Junior Cup Draw

Guest MickGarvey

Kennie, it appears you have posted this in West of Scotland Football League and not Junior Football. It may be worth speaking to one of the moderators to have this moved to its rightful forum.

I trust that fixtures relating to this competition will be played midweek Kennie? After all, this is an additional competition not governed by the SFA or the WoSFL committee. As such, these fixtures aren't really a requirement to be fulfilled and are choice of the participants. It wouldn't be sporting to see non-participants in this particular competition being punished with free weeks or worse, postponements!

One would hope that an extension of the league season to accommodate as it was in 22/23, wouldn't be required in the future.

Just now, MickGarvey said:

Kennie, it appears you have posted this in West of Scotland Football League and not Junior Football. It may be worth speaking to one of the moderators to have this moved to its rightful forum.

I trust that fixtures relating to this competition will be played midweek Kennie? After all, this is an additional competition not governed by the SFA or the WoSFL committee. As such, these fixtures aren't really a requirement to be fulfilled and are choice of the participants. It wouldn't be sporting to see non-participants in this particular competition being punished with free weeks or worse, postponements!

One would hope that an extension of the league season to accommodate as it was in 22/23, wouldn't be required in the future.

I hope you stand on a plug.

5 minutes ago, MickGarvey said:

Have a day off big fella. Enjoy the sun 

56 minutes ago, MickGarvey said:

Valid points made there.

1 hour ago, MickGarvey said:

Yawn!

You went to all the bother of signing up and that's the best you can come up with as your first post.

Keep trying, one day you'll be able to join the list of people that it's best to ignore.

Guest MickGarvey

I'm sorry Kennie but I'm confused in regards to your reaction? My aim wasn't to antagonise you.

I certainly feel that my post is valid and worthy of some sort of answer? You could flip it and play Scottish Junior Cup ties on the Saturday, provided that a league match follows on the midweek.

I know that 15 clubs with potentially one or two others have listed home grounds with floodlights. Surely that's a quick win in the early rounds of the competition. Pollok and Benburb for example are licensed clubs and enter at Round 2? Can they not play Glenafton, Irvine Meadow etc?

Thank you for an update for this.  Many in the ex junior world and wider community look out for this news every year on the holy grail of non league football and with so many clubs participating from the west only right it's included in this section. 👍

Edited by OmegaSpeedyPro

4 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Love the way Kennie makes himself out some sort of martyr regarding the fixtures.

A 15 year old could do it in about an hour.

Okay maybe 90 minutes to allow for phoning Talbot to get the nod.

I will assume you have never put together a fixture list before. Let me assure you that it is far more difficult and tedious than it may appear from the outside.

Multiply by five for the WoSFL and it's a mountain of thankless work. Inevitably you cannot satisfy everyone's wishes, and the only feedback you will ever receive is criticism.

Edited by Yalay

7 hours ago, Kennie said:

By the way, that's me off again.

Only came on to annoy certain folk.

Task completed. Bye for now.

You should have posted it in on the EoS subforum, if you really wanted a reaction. The state some people get into on here over anything involving junior football borders on being a mental health issue. 

Guest MickGarvey

We appear to be missing the point that this "showpiece" tournament also increases the workload of the fixtures secretary.

I am all for an ALL IN "showpiece" non league tournament in Scotland. But surely it is fair to suggest that teams who wish to participate in this optional competition should be automatically assigned a midweek fixture to fall immediately after this competition match day?