Premiership - new strips 2023/24.

7 hours ago, boozyBJ said:

Anyone over the age of 30 that wears a football top should be put on some sort of register

It's quite ironic in the Aberdeen case. A wee skinny racing snake won't do it justice. A man of my stature will look exactly like the night sky from certain angles.

From our thread, posted by Div who in turn got it from someone else, but apparently the image is taken in the shop so if it's a photoshop fake, it's an elaborate one.

stmirren-home-2023.jpg.62eda01ff2cdb15f5

I'll summarise what I said in the St Mirren thread. Not overly keen on the cheques but they aren't in your face, it's pretty safe no JD Sports monstrosity, there are stripes visible on the back but will there be a "back plate" for the numbers? All in all, a bullet dodged. Away top next, presumably red, with cheques. Fingers crossed it's not a nightmare like the Aberdeen away top.

Of the other recent strip launches, Motherwell is totally marmite for me, it's either retro and classic, or it looks a mess. Strangely enough they seemed to have gone half way house but the logo is rank rotten. Might grow on me but if it was a simple yes or no, then it's a no from me, but only just.

Fair play to Hearts, the colours may be boke inducing, but big licks for the charity sponsor. I doubt they are giving it away for free, but it's still a kick in the arse better than some dodgy booze company like their city rivals.

On final note, I am totally of the opinion that if you are an adult, and you are not involved in some sporting activity, then you look an absolute balloon in a football top. However, that pales, utterly pales, into comparison with the complete zoomers I see around Govan. The classic rotund sunburnt Rangers fan, in his 50s, wearing a full kit including shorts and socks, to meander around Asda on a Sunday afternoon. That should be summary execution on the spot, imo.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It is for the word in banking, never seen it for the chessboard pattern.

Is the English language limited to only the words you know? :P

I mean you could just look in the dictionary, see your mistake and not double down here. It's up to you.

Edited by Ric

35 minutes ago, Ric said:

I mean you could just look in the dictionary, see your mistake and not double down here. It's up to you.

You might want to follow your own advice.

3 check /ˈtʃɛk/ noun
plural checks
Britannica Dictionary definition of CHECK
[count]

: a pattern of squares in different colors
  • a fabric with a blue and yellow check
 often used before another noun
  • a check [=checked, checkered] fabric
  • a tablecloth with a check [=checked, checkered] pattern
 compare 2check

51 minutes ago, Squonk said:

You might want to follow your own advice.

:lol:

Hoist by your own petard!

Literally from the very site you cited from:

Spoiler

UpjXXs6.png

Edited by Ric

12 minutes ago, Ric said:

Hoisted by your own petard!

Literally from the very site you cited from:

Reveal hidden contents

UpjXXs6.png

Ok, humble apologies. I should've chequed checked further. I'll cheque check out of this debate at this juncture. In fact, I may well f*ck of to the Check Czech Republic in embarrassment.

2 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Ok, humble apologies. I should've chequed checked further. I'll cheque check out of this debate at this juncture. In fact, I may well f*ck of to the Check Czech Republic in embarrassment.

Btw, it's Czechia not the Czech Republic, do keep up.. :P

I'll not lie, I used cheque not because it's the correct British spelling, but because next to nobody knows that and I knew someone would pull me up about it.. :)

1 minute ago, Swello said:

It's "Hoist".

Sorry.

Don't be sorry, you are totally correct! I'll edit my comment.

As some way of apology for my faux pas (soon to be corrected to 'fox pass' by some wag, no doubt), I will leave you with a Philomena Cunk quote:

“School in Shakespeare’s day and age was vastly different to our own. In fact, it was far easier because he didn’t have to study Shakespeare.”

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

You won't like this, but it's definitely "checked". And that's not an Americanism. 

Well if you say it like that, without any supporting evidence, and putting aside the evidence already shown, how could I fail to believe you?

12 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

This isn’t going down well, what are Adidas doing 🐍

Given that you can only see really small bits of the strip, and given that everyone knows it's going to be green and white hoops, what are the Celtic support so upset about?