US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

f**k me lads. I’m firmly on the democrat side of the aisle, but Biden’s done. If the most recent video wasn’t enough, the almost daily leaks from within his own camp about his ineptitude. Bring back Obama 

7 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

f**k me lads. I’m firmly on the democrat side of the aisle, but Biden’s done. If the most recent video wasn’t enough, the almost daily leaks from within his own camp about his ineptitude. Bring back Obama 

Are you referring to the cropped video? 

Current polling response rates are down to about 5% (down 20+% from the 90’s), causing polling companies to research training AI and use in place of human respondents. Problem, the model was trained on political views through about 2010, and while reasonably accurate, the Conservative AI was pro-Ukraine and the Liberal one was pacifist…

On the Biden soiling himself, that’s simply a take issued by Reich-wing Twitter/X without proof, and is unlikely as he was delivering a coherent speech a minute later. It’s just like the cropped video above, being pushed as simple lies, using a manipulated video.

The debate rules will make it very clear who is competent…Trump is reportedly going to focus on “big ideas” and “one-liners”, so no facts. Biden is doing standard prep, but will undoubtably miss his usual notes. The reality is this one plays to Biden, with decades of policy experience, while Trump has shown a newfound tendency to ramble even more.

Predictions:

-Trump will yell to try to interrupt Biden’s responses because his mic got cut off. He’ll get mad, and will claim to have deliberately “lost” the debate so the Democrats keep Biden.

-Biden will do OK, but will bounce around a  bit without notes.

-Trump’s team has a hard task…with 2 minutes to fill, plus a 1 minute response…or a 1 minute rebuttal…they have to give Trump enough to say so he doesn’t decide to free-lance about sharks, batteries, big beautiful buildings, and such.

-No cognitive test will be done, because Trump won’t agree to it, claiming the doctor is biased even if the Biden camp agreed to it.

34 minutes ago, sophia said:

It's amazing how often the Biden dementia videos turn out to have been doctored. Meanwhile his opponent is recorded rambling incoherently on a daily basis. I suppose it doesn't get as much traction because that's just how he's always been.

In theory it shouldn't do either of them any harm, considering that it was well known that Ronald Reagan genuinely suffered from the effects of dementia for much of his time in the White House and is still massively popular with half of the population.

3 hours ago, sophia said:

No im referring to the video at the LA fundraiser two days ago. Also - the one where he almost kisses the pope is a bit disconcerting.

Come on lads, he might not be at Trump levels of shitfuckery yet but to try and paint him as anything less than declining and increasingly incompetent is disingenuous. 

2 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

No im referring to the video at the LA fundraiser two days ago. Also - the one where he almost kisses the pope is a bit disconcerting.

Come on lads, he might not be at Trump levels of shitfuckery yet but to try and paint him as anything less than declining and increasingly incompetent is disingenuous. 

The doddery old c**t versus the revengeful, lying, cheating, dangerous, grifting psychopath (who is also a doddery old c**t).

Not a tough call imo.

25 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The doddery old c**t versus the revengeful, lying, cheating, dangerous, grifting psychopath (who is also a doddery old c**t).

Not a tough call imo.

Fucking hell. 

Wouldn’t underestimate the doddery old c**t to be fair. He’s partially responsible for the massacre of thousands of Palestinians, after all.

Maybe that’s why the pope didn’t fancy a snog. 

19 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Wouldn’t underestimate the doddery old c**t to be fair. He’s partially responsible for the massacre of thousands of Palestinians, after all.

Maybe that’s why the pope didn’t fancy a snog. 

Yeah the Democrat/Republican response in the U.S.A. to the massacre of Palestinians by Israel is virtually identical to the Labour/Conservative one in the U.K.

53 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah the Democrat/Republican response in the U.S.A. to the massacre of Palestinians by Israel is virtually identical to the Labour/Conservative one in the U.K.

As far as I’m aware neither the conservatives nor Labour invited Bibi to speak in front of the House of Commons like the democrats and republicans invited him to speak to congress. 

4 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

As far as I’m aware neither the conservatives nor Labour invited Bibi to speak in front of the House of Commons like the democrats and republicans invited him to speak to congress. 

No you’re right.  Both the Tories and Labour have condemned the massacre in the most stringent terms.

My bad.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

No you’re right.  Both the Tories and Labour have condemned the massacre in the most stringent terms.

