First Divison 23/24

45 minutes ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

I have seen a few of Burgh's games. it seems like they are a team of individuals rather a coherent unit that is what is killing them this year 

Agreed , however it must be extremely difficult to gel so many new players together especially when a number of them have signed midway through the season. I do think there may be to many big egos in the changing room. Heard whispers Naismith has been going after players after some performances but when i’ve watched them he’s been the weak link in my opinion. I’ve only seen them 2 or 3 times so can’t say my opinion is gospel.

3 hours ago, The nameless tim said:

Agreed , however it must be extremely difficult to gel so many new players together especially when a number of them have signed midway through the season. I do think there may be to many big egos in the changing room. Heard whispers Naismith has been going after players after some performances but when i’ve watched them he’s been the weak link in my opinion. I’ve only seen them 2 or 3 times so can’t say my opinion is gospel.

It shouldn't be extremely difficult to gel so many new players together at all as good managers find a way in a league that's not of a great standard.  

If Johnstone burgh fail to get promoted with the money they've spunked already at it then it will go down as the biggest failure ever at our level of football. 

5 hours ago, AM-1 said:

Whos the potential candidates to replace McKim if/when he goes? 

If I was to guess it would be dorrans , also heard Kenny Millar mentioned as well but he has a lot of media commitments so unsure how it would work.

Tbh can't see it being someone from our leagues

7 hours ago, AM-1 said:

Whos the potential candidates to replace McKim if/when he goes? 

He just signed a new deal a couple of weeks ago

He has had these calls since the day he got the job..

I remember where the Burgh were before he came in

Up to this season he had done a very good job.

They have a semi final coming up there will be no changes 

It's wishful thinking for some

18 minutes ago, Uncle Scan said:

He just signed a new deal a couple of weeks ago

He has had these calls since the day he got the job..

I remember where the Burgh were before he came in

Up to this season he had done a very good job.

They have a semi final coming up there will be no changes 

It's wishful thinking for some

The junior Scottish is not even near the calibre it once was . If Johnstone burgh win the Scottish it's a very hollow victory considering a third of our countries top clubs don't even enter it   so don't give him legendary status even if he does so.

Personally I hope mckim gets a life long  deal at JB

Edited by Thejackdaw

17 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

The junior Scottish is not even near the calibre it once was . If Johnstone burgh win the Scottish it's a very hollow victory considering a third of our countries top clubs don't even enter it   so don't give him legendary status even if he does so.

Personally I hope mckim gets a life long  deal at JB

Jamie has given everything to the Burgh. He deserves to see the season out.

5 hours ago, Johnstonian said:

Burgh have put Cammy Crooks up for transfer.

Strange timing as he’s been playing regularly and is a good player.

Some amount of player turnover.

Outstanding last season, and had a very good start to the season, but since then has been poor. Great guy and very good player who always gives 110% and unfortunately there are very few of them in this Burgh squad. 

On 07/03/2024 at 23:34, Johnstonian said:

Remember Alan Monaghan in goals. He had family in Johnstone and I remember his Clydebank v Dundee performance 😁

He was good craic 👍🏼

I was mascot that day.  

Mon the papers

21 hours ago, BurghLoyal said:

Outstanding last season, and had a very good start to the season, but since then has been poor. Great guy and very good player who always gives 110% and unfortunately there are very few of them in this Burgh squad. 

Maybe they should team him up that gives 90%.

St Rochs v Kilbirnie 0-0 wasn’t great today. St Rochs down to 10 men early on, and credit to them they never really looked like a team that had a man short. The pitch was terrible but was the same for both teams. Connelly hit the bar twice and the post, Scott Lewis missed a great chance also. Probably a fair result. 

3 hours ago, outoftownballer said:

St Rochs v Kilbirnie 0-0 wasn’t great today. St Rochs down to 10 men early on, and credit to them they never really looked like a team that had a man short. The pitch was terrible but was the same for both teams. Connelly hit the bar twice and the post, Scott Lewis missed a great chance also. Probably a fair result. 

Was there myself today. How kilbirnie never nicked itat the end is beyond me.

Young St Rochs keeper was impressive but the sending off killed the game. Wild challenge and while I’m not sure he caught the lad, it was totally unnecessary.

My local side Cambuslang beat again. Surely they are destined for the drop now? A shadow of their former selfs 5 years ago on the park unfortunately. Is the manager untouchable?