Elgin City 23-24

See that Shane Sutherland back gaining fitness after his injury for a while and said he did get an offer not long ago but by the sounds of it money wise it wasn’t for him but is looking for a club in the Inverness area

Heard he got an offer from Elgin but he seems to have forgotten he hasn’t played for 2 years and we have already funded one cruciate operation for him.

1 hour ago, 1993 said:

Heard he got an offer from Elgin but he seems to have forgotten he hasn’t played for 2 years and we have already funded one cruciate operation for him.

Yeah heard that to about the offer from us and I’m sure before he got offered his offer from Inverness he got another offer to stay on with us and refused due to money supposedly and I forgot about that one that must of cost a fair bit for the club to fund that operation I suppose maybe he’s got a bit greedy money wise after the offer from Inverness and playing with them yet the way they released him was a bit unfair

10 hours ago, cityloon said:

Yeah heard that to about the offer from us and I’m sure before he got offered his offer from Inverness he got another offer to stay on with us and refused due to money supposedly and I forgot about that one that must of cost a fair bit for the club to fund that operation I suppose maybe he’s got a bit greedy money wise after the offer from Inverness and playing with them yet the way they released him was a bit unfair

I believe he has never really had a proper job out with football. But like above after 2 years out and at his age he has run out of time for me to demand big wages. He was on £500 plus a week at Elgin before he went to Caley I am led to believe. No chance he will be getting anywhere near that at the moment I wouldnt imagine from any team.

13 minutes ago, Super Elgin City said:

I believe he has never really had a proper job out with football. But like above after 2 years out and at his age he has run out of time for me to demand big wages. He was on £500 plus a week at Elgin before he went to Caley I am led to believe. No chance he will be getting anywhere near that at the moment I wouldnt imagine from any team.

Offt Jesus didn’t realise it was that much he was getting paid from us and just what I was thinking with an injury of that stature usually ends the majority of some players and with his age getting on a bit for a player it’s not stacking to well up for him but if he gets a decent deal some where then all the best to him 

• 2 weeks later...

I think you guys are pretty much guaranteed survival after that result today so well done for the great turnaround. I did think use looked better than every other team in our league when we have recently played yous. Like yourselves I think we will survive although I don’t think it’s going to be as pretty as you. Our squad definitely has quality now so it’s just TIME left and GAMES remaining that could stop us.

1 hour ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

I think you guys are pretty much guaranteed survival after that result today so well done for the great turnaround. I did think use looked better than every other team in our league when we have recently played yous. Like yourselves I think we will survive although I don’t think it’s going to be as pretty as you. Our squad definitely has quality now so it’s just TIME left and GAMES remaining that could stop us.

Aye I think we’ll get over the line. For what it’s worth I think you guys will pull through as well, something I couldn’t have imagined myself saying a month ago. You have started winning the “must-wins”, and the Stenny win showed you can beat anyone.

I honestly thought after the Stranraer game yous were done. I thought your January window hadn’t brought the immediate upturn in results we all expected. Transpired patience was needed! 

Another great result yesterday that really eases worries about relegation. If we can win our next two games (no easy task against two of the form teams of the division) we'd go up to 5th which would be a real testament to Hale and the job he has done. It's a shame he didn't come in slightly sooner or we could be in with a chance of making the play offs.

CLUB STATEMENT 

Elgin City Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of well known local businessman Alan Murray to the board and position of Chairman.
Outgoing Chairwoman, Isla Benzie communicated privately to her fellow board members in January that she would need to step back from the role of Chairwomen due to work commitments, however, is looking forward to continuing to work alongside Alan as Vice Chair.
Isla said “I am absolutely delighted Alan has agreed to join the board, we have spoken on numerous occasions over the last few years and the timing is now right for Alan and the club.  Alan has a wealth of attributes, including a vast knowledge of football in the North and shares the vision of the board for a successful Elgin City.  I am looking forward to working with Alan as we continue to shape the club for 2024 and beyond both on and off the pitch’.

On his appointment as Chairman, Alan Murray said, “It is an honour to accept the boards invitation to join the club as Chairman. Increased work commitments have led to Isla’s decision to step aside from the role, but I am delighted that she will remain on the board as Vice Chair.

I attend every home game and see first-hand the passion and commitment of the supporters, and how much Elgin City means to them. I can therefore assure our supporters that I will give everything I have to the club and promise to work tirelessly to represent the club in a manner that our supporters can take pride in.
I want to share in their enthusiasm and will do my very best to bring measured success to the club so that we can all enjoy it together.

There are so many hard working volunteers and staff members who give up their time to support the club in many ways, they all play a significant part and deserve great credit for that. I look forward to meeting them all over the coming weeks and months.
The club has also benefited from many fantastic sponsors over the years and we continue to receive their amazing backing which is very much appreciated.

I would like to thank the board of director’s for selecting me to lead the club and we must ensure we display strong leadership and put in place a robust business model which will be achieved by having a successful team on and off the pitch.

We have been in League 2 for 24 years and whilst it would be foolhardy to make any promises, I can assure our supporters that we will work very hard and aim as high as we can to bring a level of sustainable success to our club.
The league is so tight with seven very important fixtures left this season, our upturn in form has been in impressive since our new management team were appointed, they are doing a fantastic job and I am really looking forward to creating a successful working relationship with Allan and Stefan.

I was delighted to play a small part in the inception of Elgin City’s first women’s team. 
Since the start of this season, they have gone from strength to strength on and off the pitch, currently sitting second in the SWFL North. Everyone involved should be very proud of their achievement’s and I look forward to planning a successful future with Mo Morrison and his team. 

I am well aware that I have a very hard act to follow in Graham Tatters. Graham’s hard work, enthusiasm, passion, and commitment to Elgin City over many years has been truly unbelievable and I am honoured to follow him as Chairman of this great Football Club.”

Hopefully he will continue to ensure the club is run in a prudent manner but as the board have undoubtedly done support the Manager wherever they can.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to a few Elgin games over last five/six seasons to visit some grounds I've not previously been too but didn't realise you have been involved in the league set up for 24 years now.  

A nice wee milestone coming up next season.

On 02/04/2024 at 16:17, Super Elgin City said:

Not seen any updates on how Golding and Jeffrey's are progressing. Think it is vital that Golding gets back if we are going to get any notable results in the upcoming fixtures.

Both at risk of missing rest of season according to Northern Scot

18 hours ago, starryfish said:

Both at risk of missing rest of season according to Northern Scot

I just read that there. Really bad news especially about Golding. Hope we can get 3 points on Saturday to seal our league status. Walking wounded at the moment it seems.