some completely insane legislation like mandating anti-tank weapons in every classroom or a firing range in every kindergarten, before looking all confused when even the next most mental Republicans just look at her shaking their heads (those ones might get a few votes, tbf).

5 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

MTG seems like someone who would draft some completely insane legislation like mandating anti-tank weapons in every classroom or a firing range in every kindergarten, before looking all confused when even the next most mental Republicans just look at her shaking their heads (those ones might get a few votes, tbf).

Drafting legislation to prevent florists from operating within 500 yards of a kindergarten, then spending six months raging that the liberals aren't supporting your bill because they've got something to hide about why their florists keep opening up near kindergartens, culminating in a viral meltdown about how Dutch tulip growers are firing plant spores into the atmosphere from the top of their windmills. At kindergartens.

If none of that gets you on the news, smear shit on your face and scream abuse at the sun during the Superbowl half-time show.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Drafting legislation to prevent florists from operating within 500 yards of a kindergarten, then spending six months raging that the liberals aren't supporting your bill because they've got something to hide about why their florists keep opening up near kindergartens, culminating in a viral meltdown about how Dutch tulip growers are firing plant spores into the atmosphere from the top of their windmills. At kindergartens.

If none of that gets you on the news, smear shit on your face and scream abuse at the sun during the Superbowl half-time show.

The pathway to my Congressional run has just been made clear.

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The pathway to my Congressional run has just been made clear.

It’s depressingly near correct, as long as you choose the correct shite to toss. The sad part is the UK is following this same path. In the last Congressional (House) election, 36 of 435 seats were determined by a margin 5% or less. In the last General election, 67 of 650 seats were determined by 5% or less. So, while the UK has both more competitive seats, and a somewhat more fluid voter loyalty (likely due to a larger choice of parties that can actually win a seat), it’s getting worse.

In both cases, the obscene results of entrenched constituencies is the party, and its most radical supporters, often effectively determines the representative for an area (due to the mindless voting of the majority of the voters) simply by naming its candidate.

Let’s take Ms. Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Body as an example. She rules represents Georgia 14, which MTG won in 2022 by 65.9% to 34.1%(170,162 to 88,189)., down from her 74.7% win in 2020. This district generally leans Republican by about 20-25%, so once MTG get the moonhowler vote in the Primary election (the turnout for the Primary was 25-33% of the General), the average Joe voter has no choice except vote for the nut job Republican or that communist Democrat. Those election results say that perhaps 10-15% of Republican voters have bailed on their party, but she’s still not threatened. Hence the shite we see being flung.

I know her mouth's a malfunctioning t-shirt cannon loaded with jobbies, but I'm still a bit amazed at Greene deciding to lay into anyone's appearance. It would be like me ripping into Channing Tatum for being a hairy-backed chunker.

(hopefully Channing Tatum is still shorthand for male hotness)

On 29/05/2024 at 08:16, Freedom Farter said:

Screenshot_20240529_135657_Chrome.jpg.b0ea8b45c3b4e79b7d5f5f21b13ecc50.jpg

(https://archive.ph/yHoyn)

Saudi already functions as a terminal for US military-industrial output. The attempt here is to integrate Saudi further still. All paid for with the tax contributions of working people.

Unlikely to be a vote winner.

Not about votes, but about Africa.

The U.S. needs to disengage from the Middle East in order to refocus on Africa (because, resources). To do that, they want Israel and Saudi Arabia allied as the counterweight to Iran in the neighborhood. It pays the Saudi's via security assurances versus Iran, on the old "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" approach. Israel gets a (financially) heavy-hitting Arab "friend".

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not about votes, but about Africa.

The U.S. needs to disengage from the Middle East in order to refocus on Africa (because, resources). To do that, they want Israel and Saudi Arabia allied as the counterweight to Iran in the neighborhood. It pays the Saudi's via security assurances versus Iran, on the old "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" approach. Israel gets a (financially) heavy-hitting Arab "friend".

I put in my original comment it won't be a vote winner but I don't think it'll be a vote loser either. So I agree, it won't affect votes. If Americans didn't begin hating Saudi after 9/11 then they're never going to. I think its unlikely foreign policy in general will be a decisive factor for this upcoming election. We know plenty of folk are invested in what's happening in eg. Ukraine and Gaza, and there are associated grievances. Yet I'd be very surprised if that altered voting enough to actually impact the election outcome.

On 29/05/2024 at 04:38, Freedom Farter said:

Delusion and stupidity to add to the bloodlust she proudly displayed yesterday. 

This is who the democrats and the media would have you believe is the moderate face of the republican party 

15 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

This is who the democrats and the media would have you believe is the moderate face of the republican party 

Aye, that was why I felt it was something relevant to this thread. Haley is championed by folk who use words like "respectable" to describe their politics and that really needs challenged. 

A mixture of reactions to Trump and reactions to the Russian invasion of Ukraine has seen the rehabilitation of figures like David Frum and Bill Kristol. Even John Bolton is a good guy now too.

Madness.

34 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

It is...let that sink in, she is a moderate as mainstream Republican's get these days. Any to the left of that and you're a Centrist, RINO, who may as well forget running in a Republican primary.

I was kidding about voting for Cthulhu a few days ago, but the Republicans are right there with the spiralling quasi-religious insanity and the active pursuit of mankind's destruction in the name of a bizarre-looking living God.