My bad.

The leadership hasn’t but there are members of the Conservative Party ,including in the House of Lords, that have been more critical of the actions of Israel than Joe Biden has. Just let that sink in. 

13 hours ago, TxRover said:

Current polling response rates are down to about 5% (down 20+% from the 90’s), causing polling companies to research training AI and use in place of human respondents. Problem, the model was trained on political views through about 2010, and while reasonably accurate, the Conservative AI was pro-Ukraine and the Liberal one was pacifist…

On the Biden soiling himself, that’s simply a take issued by Reich-wing Twitter/X without proof, and is unlikely as he was delivering a coherent speech a minute later. It’s just like the cropped video above, being pushed as simple lies, using a manipulated video.

The debate rules will make it very clear who is competent…Trump is reportedly going to focus on “big ideas” and “one-liners”, so no facts. Biden is doing standard prep, but will undoubtably miss his usual notes. The reality is this one plays to Biden, with decades of policy experience, while Trump has shown a newfound tendency to ramble even more.

Predictions:

-Trump will yell to try to interrupt Biden’s responses because his mic got cut off. He’ll get mad, and will claim to have deliberately “lost” the debate so the Democrats keep Biden.

-Biden will do OK, but will bounce around a  bit without notes.

-Trump’s team has a hard task…with 2 minutes to fill, plus a 1 minute response…or a 1 minute rebuttal…they have to give Trump enough to say so he doesn’t decide to free-lance about sharks, batteries, big beautiful buildings, and such.

-No cognitive test will be done, because Trump won’t agree to it, claiming the doctor is biased even if the Biden camp agreed to it.

You're kidding yourself on here, do you know anyone with alzheimers/vascular dementia? 

It's a miracle they've still got this Biden stumbling around, The lights are on but there's no fucker at home, it's the look on his face, witnessed it for the past 15 years with my father-in-law.

Thank you.

19 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

You're kidding yourself on here, do you know anyone with alzheimers/vascular dementia? 

It's a miracle they've still got this Biden stumbling around, The lights are on but there's no fucker at home, it's the look on his face, witnessed it for the past 15 years with my father-in-law.

Thank you.

Actually, I got to watch my Step-father taking to pishing in potted plants...and a step-father-in-law spend about two years spiraling down...and a grandmother for five years with senility....so, yes. Thank you for asking.

As for Biden versus Trump, I suspect you are watching a curated series of videos on each if you think Biden is even half as gone as Trump. Neither is an ideal candidate, but one is definitely more Mussolini than Lincoln, and the other is in similar condition to Reagan when he got reelected. It's far from a ringing endorsement, but it is what it is...you lot aren't exactly getting the cream of the crop either.

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Actually, I got to watch my Step-father taking to pishing in potted plants...and a step-father-in-law spend about two years spiraling down...and a grandmother for five years with senility....so, yes. Thank you for asking.

As for Biden versus Trump, I suspect you are watching a curated series of videos on each if you think Biden is even half as gone as Trump. Neither is an ideal candidate, but one is definitely more Mussolini than Lincoln, and the other is in similar condition to Reagan when he got reelected. It's far from a ringing endorsement, but it is what it is...you lot aren't exactly getting the cream of the crop either.

The posters you’re arguing with is a racist apologist so that will colour his outlook.

39 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Fair enough, I respect that, and your opinion.

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The posters you’re arguing with is a racist apologist so that will colour his outlook.

and you're just a moron shouting 'racist' around. No respect for you at all.

Thank you.

Normally you'd say this is a huge boost for Trump, but given that the polls have been as tight as ever, it also suggests equally large numbers of white voters have ditched him.

15 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

Starmer will get round to it yet.

12 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Normally you'd say this is a huge boost for Trump, but given that the polls have been as tight as ever, it also suggests equally large numbers of white voters have ditched him.

AIPAC and Hillary Clinton are doing all they can to unseat Jamaal Bowman in New York just now. The Democratic party fully deserves to lose Black votes.

3 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

AIPAC and Hillary Clinton are doing all they can to unseat Jamaal Bowman in New York just now. The Democratic party fully deserves to lose Black votes.

The Dems have been in self-destruct mode since before Trump was elected the first time around. 

Ever since then they've been doing their best impression of Sideshow Bob with the rakes.

Beating Trump really should be an open goal for anyone competent.