Second Chance: the EOS Second Division 2023-24

2 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

great game at Memorial Park, two best teams in the league by a long way. Win for the Hibs keeps it interesting til the end of the season

Went along to this too. Great game. Burnt to a crisp now though 😂

I wasn't sure at the time, and I've not been able to find anything out since, but was the Bo'ness Athletic sub keeper actually a goalkeeper? Certainly wasn't in a goalkeeper kit whilst he was warming up. Noticed Bo'ness's bench was surprisingly thin on numbers too - presumably due to injuries?

11 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Went along to this too. Great game. Burnt to a crisp now though 😂

I wasn't sure at the time, and I've not been able to find anything out since, but was the Bo'ness Athletic sub keeper actually a goalkeeper? Certainly wasn't in a goalkeeper kit whilst he was warming up. Noticed Bo'ness's bench was surprisingly thin on numbers too - presumably due to injuries?

Don’t know how Bo’ness can only muster 4 on the bench with an U20’s side and probably best part of 15 signings over the course of the season.

7 minutes ago, Basile Boli said:

Don’t know how Bo’ness can only muster 4 on the bench with an U20’s side and probably best part of 15 signings over the course of the season.

Yeah I found it surprising myself 

Hope it wasn't cause the missing players were watching another certain match....... (surely not)

On 11/05/2024 at 20:31, Steven W said:

Yeah I found it surprising myself 

Hope it wasn't cause the missing players were watching another certain match....... (surely not)

The bench looked full last night as they cruised to a 4-0 win and confirmed Ormiston's relegation last night.

While the spectating facilities are basic its a nice place to watch football on a night like last night and i still had change of £10 after paying in, having a pie and coffee after the drive from Perth and a chocolate bar at half time.

Hopefully the hosts find the third division more rewarding on the pitch next season.

Posted (edited)

Edinburgh South move into 3rd place with a win over Coldstream tonight.

Last 30 minutes South really tired with their recent busy Schedule catching up with them, but they managed to hold on to move into the final promotion spot. Match Armadale's result on Saturday and they are up.

Edited by ARFC Exile

Ormiston Primrose are      RELEGATED   

200.gif?cid=790b7611dh4jhev7q3uw78x1w7kg467elhifptpipekn9jb7&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif&ct=g

Ormiston 0-4 Bo'ness Athletic

Edinburgh South 2-1 Coldstream
Kennoway 0-1 Thornton

Edinburgh Utd 3-1 Ormiston

image.png.a8d5301f24bde9f92ce68cae29115c7d.png

Bo'ness Athletic and Edinburgh South in driving seats.

Last season's 12th-14th places go down this time.

Bo'ness Athletic are      CHAMPIONS   

icegif-70.gif

Edinburgh South are      PROMOTED   

224c9953bb03cd7cde6fece640a00dafc8be405c

Burntisland Shipyard will be RELEGATED if Broxburn Athletic lose to Dalbeattie Star in promotion playoff

Bo'ness Athletic 4-0 Dalkeith
Burntisland 0-3 Armadale
Coldstream 1-2 Thornton
Edinburgh College 5-2 Newburgh
Edinburgh South 1-0 Kennoway
Ormiston 0-2 Edinburgh Utd
Peebles 3-2 Easthouses
Tweedmouth 2-0 Stirling Uni EOS

image.png.9d41b6c2f85a400e9031206013fd0f46.png

Thornton squeezed by Coldstream with 2 penalties but to no avail. Edinburgh South must have had a nervy time.

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Edinburgh South must have had a nervy time.

Not really. They scored in the fourth minute and basically nothing of note happened thereafter. It was a decent first half but there were very few decent chances either way, and the second half was very flat as both teams tired and Edinburgh managed the game out safely to its conclusion.

The outcome never felt in doubt to me, there were no near misses, no drama.