Cyprus (a) - venue change

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

There are also several different scenarios at home - you can buy a season ticket for games up to a year in advance and things come up so you pass your ticket on. 

Exactly. Plus everyone in the group buys season tickets so you are all in together and to get a decent seat. The week of football also makes it more of a pain for anyone outside the central belt. 

I'd happily go back to the old system of points just for away games maybe retaining the 2 bonus points for renewing. I don't think the points for home games has any value.

7 minutes ago, TeeMan said:

Exactly. Plus everyone in the group buys season tickets so you are all in together and to get a decent seat. The week of football also makes it more of a pain for anyone outside the central belt. 

I'd happily go back to the old system of points just for away games maybe retaining the 2 bonus points for renewing. I don't think the points for home games has any value.

I quite like it tbh, otherwise I would be on two as opposed to eleven 😂

27 minutes ago, TeeMan said:

There's a potential future value to home points if we reach the stage where there are more members than home seats at Hampden.

Are we really saying a significant number of people "harvest" points from home games? Who's traveling round the world to watch Scotland but not bothering to go to home games typically? Does that really happen? I'm not talking about something coming up to mean they can't make a particular home game and have to resell their ticket, I'm talking about people who consciously have no intent to go to home games and buy tickets only to maintain standing for away games. I suppose it may affect some exiles who live abroad in the first place and are more inclined to travel to away games than home ones. That's surely a trivial number of people though.

In reality Home game points make no odds to the vast majority of people surely?

I see I'm now at 6 points though it's irritating me that you can't see how that is built up any longer (used to be able to). I imagine it's 2 loyalty points and the home games v Ukraine, Cyprus, Spain and Georgia. I've got tickets in hand for England and Norway too so will get to 8 by end of year. I guess I'll likely maintain about that level moving forward. I went to a few away games in the late 90's when I was young, free and single and it was easier to get on the ladder but family coming along combined with the move to random weeknights for games pretty much knocked me out of even home games for about a decade. And when I did go I often got tickets through QoS rather than my own account so didn't get any loyalty points for them. Made no odds as I wasn't going away from home anyway. With my son now old enough to go to games with me now though we'll both be pretty much Home regulars going forward. I don't see me getting to a non UK away game any time soon though.

43 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I see I'm now at 6 points though it's irritating me that you can't see how that is built up any longer (used to be able to). I imagine it's 2 loyalty points and the home games v Ukraine, Cyprus, Spain and Georgia. 

Unsure if you knew about this, I assume so, but I’ll post anyway. Bit more vague than what you’re actually meaning but it’s better than nothing. 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scotland/supporters-tickets/scotland-supporters-club-membership/ssc-loyalty-points/

18 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Unsure if you knew about this, I assume so, but I’ll post anyway. Bit more vague than what you’re actually meaning but it’s better than nothing. 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scotland/supporters-tickets/scotland-supporters-club-membership/ssc-loyalty-points/

Yeah, I knew it existed though didn't know the actual link. That's how I knew what my 6 points were for. It used to be that in your actual SSC account though there was a link showing your personal points build up. It's no longer there and hasn't been for a few years.

You have however reminded me that the points are given over the last 10 home regardless of time frame. I was thinking it was just however many were in the last two years. If we're going to attend home matches from now on (which we likely will) I should crawl up to 11 or 12 sooner or later. My son will remain one behind me until he's been a member for 4 campaigns. He's sitting on two at the moment I think.

2 hours ago, TeeMan said:

I think home points make it fairer. If you didn’t have them then someone who attends every home game could be at the same point as someone who’s never set foot in Hampden but has decided to buy a membership. 

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

You are denying other members a ticket to a future game though, by taking a point that isn't yours so that you can make sure you have access to a bigger game ahead of them.

My understanding is that most people who are fraudulently farming points in this way sell on their tickets so I'm not sure any seats are going empty.

I’m not saying it’s right but it’s clearly less of an issue than people doing it for away games, which was the point I was making.

21 hours ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

How many points do we reckon will be enough to ensure tickets through the SSC allocation for Germany next summer? Trying to get to France away which should put me on around 12, which will hopefully be enough.

I'd be surprised if enough people can make it up to 12 by the end of the year for that not to be enough for you to get sorted for Germany.

11 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I'd be surprised if enough people can make it up to 12 by the end of the year for that not to be enough for you to get sorted for Germany.

On 14/07/2023 at 12:48, Jaggy McJagface said:

How many points do we reckon will be enough to ensure tickets through the SSC allocation for Germany next summer? Trying to get to France away which should put me on around 12, which will hopefully be enough.

I’m hoping 11 will give me a decent chance of at least one game at a bigger venue. 

Going to Spain away too but I imagine that’ll largely depend on how generous the Spanish FA are. 

No sure what the answer is but recently I have been in Poland, Armenia, Ireland and Norway. Got “unofficial” tickets for the first three and watched the Norway game in a bar in Oslo. The last time I got a ticket frae the supporters club was for the marathon trip tae Kazakhstan. Something no right.

Kazakhstan was still taken into account by the time Armenia and Ireland came around and they dropped to 9 and 12 points plus San Marino, Belgium, Russia and Cyprus dropped to 0 points after Kazakhstan so there may be something that's not right but it's not the system to blame for that.

1 hour ago, immcinto said:

MY friend lives in Italy and wants to attend the Cyprus game but he doesn't have loyalty points. Can I buy a ticket using my SSC account and give him the ticket? 

I might be confusing Cyprus with another away game but I've got a vague recollection of your name being on your ticket and having to match your ID.

The official answer from the SSC is no you can't and if caught you can be expelled from the SSC.

On 14/07/2023 at 10:12, TeeMan said:

I am of the opposite view. I would only give points for home games. That would give priority to fans that actually financially support Scotland. Similar to the way club sides look after their fans. Why would you want to favour guys that only go to away games?

21 minutes ago, Tangled web said:

I am of the opposite view. I would only give points for home games. That would give priority to fans that actually financially support Scotland. Similar to the way club sides look after their fans. Why would you want to favour guys that only go to away games?

1. Points are only needed for away games so they should be based primarily on away attendance.

2. You’d have about 25,000 on maximum points if you only included home games which would make the whole points system rather pointless.

On 17/07/2023 at 09:22, immcinto said:

MY friend lives in Italy and wants to attend the Cyprus game but he doesn't have loyalty points. Can I buy a ticket using my SSC account and give him the ticket? 

I've been given an away ticket before by a member before with no issues, the threats of ID checks never happen in my experience.

(The post below would suggest my experience is out of date)

Edited by welshbairn

With two of the last three away games being 100% pickup and the SSC specifically saying that it is likely tickets for Cyprus, Spain and France will need to be collected in person and by the individual members rather than the lead booker I'm not sure how much faith I'd place in it being fine for other people in the past.

On 17/07/2023 at 10:22, immcinto said:

If he‘s on facebook, search Davy Buses. Guy lives in Cyprus, and has run buses for Scotland fans in the past. Very reliable. He has a good relationship with the Cypriot FA, and will be showing how to apply for a Cyprus FA fan card, which is necessary if wanting to get a home end ticket. 

IMG_5596.png