Fourth Divison 23/24

11 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

As there is no agreed boundary between the WOSFL and the SOSFL, there is a path for clubs in the West to enter the pyramid.

Any club in Dumfries & Galloway and the Strathclyde area can apply to join the SOSFL.

I don't think the WOSFL would, could or even want to put forward any objections. 

The situation in the West with 2 Leagues covering the same areas is not preferable, it is where we are at though, until something changes.

You are again correct, the WoSFL could not put a barrier in the way to any team applying to join a league which they are eligible to join. That would be none of our business. However, they should note the contents of WoSFL Constitution and Rules clause B15 :-

"A Club relegated from the SLFL that is
a) based within agreed geographical boundary of the League, and
b) was previously a member of the League or a member of the SLFL at the time of the formation of the
League will automatically become a full member of the League and shall play in the Premier Division. Any clubs relegated from the SLFL that was previously a member of any other comparable league shall not be eligible for membership of the League."

So any club who now joins the SoSFL or the EoSFL and is then subsequently promoted to the Lowland League cannot then be relegated from the Lowland League into the WoSFL.

There is a Constitution amendment proposal going before the WoSFL AGM regarding this clause which adds the eligibility of clubs who were members of the SPFL (in addition to the SLFL) at the time of the formation of the WoSFL to be relegated into the WoSFL, e.g. Albion Rovers.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

You are again correct, the WoSFL could not put a barrier in the way to any team applying to join a league which they are eligible to join. That would be none of our business. However, they should note the contents of WoSFL Constitution and Rules clause B15 :-

"A Club relegated from the SLFL that is
a) based within agreed geographical boundary of the League, and
b) was previously a member of the League or a member of the SLFL at the time of the formation of the
League will automatically become a full member of the League and shall play in the Premier Division. Any clubs relegated from the SLFL that was previously a member of any other comparable league shall not be eligible for membership of the League."

So any club who now joins the SoSFL or the EoSFL and is then subsequently promoted to the Lowland League cannot then be relegated from the Lowland League into the WoSFL.

There is a Constitution amendment proposal going before the WoSFL AGM regarding this clause which adds the eligibility of clubs who were members of the SPFL (in addition to the SLFL) at the time of the formation of the WoSFL to be relegated into the WoSFL, e.g. Albion Rovers.

Interesting. So hypothetically if my club (Stranraer) were ever relegated from the LL they would go into the WoSFL Prem, rather than the SoS?

12 minutes ago, MrFizz said:

Interesting. So hypothetically if my club (Stranraer) were ever relegated from the LL they would go into the WoSFL Prem, rather than the SoS?

Stranraer is in Dumfries and Galloway, so I would imagine you would go to the SoSFL.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Stranraer is in Dumfries and Galloway, so I would imagine you would go to the SoSFL.

I'm going to gen up on the WOSFL Constitution as it's been a while since I studied it so memory patchy.

A few points to air; no need to answer as I will post a more detailed reply after my house cleaning duties. 

With regards to Caley and Stranraer.

Caley although in the catchment area were members of the SOSFL, Stranraer although outwith catchment area have never been in a comparable league to the WOSFL. 

I am not asking a question at this stage just putting it out there to provoke some thought amongst folk. 

A few points that I will address later in more detail; catchment areas for WOSFL and SOSFL and the comparable leagues point.

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

Which till the end of time shall be known as;

The Wellington Rule.

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

8 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I'm going to gen up on the WOSFL Constitution as it's been a while since I studied it so memory patchy.

A few points to air; no need to answer as I will post a more detailed reply after my house cleaning duties

Caley although in the catchment area were members of the SOSFL, Stranraer although outwith catchment area have never been in a comparable league to the WOSFL. 

I am not asking a question at this stage just putting it out there to provoke some thought amongst folk. 

A few points that I will address later in more detail; catchment areas for WOSFL and SOSFL and the comparable leagues point.

^^^^^^

Robin Williams Dancing GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

5 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

A few points to air; no need to answer as I will post a more detailed reply after my house cleaning duties. 

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

5 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Stranraer although outwith catchment area have never been in a comparable league to the WOSFL.

Don't think it helps the cause when Stranraer FC currently have membership in the SoSFL.

6 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Which till the end of time shall be known as;

The Wellington Rule.

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

It'll never happen.

To get relegated from the Lowland League, such a club would have to get promoted at the expense of a WOSFL team first, which would most embarrassingly show up the WOSFL as protectionist dinosaurs.  The rule would never survive the laughter.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Don't think it helps the cause when Stranraer FC currently have membership in the SoSFL.

Is it not the Southern Counties FA as opposed to the actual league.

Threave Rovers, Caley Braves  Gretna 2008, QOS are all members of the SCFA, not sure about Annan.

33 minutes ago, sdr71 said:

It'll never happen.

To get relegated from the Lowland League, such a club would have to get promoted at the expense of a WOSFL team first, which would most embarrassingly show up the WOSFL as protectionist dinosaurs.  The rule would never survive the laughter.

