Germany 2024

invergowrie arab

Reading this Twitter thread, and it suggests not applying for ballot tickets if you have a decent amount of SSC points (I’ll be on 13 after Spain) as if you got allocated a different game on the day of a Scotland game you then wouldn’t be able to get your official Scotland end ticket!

I have no idea if this is the case, but could really do with an official idiots guide on the process. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Reading this Twitter thread, and it suggests not applying for ballot tickets if you have a decent amount of SSC points (I’ll be on 13 after Spain) as if you got allocated a different game on the day of a Scotland game you then wouldn’t be able to get your official Scotland end ticket!

I have no idea if this is the case, but could really do with an official idiots guide on the process. 

Would imagine you could sell a ticket if it was a game on the same day as Scotlands and still buy a Scotland ticket. I could be wrong though. 

I'm on 10 points, should have really been more, but that's largely my fault, so I'll probs try head to Georgia, but I'll also apply for tickets through the ballot. 

5 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Would imagine you could sell a ticket if it was a game on the same day as Scotlands and still buy a Scotland ticket. I could be wrong though. 

I'm on 10 points, should have really been more, but that's largely my fault, so I'll probs try head to Georgia, but I'll also apply for tickets through the ballot. 

The info from UEFA isn't the best and I've read that the resale platform is due to open in spring 2024 which would probably be after the SSC allocation gets sold so I'm not taking any chances of applying for any random group games in the ballot. 

I would disagree with one part of that twitter thread though which is not to apply at all if  you have  10 or more points. UEFA seem to suggest people who are unsuccessful in the ballot will get priority for future sales when tickets aren't taken up by those successful in the ballot so I'm thinking it might be worth applying for the opening game or knockout games just to get access to it if borderline points-wise for SSC tickets.  The opening game is the only game that day so if you are successful then you aren't blocking any chance of Scotland tickets and obviously for the knockouts the teams won't be known until the tournament starts so plenty of time to punt on the resale platform beforehand without interfering with getting SSC tickets for the group stages. 

19 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The info from UEFA isn't the best and I've read that the resale platform is due to open in spring 2024 which would probably be after the SSC allocation gets sold so I'm not taking any chances of applying for any random group games in the ballot. 

I would disagree with one part of that twitter thread though which is not to apply at all if  you have  10 or more points. UEFA seem to suggest people who are unsuccessful in the ballot will get priority for future sales when tickets aren't taken up by those successful in the ballot so I'm thinking it might be worth applying for the opening game or knockout games just to get access to it if borderline points-wise for SSC tickets.  The opening game is the only game that day so if you are successful then you aren't blocking any chance of Scotland tickets and obviously for the knockouts the teams won't be known until the tournament starts so plenty of time to punt on the resale platform beforehand without interfering with getting SSC tickets for the group stages. 

Yeah - the info is very poor, you would like to think there would be some clarification as it is very difficult for those on the edge of points thresholds. 

Great shout to apply for the opening game though!

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

This is a very useful thread but I’m surprised they are saying anyone on 10 points should not apply.

Currently there are 17K SSC member on 10 points and around 11k on 11. Surely it’s basically impossible for a 10 pointer to get a ticket through the SSC, and no guarantee me thing for an 11 pointer either?

3 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

This is a very useful thread but I’m surprised they are saying anyone on 10 points should not apply.

Currently there are 17K SSC member on 10 points and around 11k on 11. Surely it’s basically impossible for a 10 pointer to get a ticket through the SSC, and no guarantee me thing for an 11 pointer either?

Certainly not impossible. There are currently 11,650 on 11. Three of the expected allocations are 10k+. There will be plenty on 11+ who only go to 1 or 2 games or won’t be going at all. Not everyone will be able to justify the full two weeks off to cover the whole group stage when you factor in work, family commitments etc.

17 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm planning basically to put in for tickets for every single game I'm there for. You can only be allocated one set of tickets per day per person applying. If you get lucky you end up with Scotland tickets, if not you hopefully have something to go to and need to take your chances further down the line for Scotland games.

^^^ Yup, this is what I'm planning, I'm booked up with flights for the 1st week of the competition, be good to get to a game or two, bonus if it turns out to be a Scotland game. 

3 minutes ago, Andershen said:

Do we know what seed we’re most likely to be should we get there?

Also does the number eg B1, B2 etc correspond to seeding? 

Does that mean if we’re expected to be 3rd seed I should try all 3 groups? Logical or am I talking pish?

B1, B2 etc does not correspond to seeding at all so you can't work anything out from what pot we would be in. The twitter accounts that do projections seem to think we'll be more likely to be pot 1 or 2 last time I checked but there's far too many games across the qualifying groups to go for it to be that accurate. 

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Thanks. Never thought about this! As suspected I was wrong. 

3 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

applied for game 1, on 9 points atm, assuming there will be warm up games so might get to 11 by the time the tournament comes around

Says max 4 tickets per game. Can apply once per day until 26th october.

The SSC allocation will go on sale early 2024 so points gained from going to warm up games next May/June won’t help you with tickets for the finals

18 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm planning basically to put in for tickets for every single game I'm there for. You can only be allocated one set of tickets per day per person applying. If you get lucky you end up with Scotland tickets, if not you hopefully have something to go to and need to take your chances further down the line for Scotland games.

Did you put in "My team - Scotland"? I was a bit wary in case they told me sorry, you'll have to apply through your federation, so put in "Other". 

Getting a bit worried now that I could end up in the England end or something if we play them.

I was thinking if I apply for the opening game it will make me eligible to try get tickets in re-sale but if not I will still be able to get a ticket for any scotland game as i’ve only crossed out one day and that day has only one game. Is my logic sound? 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Did you put in "My team - Scotland"? I was a bit wary in case they told me sorry, you'll have to apply through your federation, so put in "Other". 

Getting a bit worried now that I could end up in the England end or something if we play them.

I don’t think that would make a difference. You have the official allocation for each team usually behind the goals and the UEFA public allocation isn’t split into either side, as far as I’m aware.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

I don’t think that would make a difference. You have the official allocation for each team usually behind the goals and the UEFA public allocation isn’t split into either side, as far as I’m aware.

Well I hope we don’t get England as both sets of fans mixed in with each other and locals in the UEFA ballot section would be a recipe for disaster.