Lochee United

Marten

13 hours ago, Marten said:

The next signing, another good one. 👍

Screenshot_20230627-213000_Facebook.jpg

I dunno anything about your goalkeeping options and how he compares to them, but Dean is a top man and I hope he does great for you. 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

I dunno anything about your goalkeeping options and how he compares to them, but Dean is a top man and I hope he does great for you. 

Cheers mate. We were in need of a new goalkeeper, I get the idea that we've got a really good one for our level. 

4 hours ago, Marten said:

Cheers mate. We were in need of a new goalkeeper, I get the idea that we've got a really good one for our level. 

Never really got much of a chance with us played in our Highland league Cup games and thought he played well in them kept a few clean sheets and we got to the semis then we played our first choice and the mistakes he made cost us getting to the final if Deano had played we probably would have got to the final. He's a great guy too the supporters loved him 

43 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

Never really got much of a chance with us played in our Highland league Cup games and thought he played well in them kept a few clean sheets and we got to the semis then we played our first choice and the mistakes he made cost us getting to the final if Deano had played we probably would have got to the final. He's a great guy too the supporters loved him 

He played two games and kept one clean sheet.  He let two goals in against Rothes.  We were so bad in the semi that peak Buffon wouldn’t have got us to the final. 
He is a good guy and everyone liked him but he wasn’t anywhere near the standard of Lenny Wilson.

19 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

Think we can put Lochee Utd as firm fav for the league this year. Linn will run riot against some teams in this league and i include my team Letham. 

Here is hoping! Still nothing be taken for granted though.

37 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Aye marten,fancy you guys to make the step up to the SHFL end of next season.....

Hopefully not at Vale's expense 🙈

I really hope so! No disrespect to the clubs in this league, but the change from the old East Superleague with trips to the likes of Bo'ness, Linlithgow & Bonnyrigg to a really local league hasn't been the greatest. The Highland League would definitely be a great challenge and would give us some cracking away trips.

Hoping to catch a few Chee games when I'm visiting family this coming season. The new signings looking good. 

Interesting season ahead in the HFL too...especially at the bottom where Strathspey were starting to look a little better towards the end of last year. If Lochee really push on it could really add a bit of jeopardy...

Always difficult to read into these results, not all new players were there yet (Linn was playing a testimonial with Arbroath for example) and obviously players still need to gel. However, despite the scoreline especially the second half looked very decent. Hermes looked a very decent side to be fair. Time will tell for us obviously but a good first run out.

We've got 2 more new players. Jaden Ferguson, who was with us for just a few weeks in the second half of the 21/22 season and scored for fun (11 in his first 3 games!) before he signed for Hearts, has returned and signed for us for the whole season now. We've got left defender Jack Neave from Coupar Angus who looked good today.

On 29/06/2023 at 18:23, Marten said:

I really hope so! No disrespect to the clubs in this league, but the change from the old East Superleague with trips to the likes of Bo'ness, Linlithgow & Bonnyrigg to a really local league hasn't been the greatest. The Highland League would definitely be a great challenge and would give us some cracking away trips.

Are Lochee United the best supported club in the Midlands League then? I think Tayport, Carnoustie and maybe East Craigie had a decent support as well if I'm not mixed up, but that's going back a few years now. 

12 hours ago, Buckets said:

Are Lochee United the best supported club in the Midlands League then? I think Tayport, Carnoustie and maybe East Craigie had a decent support as well if I'm not mixed up, but that's going back a few years now. 

There are a few well supported sides in our league. I'm not saying we're the only well supported team at our level. But with the changes in the league, it didn't make it more interesting imo. Effectively, several big sides have been replaced by relatively small local sides. 

Edit: I don't mean that disrespectful to the smaller sides, but from a fan's perspective I miss journeys outside of Tayside.

Edited by Marten

• 2 weeks later...

Another 3 new years players for us: Dom Blair, Lee Roeleveld and Stephen Tront (all Coupar Angus).

Squad looking good now. Also more squad depth, which we lacked the last 2 seasons and came back to bite us when the inevitable injuries hit. 

Edited by Marten