If I'm reading this correctly, the amendment the WOSFL is proposing is to stop a club like Wellington circumventing the pyramid to get access to the WOS Premier. 

By joining the SOSFL, getting into the Lowland, being relegated and choosing the WOSFL as their preferred option.

Not saying it would or could happen but the amendment would be a just in case safeguard.

Having now read up on both the SOSFL and WOSFL constitutions a few interesting points to make.

Could not find anywhere in the WOSFL about a defined catchment area. The SOSFL does mention specifically the Glasgow area, which could be taken to be the Strathclyde region.

It would appear there is no reason for a club like Stranraer, if they were ever in the position, to nominate WOSFL as their preferred league to drop into.

Obviously we will need to see what this new rule is that is proposed, interesting.

With the SOSFL not having any boundaries there would appear to be no barrier for Kello Rovers, a D&G club anyway or Girvan, a previous member, or for that matter any other WOSFL or even EOSFL club from applying to enter the SOSFL. Of course if they did join the SOSFL I would imagine the door would be closed on them rejoining the WOSFL in it's current setup.

Would the EOSFL allow a club to return but at bottom tier?

Not trying to pick holes in any leagues constitution or setup, rather just find these anomalies, let's call them, intriguing and interesting and worthy of debate.

Conundrums like these always brings me back to one of my central beliefs; it should not be the job of volunteer run leagues at Tier 6 to shape, develop and administer the pyramid, there is a professional body that is supposed to be running all aspects of football in Scotland.

Unfortunately they only seem interested in getting 2 clubs b teams into the pyramid setup for the benefit of 2 clubs.

It is way past the time for the SFA to do their job and run football in Scotland 

Why is the PWG not sitting anymore, yes we now have a pyramid in place. But, does it not need to evolve and change through time to meet the needs of Scottish football in the future?

27 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

If I'm reading this correctly, the amendment the WOSFL is proposing is to stop a club like Wellington circumventing the pyramid to get access to the WOS Premier. 

By joining the SOSFL, getting into the Lowland, being relegated and choosing the WOSFL as their preferred option.

Not saying it would or could happen but the amendment would be a just in case safeguard.

That's not the proposed amendment, that is the actual current rule. The proposed amendment is only to give eligibility to former SPFL teams in the WoSFL's recognised geographical area.

45 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Is it not the Southern Counties FA as opposed to the actual league.

Threave Rovers, Caley Braves  Gretna 2008, QOS are all members of the SCFA, not sure about Annan.

Stranraer are members of both the SCFA and the South of Scotland League itself.

11 minutes ago, glensmad said:

That's not the proposed amendment, that is the actual current rule. The proposed amendment is only to give eligibility to former SPFL teams in the WoSFL's recognised geographical area.

Sorry, was answering a few posts at same time and have just read what I have written, my bad.

Yeh, the Wellington Rule is already covered as you say, the new rule is to accommodate, shall we say, West clubs coming down from SPFL.

If I recall correctly last season it was stated that if either Star or Gretna being relegated from LL chose to move West they would have to apply for entry at Tier 10. Of course that can't happen at moment with the 80 club rule thingy.

I couldn't find anything covering the WOSFL's recognised geographical area, in terms of what the actual area is?

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Stranraer are members of both the SCFA and the South of Scotland League itself.

Yes, forgetting about the reserve team in the SOSFL, so it's Stranraer FC who are members it just happens to be a reserve team.

So following on from that I was wrong in an earlier post in saying that Stranraer could potentially nominate the WOSFL if they were ever in a relegation position in the LL. 

They would first have to resign from the SOSFL, which is a different scenario from what I painted in that post. That's fine always happy to be corrected when wrong.

Love all this crap, more entertaining than some of the football. 😁😁😁

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I couldn't find anything covering the WOSFL's recognised geographical area, in terms of what the actual area is?

• The geographical boundary of the West of Scotland Football League covers the following local authority areas: Argyll; East Ayrshire; East Dunbartonshire; East Renfrewshire; Glasgow; Inverclyde; North Ayrshire; North Lanarkshire; South Ayrshire; South Lanarkshire and West Dunbartonshire.

https://www.wosfl.co.uk/newsArticle/joining_the_wosfl.html

37 minutes ago, glensmad said:
  • The geographical boundary of the West of Scotland Football League covers the following local authority areas: Argyll; East Ayrshire; East Dunbartonshire; East Renfrewshire; Glasgow; Inverclyde; North Ayrshire; North Lanarkshire; South Ayrshire; South Lanarkshire and West Dunbartonshire.

https://www.wosfl.co.uk/newsArticle/joining_the_wosfl.html

Don't mention Threave or Kello Rovers.

As previously mentioned, the WoSFL offered a geographical boundary with the SOSFL but they declined. Threave Rovers applied to join the league, and the Board let the clubs decide, and they were accepted. Kello are a different matter as they were members of the SJFA West Region and the LL-run original WoSFL agreed to take all of the West Region SJFA clubs.

LL clubs outside our stated geographical areas cannot be relegated into the WoSFL.