Lochee United

Marten

Tayport 0-5 Lochee United

Another brilliant performance in what I thought would have been a tough game. First half we were easily the better side but didn't finish enough chances, the score was 0-1 at HT. In the second half we were commanding throughout, a very strong performance with some excellent goals. Bobby Linn was the Man of the Match, he played a part in all goals.

Broxburn Athletic 3-0 Lochee United

Unfortunately, our poorest game of the season so far. The first half was a cagey affair with nothing much between the teams, but 2 quick-fire goals just after HT meant we were up against it, we never really recovered form that. There are always "what ifs" like what if we got a penalty just before they scored the 3-0, but these things happen in football. It's too easy to just blame it on that moment as we didn't create enough. In fairness, credit is due to Broxburn as they've easily been the strongest team we've played this season. We'd have to be at our best to have a chance to beat them and we simply weren't, so the better team on the day won and we can't have complaints about that. It's a shame from our point of view but as much as I'd have loved a cup run, promotion is something we all really want so if we have an off-day I'd rather have it in the cup than in an important league game.

We just learn from this and move on. Thanks to Buchan Bowling Club who were great hosts to us before the game and the Broxburn committee who made us feel welcome. I had some good chats with very friendly people. As often with away days, a great day out despite the result!

• 4 weeks later...

Lochee United 10-0 Letham

Football is a funny old game sometimes. After 20 minutes I thought this would be a close game. Once the first goal went in, Letham's heads just seemed to drop and it became surprisingly easy. Jayden Ferguson scored 4, Danny Cavanagh scored a hattrick as well, other goals were for Paul Scobie, Kerr Hay and newbie Corey Gray who we just signed from Downfield. Brilliant performance, absolutely relentless. 👍

Edited by Marten

Lochee United 3-2 Maybole Juniors
Lochee United got through to the third round of the Scottish Junior Cup by beating the visitors from Ayrshire in a good game. Maybole started well and took an early lead. After about 20 minutes, Lochee United got more into the game and got a deserved equaliser with a brilliant goal. In the second half, Lochee United were firmly in control and took the lead 10 minutes in, followed by a third about 10 minutes later. It got exciting near the end as Maybole scored a second but Lochee carried the deserved win over the line. I'm very pleased with this as Maybole were very decent opponents, much better than most teams we've faced in the league. 

A big well done to the ground staff, the pitch looked in excellent condition despite the torrential rain.

20231007_154543.jpg

Lochee United 2-1 Tayport

Wow, what an ending to the game. In all honesty, this was our poorest game of the season so far. The first half both teams were poor, although I'd say we were slightly better. In the second half, they were better and their goal was coming. Nothing seemed to work after that and it looked like we were heading to a 0-1 defeat. In stoppage time Jack Neave scored an absolute screamer from a distance. As we were just happy with the likely looking draw, Kerr Hay scored the completely unexpected (and in all honesty, undeserved) winner. The game was poor, but if you want to win the league, you need to win these games as well.

• 3 months later...

I haven't updated this thread for far too long. But some exciting signing news today. After getting Connor Coupe from Downfield (he was previously Dundee), we now got Ryan Patterson back from Forfar Athletic, our player of the year last season! Two major signings for us!

Lochee United 4-1 Scone Thistle

Typical game of 2 halves. Plenty of chances in the first half, but we didn't do enough with them. And what you often see in such cases is that the opposition then does manage to score. Scone scored with a free-kick just before HT, which was very well taken to be fair, but the foul should never have been given away, silly foul to make. The second half we were much more dangerous, Ryan Paterson coming on made a big difference. Connor Coupe scored the equaliser, goals by Bobby Linn, Kerr Hay & finally Ryan Paterson got us the 4-1 win.

Edited by Marten

On 26/01/2024 at 22:13, Marten said:

I haven't updated this thread for far too long. But some exciting signing news today. After getting Connor Coupe from Downfield (he was previously Dundee), we now got Ryan Patterson back from Forfar Athletic, our player of the year last season! Two major signings for us!

Obviously don’t have to tell you, as you will know what you are getting.

But Patty has always impressed at Forfar, and the vast majority including myself are extremely gutted to see him go.

I enjoyed watching him play and wish him and Lochee United nothing but the best for the future.

Good Luck.

18 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Obviously don’t have to tell you, as you will know what you are getting.

But Patty has always impressed at Forfar, and the vast majority including myself are extremely gutted to see him go.

I enjoyed watching him play and wish him and Lochee United nothing but the best for the future.

Good Luck.

Cheers mate, he made an impact straight away on Saturday against a Scone side who were difficult to break down. Once he came on, we scored 4 goals, he scored the last one.

2 hours ago, Marten said:

Cheers mate, he made an impact straight away on Saturday against a Scone side who were difficult to break down. Once he came on, we scored 4 goals, he scored the last one.

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't posted it in here yet, but sadly I'm soon off to the funeral of our club president. He was one of the people who made me feel welcome at the club when I moved to the area. Passed away way too soon...

https://www.facebook.com/Official.Lochee/posts/pfbid02k6h8GqjR1dKhbDWYCvgHmkPAzLikxeXSgJC8Y8mpzWz18URCyQs4Pr4ioBtEahuVl