Pre season performances & scores

Cove 1 Fraserburgh 0.

A fairly forgettable friendly, albeit the sun was welcome, where players on both sides were going through the motions getting minutes into their legs. Broch looked well disciplined , held their shape and lookee superior to fellow HL side Formartine who we played last week.

Left winger trialist got a headed goal just after the half time break. Debayo was a trialist, did ok, but nothing more.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

8 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Apologies didn't even realise I made that mistake tbh

Look on the bright side, at least you hadn't made such a long journey just to get thumped 😉

A fairly surprising result. Probably just have to put it under the preseason getting to know one another/up to speed category because it's looking like you are doing a lot of the right things, along with some decent backing.

11 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

Look on the bright side, at least you hadn't made such a long journey just to get thumped 😉

A fairly surprising result. Probably just have to put it under the preseason getting to know one another/up to speed category because it's looking like you are doing a lot of the right things, along with some decent backing.

If things do go wrong I can see Rankin being gone very quickly. Last season the fault was on the board as they completely messed it up. However this year Rankin has been completely backed by the new owner and if he can't get results it's nobody but his own fault. 

Yes, once everything is settled and relatively stable behind the scenes, then the onus is really all on the coaching staff to produce the required performances.

Of course, injuries and such like can throw a spanner in the works. For example, my Queens team has just lost our very promising young centre back to what appears to be a serious hamstring injury.

36 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

Yes, once everything is settled and relatively stable behind the scenes, then the onus is really all on the coaching staff to produce the required performances.

Of course, injuries and such like can throw a spanner in the works. For example, my Queens team has just lost our very promising young centre back to what appears to be a serious hamstring injury.

Yeah I seen that about Brydon not ideal. 

35 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It was a genuine question, was it a typo for Cumbernauld?

Probably an autocorrect thing. Good job the full team name wasn't used, I dread to think what Cumbernauld Colts might autocorrect to....