US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

19 minutes ago, Herc said:

DeSantis really is an unpleasant little goon.

If it was a choice between him and Trump then it's Donny all the way I'm afraid.

Yeah, and it was the same with Ted Cruz last time out. The Republican Party appears to be chock full of disturbing fascists.

Without making up fantasies about paedophile Marxists, the worst you can say about the Democrats is that they've plenty of incompetents and self-interested troughers.

19 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Yeah, and it was the same with Ted Cruz last time out. The Republican Party appears to be chock full of disturbing fascists.

Without making up fantasies about paedophile Marxists, the worst you can say about the Democrats is that they've plenty of incompetents and self-interested troughers.

The Democrats are what the Republicans used to be. While the Republicans are lapping up the ideology of the Third Reich. Entertaining times ahead.

2 hours ago, Herc said:

If it was a choice between him and Trump then it's Donny all the way I'm afraid.

I think so too. Firstly, there's nothing Trump did as president that DeSantis wouldn't also do. Then while this idea that Trump is some sort of maverick is vastly overblown, he is less of a yes man than De Santis is. DeSantis would give the most malign elements of Republican Party command everything they want.

Edited by FreedomFarter

2 hours ago, BTFD said:

The Tories seem to have "learned" from the Republicans.  They've got Trump, DeSantis and clowns like Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Robert and Sarah Palin. We've got Badenoch, Braverman, Rees-Mogg, Dorries and 30p Lee.

The proven tactic is to appeal at every opportunity to the more and more right wing, stir up antagonism towards "enemies" that aren't really enemies, talk about fairness to taxpayers while continuing the relentless process of enriching the already wealthy, attack the public sector and trades unions, vilify immigrants, complain about public expenditure, ridicule political opponents, condemn public protests, decry the views of academics, lawyers, professionals, climate scientists and judges. 

If it works, and I wouldn't bet against it, the electorate will be demonstrating how easily they can be persuaded to vote against their own interests. 

... and as for the denials about Brexit, start me not, lest I be started.

On 21/07/2023 at 20:41, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think DeSantis might turn out to be more of a c**t than Trump. Or, at least, a more effective and therefore more dangerous one.

The thing about Trump is that hes a pantomime villain, he doesnt believe in any of the far right shite. He’d have been a democrat if he thought that he had a chance. 
DeSantis is a calculating evil c**t of the highest order. 

3 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

I think so too. Firstly, there's nothing Trump did as president that DeSantis wouldn't also do. Then while this idea that Trump is some sort of maverick is vastly overblown, he is less of a yes man than De Santis is. DeSantis would give the most malign elements of Republican Party command everything they want.

DeSantis is like a prototype for the future of the Republican party. An attempt to fuse the anti-establishment, anti woke, owning the libs vibes of Trump with the more conventional neo-con, slightly libertarian, grey men in grey suits type of Republicanism.

Thankfully, version 1.0 is an unlikeable, off putting wee oddball with zero charisma from Florida. The next effort might be more successful unfortunately.

12 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

"We're going to invade, drop bombs, murder the civilians and raid the very few resources of these defenceless 3rd world countries, all in the aid of an apartheid regime."

Somewhat related, recent Gallup polling shows a majority of Democratic voters now sympathise with Palestinians before Israelis. 

Screenshot_20230806_211004_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.2debb58f773167076feb1f543a15992e.jpg

A very different picture for Republican voters:

Screenshot_20230806_211012_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.4577a549ad501263813958efa4927b5b.jpg

(Source: https://news.gallup.com/poll/472070/democrats-sympathies-middle-east-shift-palestinians.aspx).

5 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

The Tories seem to have "learned" from the Republicans.  They've got Trump, DeSantis and clowns like Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Robert and Sarah Palin. We've got Badenoch, Braverman, Rees-Mogg, Dorries and 30p Lee.

Wow, I'd never have suspected it when he was at Newcastle. 

Thought he was more of a left winger?

50921928-scaled.thumb.jpg.0ca381390f8b4a8355ef18d47ec90ee6.jpg

8 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Somewhat related, recent Gallup polling shows a majority of Democratic voters now sympathise with Palestinians before Israelis. 

Screenshot_20230806_211004_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.2debb58f773167076feb1f543a15992e.jpg

A very different picture for Republican voters:

Screenshot_20230806_211012_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.4577a549ad501263813958efa4927b5b.jpg

(Source: https://news.gallup.com/poll/472070/democrats-sympathies-middle-east-shift-palestinians.aspx).

A cult backing a cult should be no shock to anyone. Shameful that the so called "democratic" voter isn't far closer to 100 in support for Palestine.

DeSantis in "I have grown a backbone" shock...

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/07/politics/ron-desantis-trump-2020-loss/index.html

"Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said “of course” Donald Trump lost the 2020 election, his the most direct comments on the matter in the nearly three years since the former president’s defeat.

“Of course he lost,” DeSantis told NBC News in an interview that aired Sunday. “Joe Biden’s the president.”

The remarks follow DeSantis’ comments on Friday in which he told reporters in Decorah, Iowa, that “theories” put out by the former president and his associates following the 2020 election were “unsubstantiated” and “did not prove to be true.”

He now has the basic structure of a backbone. Hopefully, a functioning central nervous system is next...

On 06/08/2023 at 12:53, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Precisely this.

If I’m going to be force-fed human shit, I at least want the guy doing it to occasionally be quite funny. 

20 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

DeSantis in "I have grown a backbone" shock...

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/07/politics/ron-desantis-trump-2020-loss/index.html

"Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said “of course” Donald Trump lost the 2020 election, his the most direct comments on the matter in the nearly three years since the former president’s defeat.

“Of course he lost,” DeSantis told NBC News in an interview that aired Sunday. “Joe Biden’s the president.”

The remarks follow DeSantis’ comments on Friday in which he told reporters in Decorah, Iowa, that “theories” put out by the former president and his associates following the 2020 election were “unsubstantiated” and “did not prove to be true.”

He now has the basic structure of a backbone. Hopefully, a functioning central nervous system is next...

You might be crediting him where its not due. The last few days he's made other surprisingly reasonable comments, the timing of which is surely a direct result of donor complaints. https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/08/ron-desantis-robert-bigelow-donor-2024-election

6 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

I thought this was a parody, perhaps some clever deep fake stuff going on to make it look and sound like him. Nope. Turns out that reality itself is the parody.

“He’s also helping the kids count by showing how much money he’s setting aside each month for when they’re older, you know, like to pay for therapy”.