Elgin City 23-24

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Given the position Elgin were in when Draper left, handing out a 3 year deal to a manager seems a bit wild.

*Cue Clyde handing out a 3 year deal to someone this week…

It was a 2 year deal. Seems fair, any manager coming in will have wanted something longer than just till the end of the season 

First was never a penalty. There was more of a push in the lead up to the second which was atrocious defending all round. Picked up when we scored and if we keep ourselves in the game longer it might help but overall our defending and decision making at the back is v poor. An example is taking a throw in and throwing it halfway across the field to the centre half in front of his goal. You’d be getting on at a primary school player for doing that. Hopefully we can keep on the coat tails of Clyde and Forfar till Christmas and then pray we can get in a couple of decent players then.

We will see today but for me the loan was absolutely the correct move for him. He flattered to deceive for me. All the pace in the world but rarely took a player on. Hopefully has matured a bit but hasn’t exactly set the heather on fire at Forres, although I believe he was injured for a spell. Shows how short of numbers we are.

Did not see that result coming. What a win! A pretty even first half where McHale kept Elgin in the game and at the other end, Elgin couldn't score. Elgin were the better team in the second half with good play from Draper to set up the first for McEwan. Can't remember Ewen's goal tbh.

A great performance all round from the team, although the 50th birthday boy who chose the MotM, must have been pissed to pick Soapy as I though he was our poorest player. McHale would be my pick, but special mentions to Taylor, McLeman McEwen and Ewen.

The ref was poor and card happy.  

32 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

Did not see that result coming. What a win! A pretty even first half where McHale kept Elgin in the game and at the other end, Elgin couldn't score. Elgin were the better team in the second half with good play from Draper to set up the first for McEwan. Can't remember Ewen's goal tbh.

A great performance all round from the team, although the 50th birthday boy who chose the MotM, must have been pissed to pick Soapy as I though he was our poorest player. McHale would be my pick, but special mentions to Taylor, McLeman McEwen and Ewen.

The ref was poor and card happy.  

Dunno what you see in a player, although not MOM I thought Soapy had a very effective game, his ball retention is sorely missed when he doesn’t play in midfield. Good all round team performance, McEwan had his best game in a long time, McLennan was good and Draper quietly effective, Jones also held the ball up well at times and certainly helped the team going forward. MOM for me was McHale he had two great point blank saves one in each half which were crucial and given our flakey confidence might have made the difference between win and loss. Onward and upward hopefully.

Hard to fault anyone today. Defensively solid, looked threatening almost every time we went forward. Jones isn't much of a runner but his ability to win headers and holding play is something we've sorely missed. A great team performance and a deserved 3 points. Delighted.